U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:Put me out of my misery. I frantically woke up 5 or 6 times this morning checking my phone for an e-mail.


They'll send the email between 5-6 EST. Sorry for the bad news all.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Anyone care to look at my Chicago LOCI?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:27 pm

D Brooks wrote:Anyone care to look at my Chicago LOCI?


yup yup

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6341
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 5ky » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 pm

D Brooks wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:Put me out of my misery. I frantically woke up 5 or 6 times this morning checking my phone for an e-mail.


They'll send the email between 5-6 EST. Sorry for the bad news all.


Why does everyone keep saying this? For the last wave of acceptances, they were on the 14th of January. There were a few rejections on the 15th, but the waitlists didn't occur until January 29th.

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Fancy Pants » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:29 pm

5ky wrote:Why does everyone keep saying this? For the last wave of acceptances, they were on the 14th of January. There were a few rejections on the 15th, but the waitlists didn't occur until January 29th.


Chicago Law Apps Twitter wrote:Releasing decisions tomorrow p.m. & early next week. Reminder: all decisions released by email and status checker (plus calls for admits).

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6341
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 5ky » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
5ky wrote:Why does everyone keep saying this? For the last wave of acceptances, they were on the 14th of January. There were a few rejections on the 15th, but the waitlists didn't occur until January 29th.


Chicago Law Apps Twitter wrote:Releasing decisions tomorrow p.m. & early next week. Reminder: all decisions released by email and status checker (plus calls for admits).



Haha. Oh. Well that would make sense. Carry on!

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:30 pm

D Brooks wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:Put me out of my misery. I frantically woke up 5 or 6 times this morning checking my phone for an e-mail.


They'll send the email between 5-6 EST. Sorry for the bad news all.

No biggie.

I'm beaming.

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby WhatUpKells » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
5ky wrote:Why does everyone keep saying this? For the last wave of acceptances, they were on the 14th of January. There were a few rejections on the 15th, but the waitlists didn't occur until January 29th.


Chicago Law Apps Twitter wrote:Releasing decisions tomorrow p.m. & early next week. Reminder: all decisions released by email and status checker (plus calls for admits).


I don't see why people are so sure about expecting bad news today. I'm still optimistic they just didn't get through all their acceptance calls.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
5ky wrote:Why does everyone keep saying this? For the last wave of acceptances, they were on the 14th of January. There were a few rejections on the 15th, but the waitlists didn't occur until January 29th.


Chicago Law Apps Twitter wrote:Releasing decisions tomorrow p.m. & early next week. Reminder: all decisions released by email and status checker (plus calls for admits).


I don't see why people are so sure about expecting bad news today. I'm still optimistic they just didn't get through all their acceptance calls.

I'm [strike]delusional[/strike] optimistic, too.

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby WhatUpKells » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:16 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
5ky wrote:Why does everyone keep saying this? For the last wave of acceptances, they were on the 14th of January. There were a few rejections on the 15th, but the waitlists didn't occur until January 29th.


Chicago Law Apps Twitter wrote:Releasing decisions tomorrow p.m. & early next week. Reminder: all decisions released by email and status checker (plus calls for admits).


I don't see why people are so sure about expecting bad news today. I'm still optimistic they just didn't get through all their acceptance calls.

I'm [strike]delusional[/strike] optimistic, too.


Seriously, though. What makes you so sure?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:17 pm

My growing pessimism.

And the fact they they didn't spread out acceptances the first round.

And my spidey-sense.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:Seriously, though. What makes you so sure?


They have never taken more than one day to send out acceptances? The people who they didn't have time to make acceptance calls to still received an accepted email? I suck, so therefore I am waitlisted? There are many hints that there are no acceptances today.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:Seriously, though. What makes you so sure?


They have never taken more than one day to send out acceptances? The people who they didn't have time to make acceptance calls to still received an accepted email? I suck, so therefore I am waitlisted? There are many hints that there are no acceptances today.

+1

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby opus127 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:Seriously, though. What makes you so sure?


They have never taken more than one day to send out acceptances? The people who they didn't have time to make acceptance calls to still received an accepted email? I suck, so therefore I am waitlisted? There are many hints that there are no acceptances today.


I don't think the underlined/bolded part is true -- I think the e-mails only went out to people U of C tried to call but didn't reach.

At any rate, it seems like there were just too many calls on Friday for there to be any left for today. I'll still hold out glimmer of hope until I get news one way or the other, though. :?

The Human Fund
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby The Human Fund » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Does "Application Complete" ever change to "Application Under Review" on the status checker? Or are they one in the same for UChicago?

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby tamlyric » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:24 pm

eas331 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
WhatUpKells wrote:Seriously, though. What makes you so sure?


They have never taken more than one day to send out acceptances? The people who they didn't have time to make acceptance calls to still received an accepted email? I suck, so therefore I am waitlisted? There are many hints that there are no acceptances today.


I don't think the underlined/bolded part is true -- I think the e-mails only went out to people U of C tried to call but didn't reach.

At any rate, it seems like there were just too many calls on Friday for there to be any left for today. I'll still hold out glimmer of hope until I get news one way or the other, though. :?


+1

I think this was an unusually large batch of decisions, so hope is still rational-ish. :wink:

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:No phone call...

...but just received an acceptance e-mail!


Maybe FP just missed the missed call. However, I wouldn't expect calls for us still waiting untill Friday at the earliest. They would probably want to see if they can decide on anyone else and put their call in with the rest of ours. I do hope that there are some more calls today in the next hour, but if there arn't I won't be holding my breath till Friday afternoon (or whenever the next Twitter update).

jumpinjackflash
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby jumpinjackflash » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 pm

but they said on twitter that decisions going out early this week too, gotta have hope!!!!

jumpinjackflash
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby jumpinjackflash » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 pm

are the ppl stil waiting (who were UR 2/4) still in 2/4 or did everyone update to 2/5?

vmmf
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby vmmf » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:35 pm

jumpinjackflash wrote:are the ppl stil waiting (who were UR 2/4) still in 2/4 or did everyone update to 2/5?


I am still UR 2/4.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:37 pm

vmmf wrote:
jumpinjackflash wrote:are the ppl stil waiting (who were UR 2/4) still in 2/4 or did everyone update to 2/5?


I am still UR 2/4.


Me too.

jumpinjackflash
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby jumpinjackflash » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:40 pm

anyone hav any thoughts if thats good bad or neutral, i know this is specuation but it helps the time pass by

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:48 pm

For us future WLers.. do you know if everyone gets the interview invite (like what happened with ED) or do only certain people get it? Or do they not do that for RD?

jumpinjackflash
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby jumpinjackflash » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:04 pm

is this when the calls went out on Friday?. does no twitter update mean that they arent going out today?

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Fancy Pants » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:No phone call...

...but just received an acceptance e-mail!


Maybe FP just missed the missed call. However, I wouldn't expect calls for us still waiting untill Friday at the earliest. They would probably want to see if they can decide on anyone else and put their call in with the rest of ours. I do hope that there are some more calls today in the next hour, but if there arn't I won't be holding my breath till Friday afternoon (or whenever the next Twitter update).


Didn't miss a missed call and received no voicemail, but it is very possible that my phone was not behaving properly and they were unable to get through.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Kaziende, Long shot hero, PDX4343 and 11 guests