U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
natalie123
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby natalie123 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 am

Oh, it's fine. It just makes decisions more complicated, that's all. Sometimes I wish I was doing this when I was younger and unfettered, but if I'd gone to law school right out of college, it would have been a complete and utter disaster!

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby legalnoeagle » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:57 am

Still sitting at Application Complete 12/29, but I'll be watching this thread with interest. Best of luck to all those waiting for phone calls today.

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Fancy Pants » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 am

Image

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:08 am

My guess.... 2 pm eastern the calls start

User avatar
monkeygirl
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby monkeygirl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 am

Good luck to everyone! I have the feeling that I will be getting an email instead of a phone call, but it will be nice to have this over with. :(

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Fancy Pants » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:27 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My guess.... 2 pm eastern the calls start


A good guess. Right after lunchtime for them and that's about when they started last time, right?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:29 am

Fancy Pants wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My guess.... 2 pm eastern the calls start


A good guess. Right after lunchtime for them and that's about when they started last time, right?


I believe they actually started around 1 last time. I think I was one of the first people to be called and I got the call at 11 pacific time.

EDIT: Jsut checked my phone and the call came at 11:09am Pacific Time

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby booboo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:35 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My guess.... 2 pm eastern the calls start


A good guess. Right after lunchtime for them and that's about when they started last time, right?


I believe they actually started around 1 last time. I think I was one of the first people to be called and I got the call at 11 pacific time.

EDIT: Jsut checked my phone and the call came at 11:09am Pacific Time


I believe that is 2 eastern. :P.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:39 am

booboo wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Fancy Pants wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:My guess.... 2 pm eastern the calls start


A good guess. Right after lunchtime for them and that's about when they started last time, right?


I believe they actually started around 1 last time. I think I was one of the first people to be called and I got the call at 11 pacific time.

EDIT: Jsut checked my phone and the call came at 11:09am Pacific Time


I believe that is 2 eastern. :P.


:lol: You are right. I didnt realize I specified 2 eastern in my post. I was smarter than I thought

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby booboo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
:lol: You are right. I didnt realize I specified 2 eastern in my post. I was smarter than I thought


Remember this when you are in law school. :).

washingtonian
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby washingtonian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:59 am

i'm a little late to this thread as i have been a little preoccupied with Mich and Berkeley... can someone give me the quick update? If my status checker just changed to "Application Under Review 2/4/10" can I expect a decision today? Thanks all... good luck to everyone!

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 am

washingtonian wrote:i'm a little late to this thread as i have been a little preoccupied with Mich and Berkeley... can someone give me the quick update? If my status checker just changed to "Application Under Review 2/4/10" can I expect a decision today? Thanks all... good luck to everyone!


Today PM or early next week. Call for Admits, Emails for everything else.

washingtonian
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby washingtonian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks! Crossing my fingers...

stopscreaming
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby stopscreaming » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:09 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
washingtonian wrote:i'm a little late to this thread as i have been a little preoccupied with Mich and Berkeley... can someone give me the quick update? If my status checker just changed to "Application Under Review 2/4/10" can I expect a decision today? Thanks all... good luck to everyone!


Today PM or early next week. Call for Admits, Emails for everything else.


So whats the consensus here? Will ALL 2/4 updates get decisions today or next week? What about borderline candidates or URMs? Don't schools usually like to hold on to their apps a bit longer?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 am

.
Last edited by puppleberry finn on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:58 am

I have no horse in this race since my status checker hasn't updated in two months, but best of luck to everyone who is expecting a decision today! :)

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I'm stalking this thread across the street through the blinds of my waitlist house. I hope there's lots of good news in here today!

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby booboo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 pm

blue5385 wrote:I have no horse in this race since my status checker hasn't updated in two months, but best of luck to everyone who is expecting a decision today! :)


This was a nice analogy.

On second thought, GobiasIndustries was a nice one as well.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 pm

booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:I have no horse in this race since my status checker hasn't updated in two months, but best of luck to everyone who is expecting a decision today! :)


This was a nice analogy.

On second thought, GobiasIndustries was a nice one as well.


GobiasIndustries' analogy is more along the lines of what I will really be doing than mine is.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:07 pm

blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:I have no horse in this race since my status checker hasn't updated in two months, but best of luck to everyone who is expecting a decision today! :)


This was a nice analogy.

On second thought, GobiasIndustries was a nice one as well.


GobiasIndustries' analogy is more along the lines of what I will really be doing than mine is.


I wish there was a smiley for "nervous shifty eyes"

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:00 pm

T-1 Hour for calls to start...

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby dakatz » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:01 pm

gossipgirl wrote:T-1 Hour for calls to start...


What makes you so sure? Have they typically made calls at 2PM?

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:05 pm

dakatz wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:T-1 Hour for calls to start...


What makes you so sure? Have they typically made calls at 2PM?


Yes and they said Friday PM and since they're central time and people usually take 12-1 as lunch, the soonest is probably 1CT, meaning one hour from now!

All conjecture, but I'm nervous since I'm an October complete and have gone two (or three) acceptance cycles without any decision!!

User avatar
ChildPlease
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ChildPlease » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:06 pm

What does it mean if your status updates again today??? Waitlist?

User avatar
gossipgirl
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:25 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:09 pm

ChildPlease wrote:What does it mean if your status updates again today??? Waitlist?


I think someone said before that on the day that the decisions are released, the status checker changes to today's date moments (maybe hour(s)) before a subsequent change to a waitlist and an e-mail notifying people of a waitlist.

From what I remember, people who were accepted didn't have their status checker changed immediately or on the same day.

It could also be that they just looked at your file again today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”