U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
protokurios
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby protokurios » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Just joining the thread, been complete for a while now.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:58 pm

I got the long version of an auto-rejection last year and spoke to Ann Perry over the summer about reapplying. My GPA went up by .4 (but is still TTT) and my LSAT is now above median and I'm applying ED. The phone call (which would come a week or two before Xmas) would make my year.

Any other ED applicants?

MeasuredOptimism
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:19 pm

complete as of 10/15

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Lysis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Complete since 10/12.
Anyone know when they have started rolling out decisions in the past? December?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Lysis wrote:Complete since 10/12.
Anyone know when they have started rolling out decisions in the past? December?


Helmholtz wrote:According to LSN's previous year data (avoiding ED applicants), these are when the first waves started and/or when mass decisions first went out:

Yale: 12/10-12/19
Harvard: 11/20-11/25
Stanford: 12/16-12/17
Columbia: 1/19-1/22
NYU: 12/11-12/24
Chicago: 12/19-12/23
Berkeley: 11/21-12/19
Penn: 12/22-12/29
Michigan: 11/20-12/29
UVA: 11/10-12/19
Duke: with PT in there, it's hard to tell, looks like it starts mid-Nov.
NU: 1/02-2/20
Cornell: 12/02-12/24
GULC: 10/27-10/30

This was sort of just me eyeballing it and subjectively picking the ranges. Don't take it too seriously.

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Lysis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks! That was very helpful (and fast).

Oh Chicago. Maybe they'll hop to it earlier this time around.

User avatar
patrickchillis
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby patrickchillis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 pm

also early decision...submitted my app about four days ago...now we wait

User avatar
Chuch
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Chuch » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:07 pm

this will be more beneficial to this crowd so let me hook you over achievers up:

if the benefit of committing a robbery < cost of (punishment * probability of punishment), don't rob.
always breach a contract and pay damages if it's cheaper than fulfilling your end of the bargain.
never entitle the least cost avoider.
if the cost of preventing an injury to someone > (what you'll have to pay them * probability of realization), only an idiot would prevent it.
private property = good. communal property = bad.
entitlement is arbitrary because the market will always shift it to whomever values it most.
transaction costs are annoying, but you don't have to think about them if you don't want to.
an arm is worth about 40k.
posner > dworkin.

no need to wait any longer. you now have a chicago jd. you can do whatever you liiiiiiike.

User avatar
Chuch
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Chuch » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:38 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:I don't have patron on ice- does this still hold?

still holds. you can thank me later.

User avatar
patrickchillis
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby patrickchillis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
patrickchillis wrote:also early decision...submitted my app about four days ago...now we wait
I checked on your past posts for numbers, find them, and slowly lower my head. Its like watching Chicago Law evaporate.


haha does this mean i have a good shot? and dont let anything evaporate, good vibes man good vibes...you're in the mix for sure

User avatar
patrickchillis
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby patrickchillis » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:45 pm

p.s. i have various good reasons for wanting ED, if that matters...

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 am

patrickchillis wrote:p.s. i have various good reasons for wanting ED, if that matters...


Numbers? (PM me if necessary). URM?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:11 am

I'm joining the fray. I wouldn't have touched Chicago with a 10 foot pole for UG, but for law school? Count me in.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28213
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:09 am

Chicago has a rocking undergrad, Crack!

That said, I wouldn't touch it for law school or undergrad because I'm afraid of the combination of wind and cold.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kretzy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:27 am

boo_pragmatism wrote:
patrickchillis wrote:haha does this mean i have a good shot? and dont let anything evaporate, good vibes man good vibes...you're in the mix for sure
Yes you have a good shot, and yes, I find myself in the unenviable position of hoping my softs make a difference. Never a good thing.


I'm in the same boat. Not a fun time. Good luck.

User avatar
Miltiades
Posts: 2190
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Miltiades » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:37 am

I have no chance of getting in, but it is my dream school of the T14. If only, if only...

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:08 pm

VoidSix wrote:Chicago has a rocking undergrad, Crack!

That said, I wouldn't touch it for law school or undergrad because I'm afraid of the combination of wind and cold.

UChicago UG: Where fun goes to die.

Seriously, my sister went there and she used to wear this shirt (she was proud of it, too. Nerd) that had the top 5 party schools in the country on the front (something like UC Boulder, Wisconsin, USC, UMiami, USC) and then the bottom 5 party schools on the back, and the order was (I remember this clearly):

298: BYU
299: Air Force Academy
300: West Point
301: UChicago
302: Naval Academy

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28213
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 pm

crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Chicago has a rocking undergrad, Crack!

That said, I wouldn't touch it for law school or undergrad because I'm afraid of the combination of wind and cold.

UChicago UG: Where fun goes to die.

Seriously, my sister went there and she used to wear this shirt (she was proud of it, too. Nerd) that had the top 5 party schools in the country on the front (something like UC Boulder, Wisconsin, USC, UMiami, USC) and then the bottom 5 party schools on the back, and the order was (I remember this clearly):

298: BYU
299: Air Force Academy
300: West Point
301: UChicago
302: Naval Academy


Yeah. I hear that's not much different in law school, though. Haha.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:24 pm

VoidSix wrote:
crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Chicago has a rocking undergrad, Crack!

That said, I wouldn't touch it for law school or undergrad because I'm afraid of the combination of wind and cold.

UChicago UG: Where fun goes to die.

Seriously, my sister went there and she used to wear this shirt (she was proud of it, too. Nerd) that had the top 5 party schools in the country on the front (something like UC Boulder, Wisconsin, USC, UMiami, USC) and then the bottom 5 party schools on the back, and the order was (I remember this clearly):

298: BYU
299: Air Force Academy
300: West Point
301: UChicago
302: Naval Academy


Yeah. I hear that's not much different in law school, though. Haha.

Well sure, but my priorities in picking a law school are completely different than my priorities in picking my UG school. I have no problem being surrounded by hard-working, studious people who would rather study than party in law school. Not so much in college.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Is "app received" the same as complete? Last yr they definitely had a complete notice but not app received (they did have an incomplete too).

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:20 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Is "app received" the same as complete? Last yr they definitely had a complete notice but not app received (they did have an incomplete too).


Mine says "Application Complete" it was at App Received before that

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Is "app received" the same as complete? Last yr they definitely had a complete notice but not app received (they did have an incomplete too).


Mine says "Application Complete" it was at App Received before that


Chicago, you're completely paperless and you got my LSDAS on Monday. What's the deal?

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Chichaca » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Just went complete.

User avatar
triplecats
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby triplecats » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Submitted today. Of the T6, this would be my #1. Best of luck everyone!

alchemist
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby alchemist » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Anyone else have "class deposit received" in his/her status checker page?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Justtrying2help and 12 guests