U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby scribelaw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 pm

VoidSix wrote:
GeePee wrote:
scribelaw wrote:Did anyone else miss today's NeedAccess deadline?

I mean, Feb. 1 is a pretty tough deadline. I got my stuff taxes down and information downloaded, but U-Chicago wants both parents' information, regardless of age. Neither of my parents has even started on their taxes.

I find Chicago's deadline rather ridiculous. I mean, they haven't put my file UR yet 2 months after I went complete, and they want me to have my financial aid information by February 1?

They have to be kidding me.


The NeedAccess form had me reasonably close to puncturing my eyeballs with a letter opener. I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later (if you haven't already). And have your 1040 forms completed and with you.


I did my taxes today, and FAFSA took 10 minutes because I'm old enough not to need to input my parents' info.

But on this NeedAccess thing, from what I can tell, both parents will need to have a completed 1040 to fill it out to U-Chicago's specs. That's a lot to ask by Feb. 1.

ivorynightfall
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ivorynightfall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

georgina wrote:
td6624 wrote:
ivorynightfall wrote:Should I be worried if I have received absolutely NO communication from them since submitting my application on 12/15? No email saying they've received anything, no under review, no complete, nada. Does Chicago do this all by mail (which I have no access to), or do they also do emails? I'm starting to get worried....who should I email, if anyone?


I e-mailed the admissions department (admissions@law.uchicago.edu) telling them I never received confirmation or info on the status checker. I got a response saying that I received an e-mail from them on 1/12, but there is no sign of it anywhere in my e-mail. Whoever sent me the response said if I don't receive an e-mail from them shortly, I will have to supply them with another e-mail address because the system will not send it again to the one I've been using.

It's a little odd. I wonder if we're the only two with this problem.


this has happened to a number of people. i think chicago has problems sending emails to forwarding email addresses, as in, the email address i originally gave is for an address that strictly forwards and doesn't keep emails on servers anywhere. so, i had to request they change the email address on my app. thankfully, i was able to receive the WL email with no problems, YAY


that makes a lot of sense. i gave them my school address, which forwards to my gmail. However, its supposed to keep a copy on my school server, and i didnt find it there either. well, they do notify via mail dont they? or only email?

also GeePee - def missed Need Access. Its ridiculous.

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby scribelaw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

GeePee wrote:
scribelaw wrote:Did anyone else miss today's NeedAccess deadline?

I mean, Feb. 1 is a pretty tough deadline. I got my stuff taxes down and information downloaded, but U-Chicago wants both parents' information, regardless of age. Neither of my parents has even started on their taxes.

I find Chicago's deadline rather ridiculous. I mean, they haven't put my file UR yet 2 months after I went complete, and they want me to have my financial aid information by February 1?

They have to be kidding me.


+1 -- I probably won't get a decision from U-Chicago until mid or late March. Why do they need my financial aid info two months before that?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

I just found out that the head dude from TMZ (and also reporter for People's Court) went to law school at Chicago.

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Fancy Pants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:44 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:I just found out that the head dude from TMZ (and also reporter for People's Court) went to law school at Chicago.


Harvey Levin: the only reason I want UChi.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah, the Need Access deadline is pretty ridiculous. My parents and I were scrambling over the weekend to do it, and we just barely finished. Lucky I had all my W2's (I worked 3 jobs last year) or else I probably would have been in trouble.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 pm

GeePee wrote:I've slowly been in the process, putting together my information slowly over the course of a couple of weeks. However, some of the information that NeedAccess asks me is so useless that I am doing it slowly.


We get GeePee... your slow... no need to emphasize it so much :D

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GeePee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 pm

SolarWind wrote:
GeePee wrote:I've slowly been in the process, putting together my information slowly over the course of a couple of weeks. However, some of the information that NeedAccess asks me is so useless that I am doing it slowly.


We get GeePee... your slow... no need to emphasize it so much :D

I'm glad someone caught on to that.... NeedAccess is AWFUL.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 pm

GP, are you an undergrad at UChi right now?

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby holybartender » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Also went Under Review today (1/11-2/1), but I'm not holding my breath.

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby tintin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Yeah, the Need Access deadline is pretty ridiculous. My parents and I were scrambling over the weekend to do it, and we just barely finished. Lucky I had all my W2's (I worked 3 jobs last year) or else I probably would have been in trouble.


i didn't have any of my W2s from my 3 jobs, nor had my parents done their taxes. we just all guesstimated. if anyone decides to audit it they will probably find it to be a little off, oh well. the deadline was ridic.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 pm

UR 1/26 (first time) ---> UR 2/1

good sign? bad? neutral? thanks.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kretzy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm

tintin wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Yeah, the Need Access deadline is pretty ridiculous. My parents and I were scrambling over the weekend to do it, and we just barely finished. Lucky I had all my W2's (I worked 3 jobs last year) or else I probably would have been in trouble.


i didn't have any of my W2s from my 3 jobs, nor had my parents done their taxes. we just all guesstimated. if anyone decides to audit it they will probably find it to be a little off, oh well. the deadline was ridic.


Yes, it sucked, but on the plus side, we'll be in the first waves of any need/need-merit aid from other schools, which is sure as hell going to help me finalize things.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GeePee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm

VoidSix wrote:GP, are you an undergrad at UChi right now?

No, why do you ask?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 pm

GeePee wrote:
VoidSix wrote:GP, are you an undergrad at UChi right now?

No, why do you ask?


Have a distant friend on facebook also frustrated with NeedAccess with same numbers and major. Just a weird coincidence.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 pm

VoidSix wrote:
GeePee wrote:
VoidSix wrote:GP, are you an undergrad at UChi right now?

No, why do you ask?


Have a distant friend on facebook also frustrated with NeedAccess with same numbers and major. Just a weird coincidence.

Are you for real V6?

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby DanInALionsDen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm not sure if someone has posted this before me, but after filling out the needaccess, you can reopen the forms and change the info, then send it again. So if you submit them today, Feb. 1, with an estimate of your parents' 1040s, then you can meet the deadline, and go back and edit it when you have all the information. There is an option right at the beginning of the form to acknowledge that you are estimating the 1040 as well, so I'm guessing this is what UC expects from most applicants.

User avatar
keiko
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby keiko » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:I'm not sure if someone has posted this before me, but after filling out the needaccess, you can reopen the forms and change the info, then send it again. So if you submit them today, Feb. 1, with an estimate of your parents' 1040s, then you can meet the deadline, and go back and edit it when you have all the information. There is an option right at the beginning of the form to acknowledge that you are estimating the 1040 as well, so I'm guessing this is what UC expects from most applicants.


TITCR

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:28 pm

crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
GeePee wrote:
VoidSix wrote:GP, are you an undergrad at UChi right now?

No, why do you ask?


Have a distant friend on facebook also frustrated with NeedAccess with same numbers and major. Just a weird coincidence.

Are you for real V6?


Well how many 175, 3.98 economics majors still in undergrad do you know complaining about NeedAccess on the same day?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:puppins, don't you remember talib and I discussing his swift withdrawal from Chicago over in BP? Am I making that up in my head or did we have that explicit conversation? Is managamy a talib alt, or vice versa? Are these questions running through my head, can't think.


No, I'm not a talib alt.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:30 pm

VoidSix wrote:Well how many 175, 3.98 economics majors still in undergrad do you know complaining about NeedAccess on the same day?

Sorry should have rephrased: "are you really browsing the Internet and (subconsciously) looking for hidden connections between your FBook, Twitter, MySpace and TLS e-friends?"

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28282
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 pm

crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Well how many 175, 3.98 economics majors still in undergrad do you know complaining about NeedAccess on the same day?

Sorry should have rephrased: "are you really browsing the Internet and (subconsciously) looking for hidden connections between your FBook, Twitter, MySpace and TLS e-friends?"


I don't have a Twitter or Myspace. Otherwise you've got me.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm

managamy wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:puppins, don't you remember talib and I discussing his swift withdrawal from Chicago over in BP? Am I making that up in my head or did we have that explicit conversation? Is managamy a talib alt, or vice versa? Are these questions running through my head, can't think.


No, I'm not a talib alt.



That would be the funniest thing that I have ever seen.

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby clint4law » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:55 pm

my under review date just changed to 2/1/10....did this happen to anyone else?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 pm

clint4law wrote:my under review date just changed to 2/1/10....did this happen to anyone else?


If you submitted a scholarship essay or need-based aid application, it's probably the reason.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles and 3 guests