U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scribelaw

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby scribelaw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 pm

VoidSix wrote:
GeePee wrote:
scribelaw wrote:Did anyone else miss today's NeedAccess deadline?

I mean, Feb. 1 is a pretty tough deadline. I got my stuff taxes down and information downloaded, but U-Chicago wants both parents' information, regardless of age. Neither of my parents has even started on their taxes.

I find Chicago's deadline rather ridiculous. I mean, they haven't put my file UR yet 2 months after I went complete, and they want me to have my financial aid information by February 1?

They have to be kidding me.

The NeedAccess form had me reasonably close to puncturing my eyeballs with a letter opener. I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later (if you haven't already). And have your 1040 forms completed and with you.

I did my taxes today, and FAFSA took 10 minutes because I'm old enough not to need to input my parents' info.

But on this NeedAccess thing, from what I can tell, both parents will need to have a completed 1040 to fill it out to U-Chicago's specs. That's a lot to ask by Feb. 1.

ivorynightfall

Postby ivorynightfall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

georgina wrote:
td6624 wrote:
ivorynightfall wrote:Should I be worried if I have received absolutely NO communication from them since submitting my application on 12/15? No email saying they've received anything, no under review, no complete, nada. Does Chicago do this all by mail (which I have no access to), or do they also do emails? I'm starting to get worried....who should I email, if anyone?

I e-mailed the admissions department (admissions@law.uchicago.edu) telling them I never received confirmation or info on the status checker. I got a response saying that I received an e-mail from them on 1/12, but there is no sign of it anywhere in my e-mail. Whoever sent me the response said if I don't receive an e-mail from them shortly, I will have to supply them with another e-mail address because the system will not send it again to the one I've been using.

It's a little odd. I wonder if we're the only two with this problem.

this has happened to a number of people. i think chicago has problems sending emails to forwarding email addresses, as in, the email address i originally gave is for an address that strictly forwards and doesn't keep emails on servers anywhere. so, i had to request they change the email address on my app. thankfully, i was able to receive the WL email with no problems, YAY

that makes a lot of sense. i gave them my school address, which forwards to my gmail. However, its supposed to keep a copy on my school server, and i didnt find it there either. well, they do notify via mail dont they? or only email?

also GeePee - def missed Need Access. Its ridiculous.

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:26 pm

GeePee wrote:
scribelaw wrote:Did anyone else miss today's NeedAccess deadline?

I mean, Feb. 1 is a pretty tough deadline. I got my stuff taxes down and information downloaded, but U-Chicago wants both parents' information, regardless of age. Neither of my parents has even started on their taxes.

I find Chicago's deadline rather ridiculous. I mean, they haven't put my file UR yet 2 months after I went complete, and they want me to have my financial aid information by February 1?

They have to be kidding me.

+1 -- I probably won't get a decision from U-Chicago until mid or late March. Why do they need my financial aid info two months before that?

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

I just found out that the head dude from TMZ (and also reporter for People's Court) went to law school at Chicago.

Fancy Pants

Postby Fancy Pants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:44 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:I just found out that the head dude from TMZ (and also reporter for People's Court) went to law school at Chicago.

Harvey Levin: the only reason I want UChi.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah, the Need Access deadline is pretty ridiculous. My parents and I were scrambling over the weekend to do it, and we just barely finished. Lucky I had all my W2's (I worked 3 jobs last year) or else I probably would have been in trouble.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:53 pm

GeePee wrote:I've slowly been in the process, putting together my information slowly over the course of a couple of weeks. However, some of the information that NeedAccess asks me is so useless that I am doing it slowly.

We get GeePee... your slow... no need to emphasize it so much :D

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 pm

SolarWind wrote:
GeePee wrote:I've slowly been in the process, putting together my information slowly over the course of a couple of weeks. However, some of the information that NeedAccess asks me is so useless that I am doing it slowly.

We get GeePee... your slow... no need to emphasize it so much :D

I'm glad someone caught on to that.... NeedAccess is AWFUL.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 pm

GP, are you an undergrad at UChi right now?

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Also went Under Review today (1/11-2/1), but I'm not holding my breath.

tintin

Postby tintin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Yeah, the Need Access deadline is pretty ridiculous. My parents and I were scrambling over the weekend to do it, and we just barely finished. Lucky I had all my W2's (I worked 3 jobs last year) or else I probably would have been in trouble.

i didn't have any of my W2s from my 3 jobs, nor had my parents done their taxes. we just all guesstimated. if anyone decides to audit it they will probably find it to be a little off, oh well. the deadline was ridic.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 pm

UR 1/26 (first time) ---> UR 2/1

good sign? bad? neutral? thanks.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm

tintin wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Yeah, the Need Access deadline is pretty ridiculous. My parents and I were scrambling over the weekend to do it, and we just barely finished. Lucky I had all my W2's (I worked 3 jobs last year) or else I probably would have been in trouble.

i didn't have any of my W2s from my 3 jobs, nor had my parents done their taxes. we just all guesstimated. if anyone decides to audit it they will probably find it to be a little off, oh well. the deadline was ridic.

Yes, it sucked, but on the plus side, we'll be in the first waves of any need/need-merit aid from other schools, which is sure as hell going to help me finalize things.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm

VoidSix wrote:GP, are you an undergrad at UChi right now?

No, why do you ask?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:15 pm

GeePee wrote:

No, why do you ask?

Have a distant friend on facebook also frustrated with NeedAccess with same numbers and major. Just a weird coincidence.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:23 pm

VoidSix wrote:
GeePee wrote:

No, why do you ask?

Have a distant friend on facebook also frustrated with NeedAccess with same numbers and major. Just a weird coincidence.

Are you for real V6?

DanInALionsDen

Postby DanInALionsDen » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm not sure if someone has posted this before me, but after filling out the needaccess, you can reopen the forms and change the info, then send it again. So if you submit them today, Feb. 1, with an estimate of your parents' 1040s, then you can meet the deadline, and go back and edit it when you have all the information. There is an option right at the beginning of the form to acknowledge that you are estimating the 1040 as well, so I'm guessing this is what UC expects from most applicants.

keiko

Postby keiko » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:I'm not sure if someone has posted this before me, but after filling out the needaccess, you can reopen the forms and change the info, then send it again. So if you submit them today, Feb. 1, with an estimate of your parents' 1040s, then you can meet the deadline, and go back and edit it when you have all the information. There is an option right at the beginning of the form to acknowledge that you are estimating the 1040 as well, so I'm guessing this is what UC expects from most applicants.

TITCR

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:28 pm

crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
GeePee wrote:

No, why do you ask?

Are you for real V6?

Well how many 175, 3.98 economics majors still in undergrad do you know complaining about NeedAccess on the same day?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:puppins, don't you remember talib and I discussing his swift withdrawal from Chicago over in BP? Am I making that up in my head or did we have that explicit conversation? Is managamy a talib alt, or vice versa? Are these questions running through my head, can't think.

No, I'm not a talib alt.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:30 pm

VoidSix wrote:Well how many 175, 3.98 economics majors still in undergrad do you know complaining about NeedAccess on the same day?

Sorry should have rephrased: "are you really browsing the Internet and (subconsciously) looking for hidden connections between your FBook, Twitter, MySpace and TLS e-friends?"

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 pm

crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Well how many 175, 3.98 economics majors still in undergrad do you know complaining about NeedAccess on the same day?

Sorry should have rephrased: "are you really browsing the Internet and (subconsciously) looking for hidden connections between your FBook, Twitter, MySpace and TLS e-friends?"

I don't have a Twitter or Myspace. Otherwise you've got me.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm

managamy wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:puppins, don't you remember talib and I discussing his swift withdrawal from Chicago over in BP? Am I making that up in my head or did we have that explicit conversation? Is managamy a talib alt, or vice versa? Are these questions running through my head, can't think.

No, I'm not a talib alt.

That would be the funniest thing that I have ever seen.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:55 pm

my under review date just changed to 2/1/10....did this happen to anyone else?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 pm

clint4law wrote:my under review date just changed to 2/1/10....did this happen to anyone else?

If you submitted a scholarship essay or need-based aid application, it's probably the reason.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”