U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Understandable. I don't think you're withdrawal will actually mean a spot for me. Different "profiles," and all. However, talib is HLS Class 2013 according to his TLS box. He is disgracing the institution of the TLS box if it's all a lie.

hahaha the hallowed tradition of the TLS box.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:15 pm

hey guy, good morning to you as well! good luck on the interview hopeful!

I think my boy Thucydides, after learning of your hilariously sad predicament, would remind you that "right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

maybe if your gpa was higher you wouldn't be at my mercy.

in all seriousness though, double check my tls box. like i said before, i withdrew from every school save for nyu and chicago. i was feeling a little impulsive after looking through the glossy hls admitted students binder, but dragging my ass to work this morning helped me come to my senses. If either chicago or nyu throw me enough cash, i'd have to do a bit of thinking before figuring out what i want to do.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm

nattybro wrote:So we need to submit this Need Access stuff by today in order to get need-based aid, even if we haven't been accepted yet? I have to admit this has kind of taken me by surprise.

Pretty sure. I spent most of yesterday filling it out. Today is my WL essay...

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:29 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
talibkweli wrote:hey guy, good morning to you as well! good luck on the interview hopeful!

I think my boy Thucydides, after learning of your hilariously sad predicament, would remind you that "right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

maybe if your gpa was higher you wouldn't be at my mercy.

in all seriousness though, double check my tls box. like i said before, i withdrew from every school save for nyu and chicago. i was feeling a little impulsive after looking through the glossy hls admitted students binder, but dragging my ass to work this morning helped me come to my senses. If either chicago or nyu throw me enough cash, i'd have to do a bit of thinking before figuring out what i want to do.

Name dropping Greek historians, highlighting the precariousness of my situation in mixed company, and feigning interest in CN all make me :roll:

Thanks for sending that email on my behalf though!

i figured you knew not to take me seriously w/ respect to the teasing at this point. and i dont know why you think im "feigning" interest...forgive me for not willing to dive right in to a life-changing decision without having all options fully materialize.

dude i wrote a letter on your behalf. is that really behavior consistent with trying to screw you? c'mon.

Postby 02082010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Last edited by 02082010 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jumpinjackflash

Postby jumpinjackflash » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Do we think that chicago is going to send out more decisions today?

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 pm

jumpinjackflash wrote:Do we think that chicago is going to send out more decisions today?

Not acceptances. They updated their twitter the day before acceptances so it looks like we'll have a one-day warning.

td6624

Postby td6624 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Well I sent an e-mail inquiring about the status checker... got an e-mail back saying I received an e-mail on January 12th. It's not in my inbox or my spam folder. I just added them to my contact list, so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

And I hope this didn't make me look like too much of a schmuck. Heh.

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
jumpinjackflash wrote:Do we think that chicago is going to send out more decisions today?

Not acceptances. They updated their twitter the day before acceptances so it looks like we'll have a one-day warning.

You may be right, but that was also the first time they released any RD decisions so it might have been a sort of special occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if they adopted the same approach for acceptances as they've been using for dings/WL batches (announcing via Twitter just before or after a batch is released).

ivorynightfall

Postby ivorynightfall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Should I be worried if I have received absolutely NO communication from them since submitting my application on 12/15? No email saying they've received anything, no under review, no complete, nada. Does Chicago do this all by mail (which I have no access to), or do they also do emails? I'm starting to get worried....who should I email, if anyone?

td6624

Postby td6624 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:20 pm

ivorynightfall wrote:Should I be worried if I have received absolutely NO communication from them since submitting my application on 12/15? No email saying they've received anything, no under review, no complete, nada. Does Chicago do this all by mail (which I have no access to), or do they also do emails? I'm starting to get worried....who should I email, if anyone?

I e-mailed the admissions department (admissions@law.uchicago.edu) telling them I never received confirmation or info on the status checker. I got a response saying that I received an e-mail from them on 1/12, but there is no sign of it anywhere in my e-mail. Whoever sent me the response said if I don't receive an e-mail from them shortly, I will have to supply them with another e-mail address because the system will not send it again to the one I've been using.

It's a little odd. I wonder if we're the only two with this problem.

ivorynightfall

Postby ivorynightfall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:22 pm

That is really odd. And that rule about not being able to send multiple emails to one address? Even odder. --

ivorynightfall

Postby ivorynightfall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:51 pm

gave me same reply as you. ' we sent you an email - here's the time stamp'

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 pm

td6624 wrote:It's a little odd. I wonder if we're the only two with this problem.

I had that issue too back in November, after applying in October. I called to confirm they had received my app and that everything was in order and was told they had emailed me. They forwarded the theoretically-sent email to a different address.

georgina

Postby georgina » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:03 pm

td6624 wrote:
ivorynightfall wrote:Should I be worried if I have received absolutely NO communication from them since submitting my application on 12/15? No email saying they've received anything, no under review, no complete, nada. Does Chicago do this all by mail (which I have no access to), or do they also do emails? I'm starting to get worried....who should I email, if anyone?

I e-mailed the admissions department (admissions@law.uchicago.edu) telling them I never received confirmation or info on the status checker. I got a response saying that I received an e-mail from them on 1/12, but there is no sign of it anywhere in my e-mail. Whoever sent me the response said if I don't receive an e-mail from them shortly, I will have to supply them with another e-mail address because the system will not send it again to the one I've been using.

this has happened to a number of people. i think chicago has problems sending emails to forwarding email addresses, as in, the email address i originally gave is for an address that strictly forwards and doesn't keep emails on servers anywhere. so, i had to request they change the email address on my app. thankfully, i was able to receive the WL email with no problems, YAY

booboo

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm

georgina wrote:
td6624 wrote:

this has happened to a number of people. i think chicago has problems sending emails to forwarding email addresses, as in, the email address i originally gave is for an address that strictly forwards and doesn't keep emails on servers anywhere. so, i had to request they change the email address on my app. thankfully, i was able to receive the WL email with no problems, YAY

Aww, that makes me a little sad... But you know what kind of WL that was, :P.

T14forME

Postby T14forME » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:56 pm

UR Updated from 1/15 to 2/1....

td6624

Postby td6624 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:02 pm

georgina wrote:

Hm. My school e-mail (the one I've been using for everything) is run through gmail, as is the only other e-mail address I have. Does this mean that if one doesn't work, neither will the other?

thisiswater1488

Postby thisiswater1488 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Last edited by thisiswater1488 on Mon May 23, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Did anyone else miss today's NeedAccess deadline?

I mean, Feb. 1 is a pretty tough deadline. I got my stuff taxes down and information downloaded, but U-Chicago wants both parents' information, regardless of age. Neither of my parents has even started on their taxes.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:20 pm

scribelaw wrote:Did anyone else miss today's NeedAccess deadline?

I mean, Feb. 1 is a pretty tough deadline. I got my stuff taxes down and information downloaded, but U-Chicago wants both parents' information, regardless of age. Neither of my parents has even started on their taxes.

I find Chicago's deadline rather ridiculous. I mean, they haven't put my file UR yet 2 months after I went complete, and they want me to have my financial aid information by February 1?

They have to be kidding me.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:21 pm

GeePee wrote:

I find Chicago's deadline rather ridiculous. I mean, they haven't put my file UR yet 2 months after I went complete, and they want me to have my financial aid information by February 1?

The NeedAccess form had me reasonably close to puncturing my eyeballs with a letter opener. I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later (if you haven't already). And have your 1040 forms completed and with you.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 pm

VoidSix wrote:
GeePee wrote:

The NeedAccess form had me reasonably close to puncturing my eyeballs with a letter opener. I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later (if you haven't already). And have your 1040 forms completed and with you.

I've slowly been in the process, putting together my information slowly over the course of a couple of weeks. However, some of the information that NeedAccess asks me is so useless that I am doing it slowly.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”