U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ClemCarter

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 pm

puppins wrote:Chuck is weirdly hot. You look at him, and he shouldn't be hot, but he totally is.

Don't forget the voice.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:16 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
puppins wrote:Chuck is weirdly hot. You look at him, and he shouldn't be hot, but he totally is.

exactly. nate is pretty to look at but way too over-emotional for me. and dan is far too brooklyn-angst. so really my only option is chuck, but what an option he is.

In the same way, I have a serious crush on Rabbit from Trauma. Why? NOOO idea. he really isn't that hot. but I dunno, there is just something about his character..

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:16 pm

ClemCarter wrote:

Don't forget the voice.

I actually really like the personality too. The whole, broken bad boy who sees everything in completely logical terms? he's like a sex drugs and rock and roll version of spock.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 pm

gahthelaw wrote:

exactly. nate is pretty to look at but way too over-emotional for me. and dan is far too brooklyn-angst. so really my only option is chuck, but what an option he is.

Nate is automatically disqualified due to man-bangs. Dan is automatically disqualified due to bow-leggedness. Carter is sketchy.

I'm a Tripp girl all the way.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 pm

puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:

Don't forget the voice.

I actually really like the personality too. The whole, broken bad boy who sees everything in completely logical terms? he's like a sex drugs and rock and roll version of spock.

Excellent analogy. Like Spock, he is overwhelmingly loyal. Passing up on Paris with Blair to comfort Nate=swoon.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 pm

puppins wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Off-topic. By popular demand, this thread has been converted into a Gossip Girl law school matchup game.

Gossip Girl is one of many shows that is ruining America.

oh yeah? wellll you're one of the many shows that is ruining America!

I expect more from you puppins. :?

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 pm

puppins wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

In the same way, I have a serious crush on Rabbit from Trauma. Why? NOOO idea. he really isn't that hot. but I dunno, there is just something about his character..

i feel like i like chuck the same way i liked egon from ghostbusters. he may not be the best looking guy objectively, but he's totally into himself and doing his own thing, and that thing maybe be weird, but its also really hot.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:21 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I expect more from you puppins. :?

yeah? that and $4.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

but seriously. everyone on TLS expects more of me. I am generally a huge disappointment.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:23 pm

gahthelaw wrote:i feel like i like chuck the same way i liked egon from ghostbusters. he may not be the best looking guy objectively, but he's totally into himself and doing his own thing, and that thing maybe be weird, but its also really hot.

Very well put. Chuck says "I'm a businessman" in that weird Chuck whisper, and I get tingley.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i feel like i like chuck the same way i liked egon from ghostbusters. he may not be the best looking guy objectively, but he's totally into himself and doing his own thing, and that thing maybe be weird, but its also really hot.

Very well put. Chuck says "I'm a businessman" in that weird Chuck whisper, and I get tingley.

*Swoon* i am such a girl. and imagine for a while i thought my male avatar would keep me anonymously gender neutral on TLS...

Dead Ringer

Postby Dead Ringer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Anyone who likes gossip girl a lot is welcome to the school. Frankly, New Yorkers (adoptive or native) are a little outnumbered here though we are a strong contingent. The T-day episode was amazing btw, particularly Chuck's "come on, let's go get drunk."

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 pm

I think Chuck is SO hot... despite the fact that he kind of resembles a reptile. My friends think it's weird... glad to know I'm not alone.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:

*Swoon* i am such a girl. and imagine for a while i thought my male avatar would keep me anonymously gender neutral on TLS...

everyone on TLS used to think I was a gay man.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:31 pm

Dead Ringer wrote:The T-day episode was amazing btw, particularly Chuck's "come on, let's go get drunk."

I know, right?! Totally Shakespearean! How many people stormed away from the dinner table to the tune of that Jason Derulo song? Just when you thought that no more fecal matter was going to hit the fan, BAM! Video of Serena and Tripp in the elevator. BAM! Vanessa hates her mom. BAM! Blair wants pie.

gotmilk?

Postby gotmilk? » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

of all the threads, the UChicago one turns into a pop culture discussion. odd. maybe UChicago students aren't as weird and nerdy as they say?

dms87

Postby dms87 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:52 pm

No spoilers please!
Thanks. :D

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:43 am

Celebrating the one-month anniversary of my most recent update on the status checker. :P

ontologyfail

Postby ontologyfail » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:26 am

gotmilk? wrote:of all the threads, the UChicago one turns into a pop culture discussion. odd. maybe UChicago students aren't as weird and nerdy as they say?

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that...At least now when Chicago shoots me down I can tell myself that it's for the best because I wouldn't have been able to keep up with the gossip girl discussions.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:39 am

ontologyfail wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:of all the threads, the UChicago one turns into a pop culture discussion. odd. maybe UChicago students aren't as weird and nerdy as they say?

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about that...At least now when Chicago shoots me down I can tell myself that it's for the best because I wouldn't have been able to keep up with the gossip girl discussions.

Most of the discussion of pop culture in this thread has spilled over from other schools' threads. So no worries, guys; UC could yet be as devoid of pop culture references as you've always dreamed.

ontologyfail

Postby ontologyfail » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:14 am

puppins wrote:
ontologyfail wrote:

Most of the discussion of pop culture in this thread has spilled over from other schools' threads. So no worries, guys; UC could yet be as devoid of pop culture references as you've always dreamed.

Good to know, although my concerns were more gossip girl specifc. If anyone wants to start talking about Dexter or Always Sunny, I'm game :D

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:28 am

ontologyfail wrote:Good to know, although my concerns were more gossip girl specifc. If anyone wants to start talking about Dexter or Always Sunny, I'm game :D

I love GG, but Dexter is epic. Trinity = best villain ever.

marburger06

Postby marburger06 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 am

puppins wrote:
ontologyfail wrote:

fwiw, our crim professor used the Tiger Woods scandal, including references to TMZ, as fodder for a discussion about blackmail the other day...

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:38 am

maggiebre wrote:
ontologyfail wrote:Good to know, although my concerns were more gossip girl specifc. If anyone wants to start talking about Dexter or Always Sunny, I'm game :D

I love GG, but Dexter is epic. Trinity = best villain ever.

Hes the Quadinity now though!

lsathalon

Postby lsathalon » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:45 am

I am finally complete at Chicago!! Let the waiting begin...

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:01 am

Is there an under review at Chicago?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”