U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 am

Got the good old waitlist today. Withdrawal time! For those of you who are curious, status checker never updated after 12/14.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Nom Sawyer » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:06 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:Got the good old waitlist today. Withdrawal time! For those of you who are curious, status checker never updated after 12/14.


lolz... YP sure is fun

User avatar
pearl_earrings
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby pearl_earrings » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:02 am

sundevil77 wrote:So who on here went UR on 1/19(?) ---> and then updated to UR 1/26? I'm guessing we'll probably hear something Mondayish?

UR 1/15, then 1/19... and no movement today. Monday would be nice!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:53 am

SolarWind wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Got the good old waitlist today. Withdrawal time! For those of you who are curious, status checker never updated after 12/14.


lolz... YP sure is fun

Can't really be YP (yes I know he got Yale). If someone like managamy doesn't get YPed, who would?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:55 am

crackberry wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Got the good old waitlist today. Withdrawal time! For those of you who are curious, status checker never updated after 12/14.


lolz... YP sure is fun

Can't really be YP (yes I know he got Yale). If someone like managamy doesn't get YPed, who would?


I think that the Merit Scholarship invitation was a tentative form of YP. If I didn't write the essay, I'm sure that a WL email would arrive very soon after Feb. 15.

EDIT: Also, one would imagine that Penn would have YP'ed me considering their history, but somehow they thought that it was worth a chance.
Last edited by CardinalRules on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Dignan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:56 am

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Got the good old waitlist today. Withdrawal time! For those of you who are curious, status checker never updated after 12/14.


lolz... YP sure is fun

Can't really be YP (yes I know he got Yale). If someone like managamy doesn't get YPed, who would?


I think that the Merit Scholarship invitation was a tentative form of YP. If I didn't write the essay, I'm sure that a WL email would arrive very soon after Feb. 15.

Managamy--I thought you were already accepted by Chicago. Is that not the case?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:57 am

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Got the good old waitlist today. Withdrawal time! For those of you who are curious, status checker never updated after 12/14.


lolz... YP sure is fun

Can't really be YP (yes I know he got Yale). If someone like managamy doesn't get YPed, who would?


I think that the Merit Scholarship invitation was a tentative form of YP. If I didn't write the essay, I'm sure that a WL email would arrive very soon after Feb. 15.

Yeah but BioE got the waitlist before ever getting the scholarship email.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:59 am

Dignan wrote:
Managamy--I thought you were already accepted by Chicago. Is that not the case?


No, they sent me the Merit Scholarship invitation but not an acceptance. In fact, the email explicitly said that the committee was continuing to consider my candidacy. It's the last top-8 for which I'm waiting.

FWIW, my file was complete 11/3 and under review on 12/31, 1/13, and 1/28. I guess that they like looking at it on a bi-weekly basis.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:04 am

crackberry wrote:
Yeah but BioE got the waitlist before ever getting the scholarship email.


Maybe they just want another glimpse into my insanely brilliant mind? Or the thought of my numbers is enough to make them take the same chance that YP-happy Penn did, if I put in a little extra effort to show sincerity? :wink: They'll have the essay on Monday.

jrgong
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby jrgong » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:13 am

WLed 1/29...3.9X/173. already in at NYU, probably will not stay on WL.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby acecrusher06 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 am

was everyone who got a WL a September complete?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:16 am

Did anyone who was accepted earlier in the cycle get the Merit Scholarship email today?

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't think I was a YP. #'s are barely at/above their 75ths, and I didn't write a DS or a "why Chicago" or anything of the sort. I applied very early in the cycle and was pretty naive.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:I don't think I was a YP. #'s are barely at/above their 75ths, and I didn't write a DS or a "why Chicago" or anything of the sort. I applied very early in the cycle and was pretty naive.

Yeah, whatever. As I noted above, there are bigger fish in the sea.

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby soullesswonder » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:19 pm

So, of those who got the merit scholarship email...who else has already turned their essay in? :twisted:

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kretzy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:05 pm

managamy wrote:Did anyone who was accepted earlier in the cycle get the Merit Scholarship email today?


Nopers, not that I'd have expected one!

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby beef wellington » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:08 pm

I finally went UR today (Saturday!) after being complete since 12/3. What's the current wait time before a decision?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Seeing people with similar numbers to mine getting WLed is scaring the shit outta me. Chicago is probably the only school that can break my heart if I get denied (already assuming a H, S deny).. and I didn't do a "Why Chicago?" because I heard they don't like excess materials. :cry:

kweller
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby kweller » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:31 pm

soullesswonder wrote:So, of those who got the merit scholarship email...who else has already turned their essay in? :twisted:


Gunner. :wink:

Based on those who have gotten that email, what are your number? 174 3.79 here but I just went complete yesterday.

insidethetwenty
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:00 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby insidethetwenty » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 pm

jrgong wrote:WLed 1/29...3.9X/173. already in at NYU, probably will not stay on WL.


Ouch. Sorry about that, but I'm sure you'll love NYU. It's crazy to see Chicago WL'ing that combo.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:32 pm

soullesswonder wrote:So, of those who got the merit scholarship email...who else has already turned their essay in? :twisted:


I'm sending it in just a few hours. They're going to have a lot of emails on Monday, I think.

To be honest, though, I don't care whether I get the scholarship. I just want the acceptance and am trying to turn off that flashing-yellow YP light over my head.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:36 pm

managamy wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:So, of those who got the merit scholarship email...who else has already turned their essay in? :twisted:


I'm sending it in just a few hours. They're going to have a lot of emails on Monday, I think.

To be honest, though, I don't care whether I get the scholarship. I just want the acceptance and am trying to turn off that flashing-yellow YP light over my head.


Are you actually interested in going to Chicago or is this all an exercise to prop up your fragile sense of self-confidence?

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:51 pm

After getting the WL email this thread hurts to read.

Please love me Chicago. Pleeeeeeese.

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
managamy wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:So, of those who got the merit scholarship email...who else has already turned their essay in? :twisted:


I'm sending it in just a few hours. They're going to have a lot of emails on Monday, I think.

To be honest, though, I don't care whether I get the scholarship. I just want the acceptance and am trying to turn off that flashing-yellow YP light over my head.


Are you actually interested in going to Chicago or is this all an exercise to prop up your fragile sense of self-confidence?


+1; are you for real, Managamy? Do you realize that your actions affect others?

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:08 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
managamy wrote:
I'm sending it in just a few hours. They're going to have a lot of emails on Monday, I think.

To be honest, though, I don't care whether I get the scholarship. I just want the acceptance and am trying to turn off that flashing-yellow YP light over my head.


Are you actually interested in going to Chicago or is this all an exercise to prop up your fragile sense of self-confidence?


+1; are you for real, Managamy? Do you realize that your actions affect others?


:roll: I hate e-drama but come on. Getting WL'd at Chicago was the first non-rejection I had from anywhere in the top 20.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Cognitiveproblem, eageragnostic, godinacup, hangold, Keilz, lawdude31, nerdylsat, stratton_oakmont, Thelaw23, Torres1893, TudoBem and 32 guests