U Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Gold

Re: U Chicago 2010

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:36 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:UR 1/15-1/25... Any chance my group will hear soon too?
I hope so, as I am in that group (yet it doesn't take an adcom to figure out what my decision will be).

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:Well, we're all in it together. I think we'll get our decisions tomorrow.

Good luck guys.
I'll say I'm more than a bit scared. I seem to remember them doing a mixed batch already, that last time where there were two days of updates, one day of people got in while the other didn't. Am I right in my remembering, or just insane?
That's right. It was a group of 1/12 and 1/13 people. 1/12 people mostly (if not all) got in, 1/13 were rejects.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Helmholtz wrote:It's only 4:25 there and during the first round people were hearing past 6, do we not think that decisions will be issued tonight?
Nearly positive it'll be tomorrow. That way we have time (albeit only 2 days) to get the need aid form in on time (provided we get in).

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
I hope so, as I am in that group (yet it doesn't take an adcom to figure out what my decision will be).
I like your numbers. Great GPA and solid LSAT. I think mine are a little more iffy because of the GPA.

humdrum

New

Post by humdrum » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Finally 11/25 -> 1/28. I really hope we hear tomorrow!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lermontov

Bronze

Post by Lermontov » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:43 pm

crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:Well, we're all in it together. I think we'll get our decisions tomorrow.

Good luck guys.
I'll say I'm more than a bit scared. I seem to remember them doing a mixed batch already, that last time where there were two days of updates, one day of people got in while the other didn't. Am I right in my remembering, or just insane?
That's right. It was a group of 1/12 and 1/13 people. 1/12 people mostly (if not all) got in, 1/13 were rejects.
Hell, I thought it was the other way around, that the second group got in.
You have crushed my spirits.

nnjpenn

New

Post by nnjpenn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Same boat, 1/28 from 12/14
anyway, moré importantly...
Is this chicago's need based form deadline or the general deadline for need based aid?
I have my own business tax stuff im trying to fix first and am worried i may have ovelooked a deadline. Thanks.

keiko

New

Post by keiko » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:

Good luck guys.
But you got an update today right? So you should be fine... :)

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:47 pm

crackberry wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:It's only 4:25 there and during the first round people were hearing past 6, do we not think that decisions will be issued tonight?
Nearly positive it'll be tomorrow. That way we have time (albeit only 2 days) to get the need aid form in on time (provided we get in).
financial aid form due on the first? for serious???

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

opus127

Bronze

Post by opus127 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Have any mid-January UR people updated to today? (1/15-1/19 here.)

Good luck, everyone!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
I like your numbers. Great GPA and solid LSAT. I think mine are a little more iffy because of the GPA.
Thanks, my gpa dropped .04 though so unless they decide quick I won't be looking so hot lol. Good luck and I hope we both get in SOON (tired of waiting everywhere).

opus127

Bronze

Post by opus127 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm

owhlcn wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Yes. It does seem really early, considering how many applicants are still waiting for a decision, but I guess that's just how it goes.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:54 pm

eas331 wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Yes. It does seem really early, considering how many applicants are still waiting for a decision, but I guess that's just how it goes.
That's really early...but they tweeted about it so I guess it is a hard deadline...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:57 pm

hmm so if my number with uchi is wrong (parents' house), does it seem a little too late at this point to call and request a change?
i'll have to live vicariously through you guys tomorrow, but at least i'll have my sanity most of the day.

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:57 pm

owhlcn wrote:
Yes. It does seem really early, considering how many applicants are still waiting for a decision, but I guess that's just how it goes.[/quote]

That's really early...but they tweeted about it so I guess it is a hard deadline...[/quote]

damn i better get on that...thanks for tweeting chicago...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

georgina wrote:hmm so if my number with uchi is wrong (parents' house), does it seem a little too late at this point to call and request a change?
i'll have to live vicariously through you guys tomorrow, but at least i'll have my sanity most of the day.
I wouldn't call if I were you.

insidethetwenty

Bronze

Post by insidethetwenty » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Is it safe to say that you have to have at least two UR dates before you get a decision?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Revisionist

New

Post by Revisionist » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 pm

I applied in September and my UR date finally updated today. I'm definitely borderline but there are acceptances on LSN with similar numbers.

Lermontov

Bronze

Post by Lermontov » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 pm

owhlcn wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Early, but thanks for the heads up Helm; didn't know any were due this early.
keiko wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote: That's right. It was a group of 1/12 and 1/13 people. 1/12 people mostly (if not all) got in, 1/13 were rejects.
But you got an update today right? So you should be fine... :)
I did; when I made that comment I was thinking that there were people updated yesterday 8)

Also, I just went back and reread the posts from last time around, the 1/12 and 1/13 bunch. I didn't really see any 1/13 updates (that is, people that got decisions on the 14th), and 1/12s were indeed a mixed bunch, with all the rejects coming at the end. A little hard to tell if that held though because some people were not clear on when they had updated.

Basically, I'm not sure what to think. Not nearly as predictable as the beginning of the Georgetown acceptances, for instance (who remembers that, eh, eh?)

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Lermontov wrote:Basically, I'm not sure what to think. Not nearly as predictable as the beginning of the Georgetown acceptances, for instance (who remembers that, eh, eh?)
That was like three months ago. Wow.

Lermontov

Bronze

Post by Lermontov » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:26 pm

crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:Basically, I'm not sure what to think. Not nearly as predictable as the beginning of the Georgetown acceptances, for instance (who remembers that, eh, eh?)
Well it was the beginning of my cycle so it has a special place in my heart :wink: . And it was awesome in its quickness and (once that double clutch thing was figured out) predictability.
All schools should try to be like Georgetown.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Well it was the beginning of my cycle so it has a special place in my heart :wink: . And it was awesome in its quickness and (once that double clutch thing was figured out) predictability.
but but UT called me moments after the gtown status update, and calls feel special. so UT has a special place in my heart, too.

Lermontov

Bronze

Post by Lermontov » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 pm

georgina wrote:
but but UT called me moments after the gtown status update, and calls feel special. so UT has a special place in my heart, too.
Well I won't deny you your UT love. We all have to have a first, and hearing the words made it even better I'm sure.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:
What is this "double clutch thing" of which you speak? I got in during the first wave of Georgetown admits in late October and stopped paying attention after that.

Lermontov

Bronze

Post by Lermontov » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:
What is this "double clutch thing" of which you speak? I got in during the first wave of Georgetown admits in late October and stopped paying attention after that.
I was in the third group I think... They did an updated date on Thursdays with the same status (UR or whatever), then decision rendered on Mondays. Without fail, for the first few weeks, Thursday date update meant Monday DR and letter later that week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”