U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Reedie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:41 pm

talibkweli wrote:edit: have you guys read the admissionsdean.com interview of yale's dean? she openly admits to trolling this place


For all you know, I'm the yale admissions dean.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27889
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:43 pm

talibkweli wrote:
Reedie wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Agreed. That kind of freaks me out since I was a respectable member of this board until like two weeks ago, but in the last two weeks I've gone from classy to tasteless.


I think a law school scanning message boards to spy on applicants is far worse behavior than anything you could say here.


i'm actually indifferent to the practice. while it wouldnt be good form to be sure, i would want to know if a kid i'm considering admitting is routinely posting really bad stuff online

edit: have you guys read the admissionsdean.com interview of yale's dean? she openly admits to trolling this place


Yeah, but Asha has the time to do that. She's at Yale. 90% of applicants are auto-rejects and she only personally admits 1/3rd of the class (60 kids?). I'm hoping (and have heard) that most admissions deans don't have that amount of time.

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby violaboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 am

Got my packet in the mail today! Yay!

big6
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby big6 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:38 am

I'm still at application received 12/31. Is that standard? I've gone complete everywhere else.

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:41 am

big6 wrote:I'm still at application received 12/31. Is that standard? I've gone complete everywhere else.


don't worry - many of us are in the same boat (e.g. me). they're just getting through their october batches... which means we'll be waiting for a while. yay.

acecrusher06
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby acecrusher06 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:00 pm

congrats! did you get a call before your package came?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.


woot! not that i think i'll be getting anything, but hey, a girl can hope.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 pm

just updated from 12/31 to 1/25.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27889
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:15 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.


Nice.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:16 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.


woot! not that i think i'll be getting anything, but hey, a girl can hope.


its really hard to get my brain to register 'girl' when I see a picture of a man. Anyways, in previous years it seems chicago sent out $ info in march. Is it possible people admitted this week would get scholarship offers within a few weeks of admission?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.


woot! not that i think i'll be getting anything, but hey, a girl can hope.


its really hard to get my brain to register 'girl' when I see a picture of a man. Anyways, in previous years it seems chicago sent out $ info in march. Is it possible people admitted this week would get scholarship offers within a few weeks of admission?


I am not sure if they are including people who were recently admitted this week. I told her I was from the December batch of people who got in before the New Year and she said "the committee is working on those applications this week and next and will have the decisions sent be email when completed"

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:20 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.


woot! not that i think i'll be getting anything, but hey, a girl can hope.


its really hard to get my brain to register 'girl' when I see a picture of a man. Anyways, in previous years it seems chicago sent out $ info in march. Is it possible people admitted this week would get scholarship offers within a few weeks of admission?


I am not sure if they are including people who were recently admitted this week. I told her I was from the December batch of people who got in before the New Year and she said "the committee is working on those applications this week and next and will have the decisions sent be email when completed"


hmmm hopefully this means those of us who heard in january will get something before march.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27889
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:21 pm

All I ask for, Chicago, is a clean 70K or so ;)

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:22 pm

i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 pm

gahthelaw wrote:i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.


They might consider it, but I would think Columbia, NYU offers would go much further

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.


They might consider it, but I would think Columbia, NYU offers would go much further


ahh, now if only i had something to wave at them from C or N.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.


They might consider it, but I would think Columbia, NYU offers would go much further

From what I hear CCN schools basically only care about other CCN offers, HYS admits, or full scholarships at T10s.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kretzy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.


They might consider it, but I would think Columbia, NYU offers would go much further

From what I hear CCN schools basically only care about other CCN offers, HYS admits, or full scholarships at T10s.


Do you think Chicago would play ball with a Stanford admission? I feel like they view themselves as equal to SLS, but it'd be nice. Maybe that, coupled with money from another school, could help. I dunno.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Kretzy wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.


They might consider it, but I would think Columbia, NYU offers would go much further

From what I hear CCN schools basically only care about other CCN offers, HYS admits, or full scholarships at T10s.


Do you think Chicago would play ball with a Stanford admission? I feel like they view themselves as equal to SLS, but it'd be nice. Maybe that, coupled with money from another school, could help. I dunno.


They believe their peers to be HYSCN per Dean Schill and Dean Perry's comments. I'm sure they'd play ball though.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 pm

VoidSix wrote:All I ask for, Chicago, is a clean 70K or so ;)

Did you not withdraw this week? Was that Michigan? Did you even apply there? I'll stop asking questions now.

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 pm

UR 1/15-1/25... Does anyone have a guess at what this means?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:53 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:UR 1/15-1/25... Does anyone have a guess at what this means?


It either means that soon you're going to be accepted or rejected, the waitlists have started and you're about to get yours, or absolutely nothing.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:UR 1/15-1/25... Does anyone have a guess at what this means?


It either means that soon you're going to accepted or rejected, the waitlists have started and you're about to get yours, or absolutely nothing.

You're always so helpful, Helm.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 pm

crackberry wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:UR 1/15-1/25... Does anyone have a guess at what this means?


It either means that soon you're going to accepted or rejected, the waitlists have started and you're about to get yours, or absolutely nothing.

You're always so helpful, Helm.


Hah. I typed out that he'll probably be accepted or rejected soon. Then I thought the waitlists might be starting. Then I thought that it could just be nothing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, AZnative, Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], izha, Keilz, Lmorina126, Majestic-12 [Bot], potterotter, reydingo and 20 guests