U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
georgina

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 pm

gossipgirl wrote:"We have now released most decisions on files completed in Sept. and Oct. However, Ad. Comm. is still carefully considering some early files"

Who else is in this batch? I wonder why we've gotten additional review?

there are quite a few of us. i think we're just borderline/hold-worthy candidates, because we span a pretty wide school and number spectrum. that info might not be helpful at all. oh well, good luck!

grrrstick

Postby grrrstick » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Another UR 12/31 to UR 1/25. Good luck this week!

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Still 12/29'ing it here. Who knows?

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Still 11/25. Hoping for my sake that that crew is still hanging strong.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Still 12/29'ing it here. Who knows?

+1.

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Finally UR 1/25. Only 2 months after my completion date. Do decisions typically get made pretty quickly at UofC?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Lermontov wrote:Still 11/25. Hoping for my sake that that crew is still hanging strong.

All of us are still here, and a few others have come out of the woodwork the past few days.

georgina

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:21 pm

crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:Still 11/25. Hoping for my sake that that crew is still hanging strong.

All of us are still here, and a few others have come out of the woodwork the past few days.

i feel they'll definitely get back to us this week. next week is february, and it would just be poor form for them to get back to us so late.

keiko

Postby keiko » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:23 pm

georgina wrote:
crackberry wrote:

i feel they'll definitely get back to us this week. next week is february, and it would just be poor form for them to get back to us so late.

what's your best guess georgina? WL, acceptance, rejections, or all three?

insidethetwenty

Postby insidethetwenty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:17 pm

UR 1/13 here, checking in. I've only changed to UR once and was complete in early November.

Should I hold my breath this week?

georgina

Postby georgina » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm

keiko wrote:
georgina wrote:
crackberry wrote:

what's your best guess georgina? WL, acceptance, rejections, or all three?

my guess is WL's (or holds) and A's. no WL's have been given out RD so far, and since nobody debates that long between a WL and R, they must be deciding between WL's and A's.

but on the other hand, there are so many more A's than R's on LSN right now, and i can't imagine the bias to not report is that severe. ok, i confess, i have no idea.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 pm

georgina wrote:my guess is WL's (or holds) and A's. no WL's have been given out RD so far, and since nobody debates that long between a WL and R, they must be deciding between WL's and A's.

but on the other hand, there are so many more A's than R's on LSN right now, and i can't imagine the bias to not report is that severe. ok, i confess, i have no idea.

Yeah I can't imagine they would take 2+ months (today marks 2 months since we first went UR) to reject all of us. I'm with georgina that we're a mixture of WL/holds and acceptances.

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:29 pm

crackberry wrote:
georgina wrote:my guess is WL's (or holds) and A's. no WL's have been given out RD so far, and since nobody debates that long between a WL and R, they must be deciding between WL's and A's.

Yeah I can't imagine they would take 2+ months (today marks 2 months since we first went UR) to reject all of us. I'm with georgina that we're a mixture of WL/holds and acceptances.

Assuming this, good time to send in fall grades?

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:30 pm

crackberry wrote:

+1
I generally doubt that we're all going to be the same, because that would have meant planning our review process in great detail several months ago. And at least most of us seem like there's a not unreasonable shot at getting in. WL/Admit it will be.

But, (mind you, I do stand by what I just said) the lack of Rejects on LSN makes me nervous.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:02 pm

I usually hate when people post these sort of questions on threads BUT, I think I'm at the point where I am actually concerned. I have been complete since 11/17 without going under review. Is anyone else in this position? I mean, it's over 9 wks now. Should I call or just be patient? I was skeptical about UofC because of the weather, little did I know that they usually give you the cold shoulder too...

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:08 pm

TheWire wrote:I usually hate when people post these sort of questions on threads BUT, I think I'm at the point where I am actually concerned. I have been complete since 11/17 without going under review. Is anyone else in this position? I mean, it's over 9 wks now. Should I call or just be patient? I was skeptical about UofC because of the weather, little did I know that they usually give you the cold shoulder too...

My gut instinct was to say 'Call, who knows what happened to your file.' Then I realized that you are complete, which means there's nothing wrong with your file, so really nothing for you to do or worry about at this point. It's odd and frustrating, but I don't think it's something to worry about. My status hasn't changed in 8 odd weeks, so I do sortof know how that feels, even if I've made it to UR.

At the same time, it's completely legit to call. People make a bigger deal out of calling than need be. Your question isn't frivolous and will take about 30 seconds of someone's time and they're not going to red-flag you for calling with a serious question (as long as you don't get all smart and try to figure out if they'll accept you), so if you're really worried then go ahead and put your mind at ease.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Lermontov wrote:
TheWire wrote:I usually hate when people post these sort of questions on threads BUT, I think I'm at the point where I am actually concerned. I have been complete since 11/17 without going under review. Is anyone else in this position? I mean, it's over 9 wks now. Should I call or just be patient? I was skeptical about UofC because of the weather, little did I know that they usually give you the cold shoulder too...

My gut instinct was to say 'Call, who knows what happened to your file.' Then I realized that you are complete, which means there's nothing wrong with your file, so really nothing for you to do or worry about at this point. It's odd and frustrating, but I don't think it's something to worry about. My status hasn't changed in 8 odd weeks, so I do sortof know how that feels, even if I've made it to UR.

At the same time, it's completely legit to call. People make a bigger deal out of calling than need be. Your question isn't frivolous and will take about 30 seconds of someone's time and they're not going to red-flag you for calling with a serious question (as long as you don't get all smart and try to figure out if they'll accept you), so if you're really worried then go ahead and put your mind at ease.

Most considerate TLS advice I've received in awhile, I appreciate it. I think I'll call tomorrow...

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:13 pm

TheWire wrote:Most considerate TLS advice I've received in awhile, I appreciate it. I think I'll call tomorrow...

I'm interested in their response. I've been complete since 11/24.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
TheWire wrote:Most considerate TLS advice I've received in awhile, I appreciate it. I think I'll call tomorrow...

I'm interested in their response. I've been complete since 11/24.

I'll be sure to update the thread then...

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:22 pm

TheWire wrote:
Lermontov wrote:

Most considerate TLS advice I've received in awhile, I appreciate it. I think I'll call tomorrow...

I would say, just make sure you leave it at "I've been held at complete since 11/17, so I'm just calling to make sure there are no problems with my file," along with some vague pleasantry. They don't really want to talk with you, so the briefer you keep it the better

AppsAbound

Postby AppsAbound » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:23 pm

I wouldn't worry actually. They seem to actually be going in order. I was complete 11/16 and just went UR for the first time last week, 1/19.
But if it makes you feel better, call.

alabamabound

Postby alabamabound » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

pissantvache wrote:Finally UR 1/25. Only 2 months after my completion date. Do decisions typically get made pretty quickly at UofC?

ditto.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Sooo I checked the status checker earlier in the day before my post. Ironically, I am now under review.

11/17 completion --> 1/25 UR

So, I guess the moral of the story is don't trip, UofC just does things the way they do it...

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:43 pm

TheWire wrote:Sooo I checked the status checker earlier in the day before my post. Ironically, I am now under review.

11/17 completion --> 1/25 UR

So, I guess the moral of the story is don't trip, UofC just does things the way they do it...

(If that way is very slowly, then yes)

I am under review now too. 11/24.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Still waiting.
Last edited by Richie Tenenbaum on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”