U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JollyGreenGiant

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm

I want Chicago. :(

I feel as though I should have EDed. Regrets, regrets. But I guess if I EDed I would have always played the "what-if" card with Harvard.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm

oneforship wrote:
puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
puppins wrote:I think this thread really needs to step up it's rivalry with the Columbia thread.

Or we could join forces and mock the NYU thread.

lol excellent choice

What NYU thread? :P

NYU has a law school? I thought people were referring to Fordham when they talked about the New York University School of Law.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:12 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
oneforship wrote:
puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Or we could join forces and mock the NYU thread.

lol excellent choice

What NYU thread? :P

NYU has a law school? I thought people were referring to Fordham when they talked about the New York University School of Law.

No, they got it all wrong, it is NYLS not NYU.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Come on guys, don't be ridiculous. Of course NYU has a law school. It's not like all of it's hipster UGs are getting a job with just their BAs in Critical Thinking About Cultural Studies (Minor: East Asian Steampunk)

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:15 pm

puppins wrote:Come on guys, don't be ridiculous. Of course NYU has a law school. It's not like all of it's hipster UGs are getting a job with just their BAs in Critical Thinking About Cultural Studies (Minor: East Asian Steampunk)

I thought that degree was an auto-admit for a job at Toms

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:21 pm

puppins wrote:Come on guys, don't be ridiculous. Of course NYU has a law school. It's not like all of it's hipster UGs are getting a job with just their BAs in Critical Thinking About Cultural Studies (Minor: East Asian Steampunk)

Like these guys?

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 pm

ClemCarter wrote:

Like these guys?

oh, my idols...

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:44 pm

ClemCarter wrote:

Like these guys?

The chick on the left is pretty hot imo.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:47 pm

gahthelaw wrote:oh, my idols...

This pic must be doctored. Vanessa's hair doesn't look hideous. They must have photoshopped out her lady dreads.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:51 pm

ClemCarter wrote:

This pic must be doctored. Vanessa's hair doesn't look hideous. They must have photoshopped out her lady dreads.

i will get lady dreads if it will get me into NYU.

(i love you too, chicago! just to stay OT ITT)

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:59 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:

i will get lady dreads if it will get me into NYU.

(i love you too, chicago! just to stay OT ITT)

Which GG cast member is most likely to have a Uchicago Law school acceptance? Carter B?

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:04 pm

ClemCarter wrote:Which GG cast member is most likely to have a Uchicago Law school acceptance? Carter B?

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:05 pm

puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:Which GG cast member is most likely to have a Uchicago Law school acceptance? Carter B?

+6342049834535

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Columbia:

--ImageRemoved--

She gets the Hamilton, but is shut out of HYS. Constantly dances around this topic to make it seem like she just took the money over acceptances.

Stanford:

--ImageRemoved--

Spends a lot of time with her brother, who of course goes to Boalt.

Yale:

--ImageRemoved--

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:12 pm

puppins wrote:Stanford:

--ImageRemoved--

There are no girls who look like that even remotely close to the Stanford campus.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:17 pm

puppins wrote:Columbia:

-Blair-

She gets the Hamilton, but is shut out of HYS. Constantly dances around this topic to make it seem like she just took the money over acceptances.

Stanford:

-Serena-

Yale:

-Nate-

Which Serena brother? Humphrey or the invisible gay one? Humphrey is a total Boaltie.

Archibald is not special enough to get into Yale. So he worked on his cousin's political campaign. Pish-posh.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:20 pm

ClemCarter wrote:Which Serena brother? Humphrey or the invisible gay one? Humphrey is a total Boaltie.

Archibald is not special enough to get into Yale. So he worked on his cousin's political campaign. Pish-posh.

Humphrey has already been established as a NYU-er, and clearly Eric should be a Boaltie. I think Nate's family buys his way into Yale, though he shocking does awesome on the LSAT, and Serena gets a boost into Stanford so that she can be on every viewbook ever.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:26 pm

puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Humphrey has already been established as a NYU-er, and clearly Eric should be a Boaltie. I think Nate's family buys his way into Yale, though he shocking does awesome on the LSAT, and Serena gets a suspiciously nice LOR from Tripp Vanderbilt.

Amended.

echoi

Postby echoi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm

christ...i saw that this thread went from 7 to 9 pages and almost had an anxiety attack thinking some acceptances had already gone out this morning.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm

echoi wrote:christ...i saw that this thread went from 7 to 9 pages and almost had an anxiety attack thinking some acceptances had already gone out this morning.

gossip girl = a couple of pages

acceptances = a dozen or so pages of freaking out

:wink:

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:32 pm

puppins wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:Which Serena brother? Humphrey or the invisible gay one? Humphrey is a total Boaltie.

Humphrey has already been established as a NYU-er, and clearly Eric should be a Boaltie. I think Nate's family buys his way into Yale, though he shocking does awesome on the LSAT, and Serena gets a boost into Stanford so that she can be on every viewbook ever.

I love where this thread has gone. But what about Chuck Bass?

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 pm

maggiebre wrote:
puppins wrote:

Chuck Bass already owns a hotel and has better sense than to go to law school ITE :p

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 pm

nixxers wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
puppins wrote:

Chuck Bass already owns a hotel and has better sense than to go to law school ITE :p

haha i was thinking the same thing... he should stick with the speakeasy.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:27 pm

maggiebre wrote:
haha i was thinking the same thing... he should stick with the speakeasy.

Yeah, his hotel management skills are great. "If you two ever play grab-ass in my elevator again, Serena will be staying in an airport Marriot."

He doesn't need the JD.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Chuck Bass does not get a JD because he needs a job. Chuck Bass gets a JD to have better access to undergrads. I think he would do well at Duke, and come back to NYC with just a hint of southern charm (and a number of date-rape charges dropped after silent pay-offs).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”