U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Vegas_Rebel

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Vegas_Rebel » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

kittenmittons wrote:
georgina wrote:to all who were called/emailed yesterday, have your statuses updated to reflect "admitted?"

congrats again! :)

Yes

Current Status: Admitted: Welcome to the Class of 2013!
Current Status Date: 1/14/2010

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:37 am

kittenmittons wrote:
georgina wrote:to all who were called/emailed yesterday, have your statuses updated to reflect "admitted?"

Yes

Congrats! I missed your acceptance yesterday

Illinifan05

Postby Illinifan05 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:46 am

Hey everyone,

First of all, congrats to everyone who was accepted yesterday! Secondly, I'm sooo nervous- Ann Perry called yesterday but my phone was dead and just got her voicemail this morning. She didn't mention any specifics, but does this call mean I'm in??? I tried calling her back but there was no answer, so I thought I'd ask everyone here.

Thanks

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:51 am

Illinifan05 wrote:Hey everyone,

First of all, congrats to everyone who was accepted yesterday! Secondly, I'm sooo nervous- Ann Perry called yesterday but my phone was dead and just got her voicemail this morning. She didn't mention any specifics, but does this call mean I'm in??? I tried calling her back but there was no answer, so I thought I'd ask everyone here.

Thanks

Probably in. Leave her a voicemail...she'll call you back really fast. Or just check your status; or email. Those two should have changed by now.

Postby 02082010 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am

Vegas_Rebel wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:

Yes

+1.

tintin

Postby tintin » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:57 am

my status has changed to "admitted" too!

Eazy E

Postby Eazy E » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Congrats on all the admits! I went UR on 1/13, so I'm crossing my fingers

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 pm

It's a total reach for me, but I submitted today!

protokurios

Postby protokurios » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:16 pm

tintin wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
I'm just joking around but it does always surprise me how much people from cali and texas feel like they live in their own little country. some native manhattan people are like that and are insufferable.

well, california is a pretty huge state (same with texas) so perhaps that's why. I mean you have to make an effort to get out of california, geography-wise. I've wanted to visit new york before cuz my grandparents names are on the wall at Ellis Island, but it's such an expensive place to go! so I suppose if I visit NYU maybe I'll try to sneak in some sightseeing :D

Yeah, California's huge. I'm not sure if too many East coast people realize that a trip from San Diego to LA to San Francisco is like driving from Washington to Philly to NYC to Boston. It's like 700 miles from LA before you hit the next state up, Oregon!

macaroni

Postby macaroni » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 pm

I got a message yesterday saying that they had good news about my application status and that I'd be receiving an email shortly. This means I'm in, right? Only thing is, I never got an email, and I never got an email confirming my status as complete, either, so I can't log into the status checker. Should I call?

hesitantstyle

Postby hesitantstyle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:42 pm

In via phone call 445 CST yesterday. UR 12/8, updated to 1/12. I'm fired up!

agentdedalus

Postby agentdedalus » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:52 pm

This has been addressed to some extent, but for those who had to wait on their December LSAT scores, did you submit applications beforehand?

I sent everything in on 11/24, but because of score lag did not go complete until 12/30. Thoughts on whether I made the "first group" cut-off on 1/4, or whether I'm for all intents and purposes now lumped in with the post 1/4 "middle group"?
(I use these terms as used by LSAC on their graph examining the percentage of people who apply before 1/4 (40%, "first"), before 2/29 (40%, "middle"), and still later (20%, "last").)

Thoughts? I'm on the cusp with 173/3.53/non-trad., and suppose I need any time advantage I can get.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:24 pm

thorntll wrote:I can totally vouch for this. I grew up in Houston, and when I was a kid in PUBLIC school, we pledged our allegiance to the Texan flag, not the American! And from what I remember, the Texan flag is always a little bit higher on the flagpole than the American.

Good lord. Further proof that Texans are the most insufferably (and needlessly) proud stat-ians.

I've lived in both NYC and California. While there are certainly people in both who refer to the rest of the country as the "fly-over" states, no one is as bad as the worst Texan.

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Submitted early November; "UR 12/31". Didn't check status until this week, so not sure if there were any earlier UR dates.

Honestly, given my numbers I wasn't considering Chicago within the realm of possibility. However, they seem to really be looking at softs and essays and taking some un-expected applicants this cycle, which excites me to no end.

A.K.A. My hopes are now up. :?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Submitted early November; "UR 12/31". Didn't check status until this week, so not sure if there were any earlier UR dates.

Honestly, given my numbers I wasn't considering Chicago within the realm of possibility. However, they seem to really be looking at softs and essays and taking some un-expected applicants this cycle, which excites me to no end.

Honestly, I will say I was shocked to get accepted. So keep hope alive; or you can be like me and say to Ann Perry "Are you kidding me? Why did you guys let me in?" Yeah...I actually said that.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Submitted early November; "UR 12/31". Didn't check status until this week, so not sure if there were any earlier UR dates.

TG: Berkeley vs. Chicago. Discuss your thoughts.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm

crackberry wrote:
thorntll wrote:I can totally vouch for this. I grew up in Houston, and when I was a kid in PUBLIC school, we pledged our allegiance to the Texan flag, not the American! And from what I remember, the Texan flag is always a little bit higher on the flagpole than the American.

Good lord. Further proof that Texans are the most insufferably (and needlessly) proud stat-ians.

I've lived in both NYC and California. While there are certainly people in both who refer to the rest of the country as the "fly-over" states, no one is as bad as the worst Texan.

It is against federal law to fly any state flag higher than the U.S. flag. The Texas flag flies at the same height because it is the only state in the union to have been it's own republic and enter the union via treaty.

Also, although I vaguely recall a pledge to the Texas flag, I can say with certainty we never had to say it at the public school that I attended.

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:57 pm

sharthree wrote:

Honestly, I will say I was shocked to get accepted. So keep hope alive; or you can be like me and say to Ann Perry "Are you kidding me? Why did you guys let me in?" Yeah...I actually said that.

:D Congrats!!! I didn't look far back enough into the thread to see your admit. You are crushing this cycle.

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:00 pm

oneforship wrote:
crackberry wrote:

It is against federal law to fly any state flag higher than the U.S. flag. The Texas flag flies at the same height because it is the only state in the union to have been it's own republic and enter the union via treaty.

Also, although I vaguely recall a pledge to the Texas flag, I can say with certainty we never had to say it at the public school that I attended.

Ton of friends from Dallas who were damn proud to do the pledge to Texas all throughout public school. Kind of nauseating

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
sharthree wrote:

:D Congrats!!! I didn't look far back enough into the thread to see your admit. You are crushing this cycle.

Thanks! You aren't doing too bad yourself are you...

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:14 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Ton of friends from Dallas who were damn proud to do the pledge to Texas all throughout public school. Kind of nauseating

I couldn't recite it if you put me at gunpoint.

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:30 pm

The stars at night are big and bright

(clap, clap, clap, clap),

Deep in the heart of Texas.

Sorry, I had to. :mrgreen:

uganik

Postby uganik » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Just got Dinged-

This is intolerable, dinged from Harvard and Chicago within 5 minutes.

Both apps under review since September. :( :o :( :shock:

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:36 pm

uganik wrote:Just got Dinged-

Woah, dings going out for Chicago?

What was your UR date?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm

uganik wrote:Just got Dinged-

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Is this our first Chi RD rejection?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”