U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 am

I applied on 12/28 and I have yet to get an email from Chicago saying that they received my application...should I be concerned yet?

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 am

ndirish2010 wrote:I applied on 12/28 and I have yet to get an email from Chicago saying that they received my application...should I be concerned yet?


Nope. I'd give it another week or so, especially considering that most places still seem to be getting back into the swing of things after the holidays.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:03 am

ndirish2010 wrote:I applied on 12/28 and I have yet to get an email from Chicago saying that they received my application...should I be concerned yet?


Also, you can check your report status on LSAC; it will tell you whether your file has been sent.

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby annabell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 am

managamy wrote:
mochafury wrote:Same boat. Complete 12/8 but still not UR. I don't get it. If the stoned hipsters at NYU could get back in three weeks, why can't the bookworms from Chi get back in six?

Rhetorical.


It was just under two months from completion to UR for me.


It has been over two months since I've been complete, and I'm still not under review. It looks like everyone else who submitted around the same time as I did are now under review though. Hope there's not a problem that's delaying me from going under review.

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:02 am

Complete 11/13 and not UR yet. Lame

User avatar
mochafury
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:32 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby mochafury » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 am

Hokay, so...looks like I'll be waiting for a while, if the pre-Thanksgiving crowd is still not UR. Good to know.

What's this earlier about interviews? Are these typically for borderline candidates, or likely-ins, or what?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 am

managamy wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I applied on 12/28 and I have yet to get an email from Chicago saying that they received my application...should I be concerned yet?


Also, you can check your report status on LSAC; it will tell you whether your file has been sent.


Yes, mine was sent on January 4. Hopefully they'll email me sometime next week.

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby annabell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Anyone else at 8 weeks+ of being "complete" but not "under review." It says you can expect a decision within 8-10 weeks of being complete, but it doesn't look like anyone has read my application. Last year, everyone who submitted when I did heard by the start of February, but it doesn't look like I will.

At what point of not going under review should I call or just withdraw my application, especially if it will be an extra 6-8 weeks after that? I really like Chicago, but I'd have a hard time choosing it if I am admitted too late to plan a visit. If it matters, my numbers are above both medians.

User avatar
Fancy Pants
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Fancy Pants » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:17 pm

annabell wrote:Anyone else at 8 weeks+ of being "complete" but not "under review." It says you can expect a decision within 8-10 weeks of being complete, but it doesn't look like anyone has read my application. Last year, everyone who submitted when I did heard by the start of February, but it doesn't look like I will.

At what point of not going under review should I call or just withdraw my application, especially if it will be an extra 6-8 weeks after that? I really like Chicago, but I'd have a hard time choosing it if I am admitted too late to plan a visit. If it matters, my numbers are above both medians.


I'm about at 8 weeks. Went complete on 11/12 and am not yet UR.

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby opus127 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:32 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
managamy wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:I applied on 12/28 and I have yet to get an email from Chicago saying that they received my application...should I be concerned yet?


Also, you can check your report status on LSAC; it will tell you whether your file has been sent.


Yes, mine was sent on January 4. Hopefully they'll email me sometime next week.



If you don't hear from them in the next week or so, I recommend e-mailing and checking in. For my application there was an obvious reason (no one's fault) that I wasn't receiving their confirmation/status-checker e-mails, and it was easy to clear up.

User avatar
captainkirk
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:10 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby captainkirk » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:58 pm

finally under review today :shock: ... complete at the beginning of November

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Desperately wanting to hear back from Chicago doesn't make you more likely to get in does it?

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby amidea » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 pm

captainkirk wrote:finally under review today :shock: ... complete at the beginning of November


finally some news on the status checker... UR today as well, complete 11/06. anyone know why it takes so long? this is week 10 from being complete...

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Complete 11/13... still not UR. Lame

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby SanBun » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:21 pm

question yall:

on the continuum of softs friendly, where does Uchicago fall between NYU and Berkeley

NYU------------------------------Berkeley
.......1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10............

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GeePee » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm

SanBun wrote:question yall:

on the continuum of softs friendly, where does Uchicago fall between NYU and Berkeley

NYU------------------------------Berkeley
.......1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10............

Unless your soft is a prestigious undergrad (T20 or so), probably about 3-4 unless you're willing to ride a WL for a long time. It seems they do like to pull good softs off of the WL later on though, if you're willing to wait until April or May (or later).

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby hesitantstyle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 pm

amidea wrote:
captainkirk wrote:finally under review today :shock: ... complete at the beginning of November


finally some news on the status checker... UR today as well, complete 11/06. anyone know why it takes so long? this is week 10 from being complete...


I went complete in mid-October, UR 12/8, recently updated to 1/7. No idea if this change is significant.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby SanBun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:03 am

GeePee wrote:
SanBun wrote:question yall:

on the continuum of softs friendly, where does Uchicago fall between NYU and Berkeley

NYU------------------------------Berkeley
.......1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10............

Unless your soft is a prestigious undergrad (T20 or so), probably about 3-4 unless you're willing to ride a WL for a long time. It seems they do like to pull good softs off of the WL later on though, if you're willing to wait until April or May (or later).


actually I am a from prestigious undergrad- does that move it to a 5?

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GeePee » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:06 am

SanBun wrote:
GeePee wrote:
SanBun wrote:question yall:

on the continuum of softs friendly, where does Uchicago fall between NYU and Berkeley

NYU------------------------------Berkeley
.......1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10............

Unless your soft is a prestigious undergrad (T20 or so), probably about 3-4 unless you're willing to ride a WL for a long time. It seems they do like to pull good softs off of the WL later on though, if you're willing to wait until April or May (or later).


actually I am a from prestigious undergrad- does that move it to a 5?

It'll probably help a bit if you think you're genuinely borderline. If you're hovering in the mid-160's with a decent GPA though, it's going to be a "ride the WL and hope" scenario.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby SanBun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:09 am

GeePee wrote:
SanBun wrote:
GeePee wrote:
SanBun wrote:question yall:

on the continuum of softs friendly, where does Uchicago fall between NYU and Berkeley

NYU------------------------------Berkeley
.......1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10............

Unless your soft is a prestigious undergrad (T20 or so), probably about 3-4 unless you're willing to ride a WL for a long time. It seems they do like to pull good softs off of the WL later on though, if you're willing to wait until April or May (or later).


actually I am a from prestigious undergrad- does that move it to a 5?

It'll probably help a bit if you think you're genuinely borderline. If you're hovering in the mid-160's with a decent GPA though, it's going to be a "ride the WL and hope" scenario.


PMed you

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby clint4law » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 am

captainkirk wrote:finally under review today :shock: ... complete at the beginning of November


+1

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby amidea » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:41 am

clint4law wrote:
captainkirk wrote:finally under review today :shock: ... complete at the beginning of November


+1


anyone know when we're likely to hear if we just went UR today?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 am

Still UR 12/21. I'm taking this as a bad sign.

User avatar
grrrstick
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby grrrstick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:47 am

amidea wrote:
clint4law wrote:
captainkirk wrote:finally under review today :shock: ... complete at the beginning of November


+1


anyone know when we're likely to hear if we just went UR today?


I'm UR 12/31, complete about the same time. Curious if/when a decision is imminent.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby nixxers » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:59 am

Helmholtz wrote:Still UR 12/21. I'm taking this as a bad sign.


I'm still UR 12/16 and I'm well above median lsat and slightly above median GPA..I think they're just going in order and are taking five million years to do it. I wouldn't read too much into it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests