U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
johnstuartmill

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby johnstuartmill » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:25 pm

I hate to say it, but "Mailed after 1/1/10" could just as easily mean that they'll send it to us after we graduate. I don't doubt that we'll get it pretty soon, but they did leave it all pretty open-ended.

psychomohel

Postby psychomohel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 pm

johnstuartmill wrote:I hate to say it, but "Mailed after 1/1/10" could just as easily mean that they'll send it to us after we graduate. I don't doubt that we'll get it pretty soon, but they did leave it all pretty open-ended.

Well the admitted students site should be up this week. I was guessing that the two were correlated somehow. But yes, its a wild guess.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:28 am

Just as I was trying to come up with some witty title for a never gonna be reviewed thread, my app goes under review...hours of brainstorming and flowcharting wasted! But finally under review! Complete 11/6. Now just 6-8 more weeks to wait according to their website...all for a WL-->reject!

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:13 pm

homestyle28 wrote:Just as I was trying to come up with some witty title for a never gonna be reviewed thread, my app goes under review...hours of brainstorming and flowcharting wasted! But finally under review! Complete 11/6. Now just 6-8 more weeks to wait according to their website...all for a WL-->reject!

Same here.

Is it really going to be another 6-8 weeks? :|

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sun May 10, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MeasuredOptimism

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:28 pm

My status checker updated from UR 12/8 to UR 1/7.

I hope this means they are making calls tomorrow!

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 pm

MeasuredOptimism wrote:My status checker updated from UR 12/8 to UR 1/7.

+1 According to their Twitter, they're snowed in and planning on making more calls in the next week. Almost 4000 apps so far this cycle.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 pm

thalassocrat wrote:

+1 According to their Twitter, they're snowed in and planning on making more calls in the next week. Almost 4000 apps so far this cycle.

I call BS. I just watched the weather channel and Chicago is fine to drive in, albeit they should drive slow. They need to get out and get to work...

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Kakarot wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:

I call BS. I just watched the weather channel and Chicago is fine to drive in, albeit they should drive slow. They need to get out and get to work...

Silly, they said they are working. Full text:

UChicagoLawAdmission wrote:Snowed in and reading files. We expect to make more phone calls within the next week.

I assumed they were snowed in at the office and decided they might as well let some of us poor applicants in. Eventually.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:04 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:

Silly, they said they are working. Full text:

UChicagoLawAdmission wrote:Snowed in and reading files. We expect to make more phone calls within the next week.

I assumed they were snowed in at the office and decided they might as well let some of us poor applicants in. Eventually.

oh ok.. that is perfect then. :)

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Kakarot wrote:

Except that, if they're snowed in at the office, they may not be in a particularly pleasant mood when reading applications. :|

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:11 pm

managamy wrote:
Kakarot wrote:

Except that, if they're snowed in at the office, they may not be in a particularly pleasant mood when reading applications. :|

Maybe they have plenty of warm drinks of their choosing, comfortable blankets (or Snuggies if they prefer the cultish look), and an odd idea of what fun is?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
managamy wrote:
Kakarot wrote:

Maybe they have plenty of warm drinks of their choosing, comfortable blankets (or Snuggies if they prefer the cultish look), and an odd idea of what fun is?

Watch the Snuggie judgment...I am often cold yet wish to freely use my arms. The Snuggie solves that problem without fail.

I hope that adcomms are sitting around with a nice Sambuca and coffee; taking the edge off and keeping warm while accepting some folks.

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Kretzy wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
managamy wrote:
Kakarot wrote:

Watch the Snuggie judgment...I am often cold yet wish to freely use my arms. The Snuggie solves that problem without fail.

I hope that adcomms are sitting around with a nice Sambuca and coffee; taking the edge off and keeping warm while accepting some folks.

They still look cultish. Anyway, that's what sweaters are for.

I'm just sad because I ordered a free one and it never came. :cry:

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Kretzy wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
managamy wrote:
Kakarot wrote:

Bold: Put on a robe backwards and you have a snuggie without cult factor.... And yes they are creepy especially the dog ones.

Underline: Sambuca and coffee sounds nasty... Never had it... Sambuca, light on fire, drink. Repeat until you can't follow the steps.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Kakarot wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:Maybe they have plenty of warm drinks of their choosing, comfortable blankets (or Snuggies if they prefer the cultish look), and an odd idea of what fun is?

Bold: Put on a robe backwards and you have a snuggie without cult factor.... And yes they are creepy especially the dog ones.

Underline: Sambuca and coffee sounds nasty... Never had it... Sambuca, light on fire, drink. Repeat until you can't follow the steps.

The Snuggie is longer than a robe and lighter fabric, perfect for Fall (yes, I'm being serious, I'm often chilly and love my blue Snuggie. That may be the single gayest thing I've said on TLS, which is a tough hill to climb.)

Sambuca and coffee is delightful, if you like black licorice. I'm a 75 year old woman in spirit, so black licorice is terrific. Add it to coffee and you have something good.

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:03 am

STILL under review 11/25 :x

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:07 am

Lermontov wrote:

+1

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:10 am

crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:

+1

At least I'm in quality company I suppose... :wink:

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:11 am

not even UR yet :| :cry: probably not going to hear this batch

mochafury

Postby mochafury » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:49 am

Same boat. Complete 12/8 but still not UR. I don't get it. If the stoned hipsters at NYU could get back in three weeks, why can't the bookworms from Chi get back in six?

Rhetorical.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:53 am

mochafury wrote:Same boat. Complete 12/8 but still not UR. I don't get it. If the stoned hipsters at NYU could get back in three weeks, why can't the bookworms from Chi get back in six?

Rhetorical.

It was just under two months from completion to UR for me.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 am

managamy wrote:
mochafury wrote:Same boat. Complete 12/8 but still not UR. I don't get it. If the stoned hipsters at NYU could get back in three weeks, why can't the bookworms from Chi get back in six?

Rhetorical.

that is terrible news.

mochafury

Postby mochafury » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:01 am

^ zOMG TITMFCR.

I can haz cheezburger?

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:06 am

IAFG wrote:
managamy wrote:

Rhetorical.

that is terrible news.

Seems like that was about normal for the early RD batches. Now this is complete speculation, but it might pick up now that they're finished with ED decisions and can focus on us RD applicants.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”