U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NaiveHope
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby NaiveHope » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:09 am

If this helps anyone...I went complete 11/02 and got my rejection letter 12/28 via e-mail. I was ED

Richard Rorty
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Richard Rorty » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:41 am

Finally complete today! Submitted Dec 8th. Chicago has been my dream school since senior year of high school.

User avatar
onwisconsin25
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby onwisconsin25 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm in, Went complete in September and had no status updates since. Got a phone call on the 29th.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:34 pm

Anybody go UR today?

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby summerschooled » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:11 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:Anybody go UR today?

I did. I was complete 11/3 and am hoping they wait to see my fall grades -- any ideas when LSAC will process/send out updated transcripts? I submitted mine a couple days before Christmas.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:11 pm

summerschooled wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:Anybody go UR today?

I did. I was complete 11/3 and am hoping they wait to see my fall grades -- any ideas when LSAC will process/send out updated transcripts? I submitted mine a couple days before Christmas.


Also complete 11/3, also UR today. It's been a long wait, so I'm glad to see the status change. :)

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Yay! I, too, was Complete 11/3.. and now I'm UR as of today!

Chicago is in my top 2 so this is especially nerve-racking.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:43 pm

Probably we'll have a decision within two weeks; it would be 10 weeks after completion, which is the outer limit of their estimate for the time between completion and decision.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:58 pm

managamy wrote:Probably we'll have a decision within two weeks; it would be 10 weeks after completion, which is the outer limit of their estimate for the time between completion and decision.


I'm at week 11...

Stupid holidays. :(

Just kidding. Mostly.

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Split5 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:51 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
managamy wrote:Probably we'll have a decision within two weeks; it would be 10 weeks after completion, which is the outer limit of their estimate for the time between completion and decision.


I'm at week 11...

Stupid holidays. :(

Just kidding. Mostly.


Week 10 and 1 day here.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby SanBun » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:00 pm

went UR since 12/29, complete 10/29. Certain I'll be rejected, really don't care that much. realized my value as a person is in no way determined by law school decisions, and that law school might be hell.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby SanBun » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:21 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
SanBun wrote:went UR since 12/29, complete 10/29. Certain I'll be rejected, really don't care that much. realized my value as a person is in no way determined by law school decisions, and that law school might be hell.

Can I have some of that perspective? Please?


sending you a big portion of my attitude via cyber space

tilghmab
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby tilghmab » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:41 pm

RD, Complete 10/23, UR 12/21.

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby annabell » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:40 am

Since the time from complete to under review is so much longer at Chicago (submitted over 2 months ago and still at "complete") than at other schools, is the time spent "under review" shorter? That is, how long after going under review in January (that is if I actually go under review this month) can we reasonably expect a decision if we're above both medians?

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby scribelaw » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Did anyone write a Why Chicago essay?

I submitted without one, because app didn't ask for any supplemental essays. Wondering if I should send in something after the fact, though.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 pm

scribelaw wrote:Did anyone write a Why Chicago essay?

I submitted without one, because app didn't ask for any supplemental essays. Wondering if I should send in something after the fact, though.


No, I did not, I have heard from multiple sources that Chicago really hates unrequested/superfluous material.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:58 pm

boo, don't forget to PM me after your interview today. Good luck!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby tamlyric » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Go Boo! :mrgreen:

User avatar
ontologyfail
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ontologyfail » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Good luck Boo!

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Shaggier1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Crush it BOO!!!

When you leave, I went them thinking "why the hell was this kid waitlisted?!" Cause honestly, that's what we've all been thinking.

User avatar
Miltiades
Posts: 2190
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Miltiades » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:Interview was not my best work. Didn't go great, didn't go awfully. Probably did not do much to make them regret the waitlist. Now, we place hope in hopeful. Do well you suave-ass mofo.


I read one time that interviewees always underrate their performance.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:40 am

boo_pragmatism wrote:Interview was not my best work. Didn't go great, didn't go awfully. Probably did not do much to make them regret the waitlist. Now, we place hope in hopeful. Do well you suave-ass mofo.

I sincerely hate when people say "I'm sure you did fine.." to me, but it might be applicable to you. When people say they did so-so on an interview, it usually means they did pretty well.

Either way, good luck to you my friend.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:51 am

boo_pragmatism wrote:Interview was not my best work. Didn't go great, didn't go awfully. Probably did not do much to make them regret the waitlist. Now, we place hope in hopeful. Do well you suave-ass mofo.


Thanks man. I'll update when I get back in town after the interview.

jerjon2
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby jerjon2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Has anyone gotten an actual acceptance package? Or does anyone know when those are supposed to be sent out? (I ED'd but I'm far too paranoid to start withdrawing from schools without a physical acceptance package)

psychomohel
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby psychomohel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:54 pm

jerjon2 wrote:Has anyone gotten an actual acceptance package? Or does anyone know when those are supposed to be sent out? (I ED'd but I'm far too paranoid to start withdrawing from schools without a physical acceptance package)


My status checker says mine was sent out after 1/1/10. I guess that means they are going to send it out this week, or have sent it already. Haven't actually gotten it yet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bob loblaw law blog, Cfitz, Daaltaraan, Google Adsense [Bot] and 21 guests