U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thorntll
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
thorntll wrote:Can I just say... I have NO idea how the hell I got in. Literally, on TLS, the only people with my scores who got in are URMs. Maybe they think I'm Latina? I'll take it!


Just looking at your LSN, you're well above median GPA (and graduated in top 5% of your class so it's not just inflated), and you have impressive softs-- including eleven published articles. The only place their median takes a hit with you is LSAT, and I'd say your softs more than make up for that.

Don't underestimate yourself, and congrats on getting into a great school!


Awww... Thanks Avacado! :D

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:37 pm

I got in today!!

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kretzy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:38 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I got in today!!


CONGRATS 0L!!!!!

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Amelie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I got in today!!


Congrats!!

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I got in today!!


Terrific news, man.

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ankit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am

It seems to me that all those who had their UR dates update to 12/14 seem to have gotten in today. Is there anyone who had that update and hasnt received an acceptance as yet? I have a feeling that I may be the only one, which really sucks!

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:46 am

Thanks everyone!! She did say that they finished their admissions committee for the New Year so people shouldn't expect to get any more news until after January 1

R. Hood
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby R. Hood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:01 am

R. Hood wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's always nice when the OP of a school's thread gets accepted. :D

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby poprox » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am

ankit wrote:It seems to me that all those who had their UR dates update to 12/14 seem to have gotten in today. Is there anyone who had that update and hasnt received an acceptance as yet? I have a feeling that I may be the only one, which really sucks!


me

User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby moonshine » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:02 pm

poprox wrote:
ankit wrote:It seems to me that all those who had their UR dates update to 12/14 seem to have gotten in today. Is there anyone who had that update and hasnt received an acceptance as yet? I have a feeling that I may be the only one, which really sucks!


me


i was complete 10/13 and updated twice... 12/8 and 12/21. i didnt get a call yesterday/i have no idea what this means.

hiro86
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby hiro86 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 pm

I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Lermontov » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:29 pm

hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.


I wasn't worried yet, but thanks for looking all those dates up. Did that research turn up any reasonable extrapolations for when the October batch might start hearing?

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey I'm under review as of yesterday. Neat-o. Applied RD in October.

hiro86
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby hiro86 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Lermontov wrote:
hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.


I wasn't worried yet, but thanks for looking all those dates up. Did that research turn up any reasonable extrapolations for when the October batch might start hearing?

Last year the first batch for RD was Dec. 23 and the second batch was Jan. 8 Also, if you go to LSN and sort by decision date it makes it very easy to spot these trends.

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby poprox » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:18 pm

hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.


This is an important note. I did not submit my application until early October. Good Luck to all still waiting...

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:25 pm

poprox wrote:
hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.


This is an important note. I did not submit my application until early October. Good Luck to all still waiting...


+1

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:49 pm

hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

Interesting. I suppose it doesn't really matter because I'm almost positive I wouldn't attend even if I were admitted, but I'm a little surprised Chicago seems to have passed me over (I don't mean to sound entitled, please don't read this that way).

When do rejections/WLs start rolling out?

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 pm

crackberry wrote:
hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

Interesting. I suppose it doesn't really matter because I'm almost positive I wouldn't attend even if I were admitted, but I'm a little surprised Chicago seems to have passed me over (I don't mean to sound entitled, please don't read this that way).

When do rejections/WLs start rolling out?


Maybe they could detect your affinity for t-shirts and warm weather and decided you weren't a "fit"? Was your PS about surfing and California girls?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:58 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
crackberry wrote:
hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

Interesting. I suppose it doesn't really matter because I'm almost positive I wouldn't attend even if I were admitted, but I'm a little surprised Chicago seems to have passed me over (I don't mean to sound entitled, please don't read this that way).

When do rejections/WLs start rolling out?


Maybe they could detect your affinity for t-shirts and warm weather and decided you weren't a "fit"? Was your PS about surfing and California girls?

Haha something like that.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby dakatz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:01 pm

My status date updated from 11/2 to 12/29, though still says "Application Under Review". Guessing that means nothing? I'm an RD applicant who submitted in late October btw.

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ankit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 pm

crackberry wrote:
hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

Interesting. I suppose it doesn't really matter because I'm almost positive I wouldn't attend even if I were admitted, but I'm a little surprised Chicago seems to have passed me over (I don't mean to sound entitled, please don't read this that way).

When do rejections/WLs start rolling out?


Yeah my analysis of last year's LSN stats also indicates that we would have been in the first round of RD acceptances if we had a shot. Else its a near-certain WL/Reject (I also submitted around mid-Sep)

I too was surprised at being passed over, cos I have an LSAT above their 75th percentile, though being an intl applicant at Chicago doesnt help (they admit only 2-4 every year).

Anyway with regards to your question, they do everything on a rolling basis. So there will be a batch of acceptances for those who went complete in October around Jan 10th, and then a batch of WL/Rejects for us September completes around Jan 15th. Hope this helps....and good luck either way!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm

ankit wrote:Yeah my analysis of last year's LSN stats also indicates that we would have been in the first round of RD acceptances if we had a shot. Else its a near-certain WL/Reject (I also submitted around mid-Sep)

I too was surprised at being passed over, cos I have an LSAT above their 75th percentile, though being an intl applicant at Chicago doesnt help (they admit only 2-4 every year).

Anyway with regards to your question, they do everything on a rolling basis. So there will be a batch of acceptances for those who went complete in October around Jan 10th, and then a batch of WL/Rejects for us September completes around Jan 15th. Hope this helps....and good luck either way!

I'm thinking about withdrawing tomorrow to preempt the WL/Reject. "You can't fire me, Chicago. I quit."

Is everyone else who went complete on 10/1 or earlier still at UR 11/25? I know some people are at UR 12/XX but I think those are all October or November completes. Did some Sept. applicants update from UR 11/25 --> UR 12/XX without hearing yesterday?

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ankit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
ankit wrote:Yeah my analysis of last year's LSN stats also indicates that we would have been in the first round of RD acceptances if we had a shot. Else its a near-certain WL/Reject (I also submitted around mid-Sep)

I too was surprised at being passed over, cos I have an LSAT above their 75th percentile, though being an intl applicant at Chicago doesnt help (they admit only 2-4 every year).

Anyway with regards to your question, they do everything on a rolling basis. So there will be a batch of acceptances for those who went complete in October around Jan 10th, and then a batch of WL/Rejects for us September completes around Jan 15th. Hope this helps....and good luck either way!

I'm thinking about withdrawing tomorrow to preempt the WL/Reject. "You can't fire me, Chicago. I quit."

Is everyone else who went complete on 10/1 or earlier still at UR 11/25? I know some people are at UR 12/XX but I think those are all October or November completes. Did some Sept. applicants update from UR 11/25 --> UR 12/XX without hearing yesterday?


I posted about this earlier - I did. I went UR 11/25, which updated to UR 12/14, but no dice on 12/29 like the other admits. I believe there were a couple of others who are in the same boat as well, though it definitely is a very small minority.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 pm

ankit wrote:I posted about this earlier - I did. I went UR 11/25, which updated to UR 12/14, but no dice on 12/29 like the other admits. I believe there were a couple of others who are in the same boat as well, though it definitely is a very small minority.

Hmm weird. I updated on 11/25 but have stayed there since. Whatever, at this point I'm sort of curious, so if my fate will be decided in the next two weeks I'll just ride it out.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”