U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thorntll

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
thorntll wrote:Can I just say... I have NO idea how the hell I got in. Literally, on TLS, the only people with my scores who got in are URMs. Maybe they think I'm Latina? I'll take it!

Just looking at your LSN, you're well above median GPA (and graduated in top 5% of your class so it's not just inflated), and you have impressive softs-- including eleven published articles. The only place their median takes a hit with you is LSAT, and I'd say your softs more than make up for that.

Don't underestimate yourself, and congrats on getting into a great school!

Awww... Thanks Avacado! :D

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:37 pm

I got in today!!

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:38 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I got in today!!

CONGRATS 0L!!!!!

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Congrats!!

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 am

Terrific news, man.

ankit

Postby ankit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am

It seems to me that all those who had their UR dates update to 12/14 seem to have gotten in today. Is there anyone who had that update and hasnt received an acceptance as yet? I have a feeling that I may be the only one, which really sucks!

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:46 am

Thanks everyone!! She did say that they finished their admissions committee for the New Year so people shouldn't expect to get any more news until after January 1

R. Hood

Postby R. Hood » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:01 am

R. Hood wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's always nice when the OP of a school's thread gets accepted. :D

poprox

Postby poprox » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 am

ankit wrote:It seems to me that all those who had their UR dates update to 12/14 seem to have gotten in today. Is there anyone who had that update and hasnt received an acceptance as yet? I have a feeling that I may be the only one, which really sucks!

me

moonshine

Postby moonshine » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:02 pm

poprox wrote:
ankit wrote:It seems to me that all those who had their UR dates update to 12/14 seem to have gotten in today. Is there anyone who had that update and hasnt received an acceptance as yet? I have a feeling that I may be the only one, which really sucks!

me

i was complete 10/13 and updated twice... 12/8 and 12/21. i didnt get a call yesterday/i have no idea what this means.

hiro86

Postby hiro86 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 pm

I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:29 pm

hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

I wasn't worried yet, but thanks for looking all those dates up. Did that research turn up any reasonable extrapolations for when the October batch might start hearing?

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey I'm under review as of yesterday. Neat-o. Applied RD in October.

hiro86

Postby hiro86 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:10 pm

Lermontov wrote:
hiro86 wrote:I will post this one more time... everyone who was accepted at Chicago yesterday on LSN had submitted their app in September. If you did not submit your app in September you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Last year the first wave of acceptances were all Sep. apps as well. The second wave of acceptances last year appear to be almost entirely October apps.

I wasn't worried yet, but thanks for looking all those dates up. Did that research turn up any reasonable extrapolations for when the October batch might start hearing?

Last year the first batch for RD was Dec. 23 and the second batch was Jan. 8 Also, if you go to LSN and sort by decision date it makes it very easy to spot these trends.

poprox

Postby poprox » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:18 pm

This is an important note. I did not submit my application until early October. Good Luck to all still waiting...

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:25 pm

poprox wrote:

This is an important note. I did not submit my application until early October. Good Luck to all still waiting...

+1

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Interesting. I suppose it doesn't really matter because I'm almost positive I wouldn't attend even if I were admitted, but I'm a little surprised Chicago seems to have passed me over (I don't mean to sound entitled, please don't read this that way).

When do rejections/WLs start rolling out?

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 pm

crackberry wrote:

Interesting. I suppose it doesn't really matter because I'm almost positive I wouldn't attend even if I were admitted, but I'm a little surprised Chicago seems to have passed me over (I don't mean to sound entitled, please don't read this that way).

Maybe they could detect your affinity for t-shirts and warm weather and decided you weren't a "fit"? Was your PS about surfing and California girls?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:58 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Maybe they could detect your affinity for t-shirts and warm weather and decided you weren't a "fit"? Was your PS about surfing and California girls?

Haha something like that.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:01 pm

My status date updated from 11/2 to 12/29, though still says "Application Under Review". Guessing that means nothing? I'm an RD applicant who submitted in late October btw.

ankit

Postby ankit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 pm

crackberry wrote:

Yeah my analysis of last year's LSN stats also indicates that we would have been in the first round of RD acceptances if we had a shot. Else its a near-certain WL/Reject (I also submitted around mid-Sep)

I too was surprised at being passed over, cos I have an LSAT above their 75th percentile, though being an intl applicant at Chicago doesnt help (they admit only 2-4 every year).

Anyway with regards to your question, they do everything on a rolling basis. So there will be a batch of acceptances for those who went complete in October around Jan 10th, and then a batch of WL/Rejects for us September completes around Jan 15th. Hope this helps....and good luck either way!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm

ankit wrote:Yeah my analysis of last year's LSN stats also indicates that we would have been in the first round of RD acceptances if we had a shot. Else its a near-certain WL/Reject (I also submitted around mid-Sep)

I too was surprised at being passed over, cos I have an LSAT above their 75th percentile, though being an intl applicant at Chicago doesnt help (they admit only 2-4 every year).

Anyway with regards to your question, they do everything on a rolling basis. So there will be a batch of acceptances for those who went complete in October around Jan 10th, and then a batch of WL/Rejects for us September completes around Jan 15th. Hope this helps....and good luck either way!

I'm thinking about withdrawing tomorrow to preempt the WL/Reject. "You can't fire me, Chicago. I quit."

Is everyone else who went complete on 10/1 or earlier still at UR 11/25? I know some people are at UR 12/XX but I think those are all October or November completes. Did some Sept. applicants update from UR 11/25 --> UR 12/XX without hearing yesterday?

ankit

Postby ankit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
ankit wrote:Yeah my analysis of last year's LSN stats also indicates that we would have been in the first round of RD acceptances if we had a shot. Else its a near-certain WL/Reject (I also submitted around mid-Sep)

I'm thinking about withdrawing tomorrow to preempt the WL/Reject. "You can't fire me, Chicago. I quit."

Is everyone else who went complete on 10/1 or earlier still at UR 11/25? I know some people are at UR 12/XX but I think those are all October or November completes. Did some Sept. applicants update from UR 11/25 --> UR 12/XX without hearing yesterday?

I posted about this earlier - I did. I went UR 11/25, which updated to UR 12/14, but no dice on 12/29 like the other admits. I believe there were a couple of others who are in the same boat as well, though it definitely is a very small minority.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 pm

ankit wrote:I posted about this earlier - I did. I went UR 11/25, which updated to UR 12/14, but no dice on 12/29 like the other admits. I believe there were a couple of others who are in the same boat as well, though it definitely is a very small minority.

Hmm weird. I updated on 11/25 but have stayed there since. Whatever, at this point I'm sort of curious, so if my fate will be decided in the next two weeks I'll just ride it out.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”