U Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
trojanfan06

New

Re: U Chicago 2010

Post by trojanfan06 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:39 am

UR 11/25 with no updated date...bad news??

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:47 am

catwoman wrote:also under review 12/16. submitted mid-October.
+1 :shock:

Split5

Bronze

Post by Split5 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:02 am

UR 12/17, submitted mid-October.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 pm

UR 12/16, mid-October as well.

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:20 pm

trojanfan06 wrote:UR 11/25 with no updated date...bad news??
I'm in same boat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:29 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
aluminummonster wrote:If it meant decisions tomorrow, why wouldn't we all have moved to decision pending?
it changes to decision pending the day calls go out. sometimes calls stretch over 2 or 3 days.
in speaking with the admissions office a short while ago, I was told that this year the online status checkers will in fact display our decision status (Admit, Deny, etc.) along with the normal Decision Rendered display.

now that I think about it, I'm not sure how this affects what you said, with regards to when phone calls will be made, or whether a "decision pending" notice will appear, but i thought it was information people might want to know.

apparently there will be no snail mail/letters sent, except to admitted students.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:32 pm

DOOM wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
aluminummonster wrote:If it meant decisions tomorrow, why wouldn't we all have moved to decision pending?
it changes to decision pending the day calls go out. sometimes calls stretch over 2 or 3 days.
in speaking with the admissions office a short while ago, I was told that this year the online status checkers will in fact display our decision status (Admit, Deny, etc.) along with the normal Decision Rendered display.

now that I think about it, I'm not sure how this affects what you said, with regards to when phone calls will be made, or whether a "decision pending" notice will appear, but i thought it was information people might want to know.

apparently there will be no snail mail/letters sent, except to admitted students.
Great info, thanks....now I'll be obsessively checking Chicago's status checker whereas previously we had a "politely ignore each other" relationship. Great. :wink:

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Philaw wrote:
DOOM wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

Great info, thanks....now I'll be obsessively checking Chicago's status checker whereas previously we had a "politely ignore each other" relationship. Great. :wink:
haha, maybe it isn't information people want to know. but then again, we are all on TLS looking for these meaningless bites of info anyways, right?

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:37 pm

DOOM wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Last cycle, everyone would change to "decision pending" and after the calls stopped those who weren't admitted changed to "decision mailed" and then they got their snail mail hold/WL/reject. The same could be true for this cycle, except it will go from "decision pending" -> "Denied."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:44 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
DOOM wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Last cycle, everyone would change to "decision pending" and after the calls stopped those who weren't admitted changed to "decision mailed" and then they got their snail mail hold/WL/reject. The same could be true for this cycle, except it will go from "decision pending" -> "Denied."
Yep, and emails will also be sent out to everyone (atleast ED applicants). I'm thinking of just leaving the country next week. go to some uninhabited island and come back after x-mas and find out about my decision. I'm going to get a heart attack everytime I get an email or phone call starting monday, or today??? nah, monday.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:46 pm

DOOM wrote:I'm thinking of just leaving the country next week. go to some uninhabited island and come back after x-mas and find out about my decision.
This is my plan. Leaving for Budapest and then Paris in 3 days.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:50 pm

DOOM wrote:Yep, and emails will also be sent out to everyone (atleast ED applicants). I'm thinking of just leaving the country next week. go to some uninhabited island and come back after x-mas and find out about my decision. I'm going to get a heart attack everytime I get an email or phone call starting monday, or today??? nah, monday.
Email acceptances?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:I know an applicant who ED'ed to Chicago this cycle that is 171 4.0. Definitely would have been in RD, but was certain about wanting to stay in Chicago and wanted to be done w/ the whole process asap.
Yeah, when I visited Chicago over Thanksgiving, Dean Perry made mention that this year it would be an especially intellegent decision to ED.

She also said that they don't set quotas on the numbers that come from their ED app pool. I guess this means they'd fill their whole class with Eds if they had that many qualified EDs.
I thought really hard about ED'ing Chicago. Hopefully my gut was right in choosing not to...

I don't think it was though (in that I don't think I'll get in, not that I regret not ED'ing)
You must withdraw now and go to Stanford. Be gone! Oh, and congratulations man.
Thanks Boo (gosh, doesn't that make it sound like we're dating?). I have lots of WD to do today, but not UC. I'm pulling for you ED!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aluminummonster

New

Post by aluminummonster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:40 pm

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... /decisions

This is new:

"In an effort to make our decision notification procedures consistent with our paperless admissions process, we will begin issuing decisions electronically this admissions cycle. We believe that this approach will allow for the most efficient communication with our applicants (in an environmentally conscious manner). Admitted applicants will receive a telephone call and an email followed by an official paper letter and information through regular mail. Waitlisted and denied applicants will be notified of those decisions by email only. In addition, each applicant's status and a record of the communications sent to them will be updated on the online status checker after a decision has been issued. The Admissions Office sends all emails to the email address provided on your application."

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:52 pm

aluminummonster wrote:http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... /decisions

This is new:

"In an effort to make our decision notification procedures consistent with our paperless admissions process, we will begin issuing decisions electronically this admissions cycle. We believe that this approach will allow for the most efficient communication with our applicants (in an environmentally conscious manner). Admitted applicants will receive a telephone call and an email followed by an official paper letter and information through regular mail. Waitlisted and denied applicants will be notified of those decisions by email only. In addition, each applicant's status and a record of the communications sent to them will be updated on the online status checker after a decision has been issued. The Admissions Office sends all emails to the email address provided on your application."
I've lost all hope of being productive until Christmas.

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:09 pm

ilovelawapps wrote:
managamy wrote:
ilovelawapps wrote:How long did it take for you guys to get status checkers? I sent my app in 10/16 and haven't got anything. I don't think I even got an application received email.
Call, but it's probably OK. My app has sat there for 6 weeks at "complete," so you might be in the same position anyway.
Thanks I hope you're right. Not that I have a chance in hell anyway, but this probably puts me at a disadvantage right?
Don't worry about this at all. I was in a similar boat and never received any emails. Called the office and, though it seemed like they had the correct email address, I wasn't receiving anything and nothing was in my spam folders. I had them use a new email address and I've been getting correspondence ever since. If anything, you can call and get the status of your application over the phone.

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:13 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
DOOM wrote:Yep, and emails will also be sent out to everyone (atleast ED applicants). I'm thinking of just leaving the country next week. go to some uninhabited island and come back after x-mas and find out about my decision. I'm going to get a heart attack everytime I get an email or phone call starting monday, or today??? nah, monday.
Email acceptances?
Sounds like it. Phone calls too (office said, calls will be made a courtesy to most, but not necessarily all acceptances), but you can expect email notifications for all ED applicants, regardless of your decision status. I'm guessing they will do the same thing for RD as well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DOOM

Bronze

Post by DOOM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:07 pm

does anyone know of any applicants (ED or RD) that have been asked to interview?

aluminummonster

New

Post by aluminummonster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:07 pm

I would love to believe we'll hear something Friday. But I suppose it makes more sense to spread out the calls and start on Monday.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:26 pm

DOOM wrote:does anyone know of any applicants (ED or RD) that have been asked to interview?
Traditionally, they only interview ED applicants they have questions about and want to get to know more. I thought I would be a prime candidate for an interview but I wasn't asked to go to Hyde Park. Ah well, only a few more days.

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:59 am

I'm an ED applicant. My status changed from under review 12/4 to under review 12/16. Same thing happened the day before I got my acceptance from Duke. While this probably means almost nothing, I think its interesting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

echoi

Bronze

Post by echoi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:56 am

Going to sleep. Crossing my fingers that I'll wake up to some activity tomorrow.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:23 am

Let's make a collective agreement that unless someone has direly important information to share, the next person to bump this thread can only do so if their status has changed to "decision pending" or they have been informed of their decision.

kthxbai!

psychomohel

Bronze

Post by psychomohel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:24 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:Let's make a collective agreement that unless someone has direly important information to share, the next person to bump this thread can only do so if their status has changed to "decision pending" or they have been informed of their decision.

kthxbai!
i agree

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 am

psychomohel wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Let's make a collective agreement that unless someone has direly important information to share, the next person to bump this thread can only do so if their status has changed to "decision pending" or they have been informed of their decision.

kthxbai!
i agree
Ya srsly

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”