U Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Reedie

Bronze

Re: U Chicago 2010

Post by Reedie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:41 pm

talibkweli wrote: edit: have you guys read the admissionsdean.com interview of yale's dean? she openly admits to trolling this place
For all you know, I'm the yale admissions dean.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:43 pm

talibkweli wrote:
Reedie wrote:
VoidSix wrote: Agreed. That kind of freaks me out since I was a respectable member of this board until like two weeks ago, but in the last two weeks I've gone from classy to tasteless.
I think a law school scanning message boards to spy on applicants is far worse behavior than anything you could say here.
i'm actually indifferent to the practice. while it wouldnt be good form to be sure, i would want to know if a kid i'm considering admitting is routinely posting really bad stuff online

edit: have you guys read the admissionsdean.com interview of yale's dean? she openly admits to trolling this place
Yeah, but Asha has the time to do that. She's at Yale. 90% of applicants are auto-rejects and she only personally admits 1/3rd of the class (60 kids?). I'm hoping (and have heard) that most admissions deans don't have that amount of time.

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 am

Got my packet in the mail today! Yay!

big6

New

Post by big6 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:38 am

I'm still at application received 12/31. Is that standard? I've gone complete everywhere else.

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:41 am

big6 wrote:I'm still at application received 12/31. Is that standard? I've gone complete everywhere else.
don't worry - many of us are in the same boat (e.g. me). they're just getting through their october batches... which means we'll be waiting for a while. yay.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

acecrusher06

Bronze

Post by acecrusher06 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:00 pm

congrats! did you get a call before your package came?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.
woot! not that i think i'll be getting anything, but hey, a girl can hope.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:13 pm

just updated from 12/31 to 1/25.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:15 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Dont know if this has already been discussed or not but I just spoke with the admissions office regarding scholarships and they are working on them this week and next week and then they will release them after the committee is finished. They will come electronically so we dont have to wait for mail.
Nice.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:16 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
its really hard to get my brain to register 'girl' when I see a picture of a man. Anyways, in previous years it seems chicago sent out $ info in march. Is it possible people admitted this week would get scholarship offers within a few weeks of admission?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:18 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
its really hard to get my brain to register 'girl' when I see a picture of a man. Anyways, in previous years it seems chicago sent out $ info in march. Is it possible people admitted this week would get scholarship offers within a few weeks of admission?
I am not sure if they are including people who were recently admitted this week. I told her I was from the December batch of people who got in before the New Year and she said "the committee is working on those applications this week and next and will have the decisions sent be email when completed"

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:20 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
I am not sure if they are including people who were recently admitted this week. I told her I was from the December batch of people who got in before the New Year and she said "the committee is working on those applications this week and next and will have the decisions sent be email when completed"
hmmm hopefully this means those of us who heard in january will get something before march.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:21 pm

All I ask for, Chicago, is a clean 70K or so ;)

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:22 pm

i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 pm

gahthelaw wrote:i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.
They might consider it, but I would think Columbia, NYU offers would go much further

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i wonder if they would entertain a competing offer from michigan. even though they're not quite peer schools, they're the best two in the midwest insofar as i understand.
They might consider it, but I would think Columbia, NYU offers would go much further
ahh, now if only i had something to wave at them from C or N.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
From what I hear CCN schools basically only care about other CCN offers, HYS admits, or full scholarships at T10s.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:34 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
From what I hear CCN schools basically only care about other CCN offers, HYS admits, or full scholarships at T10s.
Do you think Chicago would play ball with a Stanford admission? I feel like they view themselves as equal to SLS, but it'd be nice. Maybe that, coupled with money from another school, could help. I dunno.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Kretzy wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Do you think Chicago would play ball with a Stanford admission? I feel like they view themselves as equal to SLS, but it'd be nice. Maybe that, coupled with money from another school, could help. I dunno.
They believe their peers to be HYSCN per Dean Schill and Dean Perry's comments. I'm sure they'd play ball though.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 pm

VoidSix wrote:All I ask for, Chicago, is a clean 70K or so ;)
Did you not withdraw this week? Was that Michigan? Did you even apply there? I'll stop asking questions now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 pm

UR 1/15-1/25... Does anyone have a guess at what this means?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:53 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:UR 1/15-1/25... Does anyone have a guess at what this means?
It either means that soon you're going to be accepted or rejected, the waitlists have started and you're about to get yours, or absolutely nothing.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
It either means that soon you're going to accepted or rejected, the waitlists have started and you're about to get yours, or absolutely nothing.
You're always so helpful, Helm.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 pm

crackberry wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
It either means that soon you're going to accepted or rejected, the waitlists have started and you're about to get yours, or absolutely nothing.
You're always so helpful, Helm.
Hah. I typed out that he'll probably be accepted or rejected soon. Then I thought the waitlists might be starting. Then I thought that it could just be nothing.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”