U Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
puppleberry finn

Silver

Re: U Chicago 2010

Post by puppleberry finn » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:30 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
puppins wrote:
boo_pragmatism wrote: I'm trying to stay positive. I'm trying to not be a douche. I'm failing on both fronts.
I am still rooting for you boo.
It means more than you know.
<3

you know I am always around if the pessimism stops being a joke and starts being for real.

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Last edited by TaipeiMort on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:59 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote: The reason I am so pessimistic is simple. Looking at the other ED kids, they all have at least one score, be it LSAT or GPA, above Chicago's median for last year. I am below on both. The funny thing is, I knew that I wouldn't likely get in, and I thought that knowledge would make the impact less, um, painful. That hasn't been true. Monday is near, and I may still have a chance. I think deferral to RD is much more likey, with a waitlist to follow. I just need to be an adult and cope with it.

Translation: Boo, stop being such an entitled little whiner.
Boo = Love. Chicago could use some love. You hear that Dean Perry? You hear THAT?!? :mrgreen:

jerjon2

Bronze

Post by jerjon2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:02 pm

minicooperguy88 wrote:Perhaps its time for unsubstantiated speculation.

It's been a strange day.... we had some momentum early in the day which really dropped off... Things are so silent now... and looking at lsn - this can't be the end of EDs... right?? According to lsn only 1 URM was accepted as well as a very modest portion of applicants - surely that can't the end of it...

The twitter does say the ED calls were going to "start" today.... maybe they'll be doing what they did before... torture the rest of us until Monday....

Perhaps the weekend and the rest of Monday they can finish preparing the mass emails of rejection/deferments/& waitlists.

I think what takes so much time is not the acceptances, but the rest of these other decisions... I imagine they would want to get all the loose ends tied before they finish making the acceptances - or their office will be flooded with hysterical applicants. Once they get done accepting people - they'll want to send out the emails immediately afterward... That's what I'm thinking.............. My guess is the rest of us will know on Monday!
I'm an AA male URM and I got the call, so there's at least two.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:30 pm

jerjon2 wrote:
minicooperguy88 wrote:Perhaps its time for unsubstantiated speculation.

It's been a strange day.... we had some momentum early in the day which really dropped off... Things are so silent now... and looking at lsn - this can't be the end of EDs... right?? According to lsn only 1 URM was accepted as well as a very modest portion of applicants - surely that can't the end of it...

The twitter does say the ED calls were going to "start" today.... maybe they'll be doing what they did before... torture the rest of us until Monday....

Perhaps the weekend and the rest of Monday they can finish preparing the mass emails of rejection/deferments/& waitlists.

I think what takes so much time is not the acceptances, but the rest of these other decisions... I imagine they would want to get all the loose ends tied before they finish making the acceptances - or their office will be flooded with hysterical applicants. Once they get done accepting people - they'll want to send out the emails immediately afterward... That's what I'm thinking.............. My guess is the rest of us will know on Monday!
I'm an AA male URM and I got the call, so there's at least two.
I thought I explicitly posted in the URM thread no AAs were allowed to ED to Chicago :evil:

Congrats though! Numbers? UG?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:56 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote: The reason I am so pessimistic is simple. Looking at the other ED kids, they all have at least one score, be it LSAT or GPA, above Chicago's median for last year. I am below on both. The funny thing is, I knew that I wouldn't likely get in, and I thought that knowledge would make the impact less, um, painful. That hasn't been true. Monday is near, and I may still have a chance. I think deferral to RD is much more likey, with a waitlist to follow. I just need to be an adult and cope with it.

Translation: Boo, stop being such an entitled little whiner.
Being held is basically stringing out the torture. Last year, those held over to RD were asked to send in extra materials and then they promised to review them again in March. They ended up not reviewing them again until May and WL'ed all of them (at least the ones who were on TLS). Some of them did get of the waitlist in later in the spring/early summer but that's 5+ months of waiting.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:24 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Being held is basically stringing out the torture. Last year, those held over to RD were asked to send in extra materials and then they promised to review them again in March. They ended up not reviewing them again until May and WL'ed all of them (at least the ones who were on TLS). Some of them did get of the waitlist in later in the spring/early summer but that's 5+ months of waiting.
I have come to grips with the fact that a waitlist would be a death knell for my matriculation at the University of Chicago. I guess we'll see tommorrow. Good luck to you, Hopeful.
To you as well! I have to call Cornell and WashU tmw. I'll also be calling Michigan (which is my 2nd choice after Chicago) and then just hoping Dean P gives me a ring.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:00 am

Heading to bed. I will be checking in here promptly at 10am EST.

echoi

Bronze

Post by echoi » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:13 am

good luck, guys. hope tomorrow brings good news.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 am

boo_pragmatism wrote:Thanks echoi. Checking in early. Let's hope the news is swift, be it good or bad.
Good luck today guys, lots of us are rooting for you.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 am

Kretzy wrote:
boo_pragmatism wrote:Thanks echoi. Checking in early. Let's hope the news is swift, be it good or bad.
+1

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:34 am

kittenmittons wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
+1
+2!!

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:13 am

GeePee wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
+1
+2!!
+3

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tamlyric

Silver

Post by tamlyric » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 am

Good luck everyone! nothing but <3 boo

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Checking in.

Nothing on the status checker and their twitter hasn't been updated.

minicooperguy88

New

Post by minicooperguy88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:31 pm

Checking in too............ :shock: ....... and waiting...................................................................................... Are we there yet :|

minicooperguy88

New

Post by minicooperguy88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey kids.... since we'll be here all day --- at least I will be- until I have to go to work later this afternoon.... and get some last minute holiday shopping done.... I may find time to feed my puppy... (We'll see about that... Dean Perry - this kind of depends on you) I thought I'd post this little video that was introduced to me by the GREAT FOCH - the one and only!!! Yeah!!! Anyway. I laughed my ass off and thought it might be a great way to relax some of us. However, if you like NEW MOON or haven't seen it, but want too, this video may not be for you (it kind of gives away the entire movie).

-- So here's a little laugh for us all---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bXeQ7baYEE

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:10 pm

minicooperguy88 wrote:Hey kids.... since we'll be here all day --- at least I will be- until I have to go to work later this afternoon.... and get some last minute holiday shopping done.... I may find time to feed my puppy... (We'll see about that... Dean Perry - this kind of depends on you) I thought I'd post this little video that was introduced to me by the GREAT FOCH - the one and only!!! Yeah!!! Anyway. I laughed my ass off and thought it might be a great way to relax some of us. However, if you like NEW MOON or haven't seen it, but want too, this video may not be for you (it kind of gives away the entire movie).

My family always goes to see a movie on Thanksgiving while the turkey is in the oven and my little sister made us all see New Moon. Aside from the 2minutes of werewolf fighting it was the most miserable cinematic experience of my life.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:15 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
minicooperguy88 wrote:Hey kids.... since we'll be here all day --- at least I will be- until I have to go to work later this afternoon.... and get some last minute holiday shopping done.... I may find time to feed my puppy... (We'll see about that... Dean Perry - this kind of depends on you) I thought I'd post this little video that was introduced to me by the GREAT FOCH - the one and only!!! Yeah!!! Anyway. I laughed my ass off and thought it might be a great way to relax some of us. However, if you like NEW MOON or haven't seen it, but want too, this video may not be for you (it kind of gives away the entire movie).

My family always goes to see a movie on Thanksgiving while the turkey is in the oven and my little sister made us all see New Moon. Aside from the 2minutes of werewolf fighting it was the most miserable cinematic experience of my life.
My wife made me go see it. I had to constantly remind her and her friends the guy (I don't know his name, dog boy)was 17 years old and if I acted like she was towards a 17 year old girl, someone would be calling the cops.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Kakarot wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

My wife made me go see it. I had to constantly remind her and her friends the guy (I don't know his name, dog boy)was 17 years old and if I acted like she was towards a 17 year old girl, someone would be calling the cops.

minicooperguy88

New

Post by minicooperguy88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:29 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:

:lol: I'm soooo sorry man...
- Added to the list of things you were thankful for at Thanksgiving dinner...... That after watching New Moon, you came to the realization that things can only get better!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:31 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 pm

So much for ED calls continuing into this week :roll:

minicooperguy88

New

Post by minicooperguy88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 pm

babaghanouj wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Oh yeah... this looks familiar - exactly the way my friends' moms acted when I came over to spend the night when I was a baby-faced high schooler....... Not really... they usually told us to "Shut the F**k up - some of us gotta go to work tomorrow.... Biatches!!!" :P

minicooperguy88

New

Post by minicooperguy88 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:So much for ED calls continuing into this week :roll:

Tower of Mordor = U Chicago Law School

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”