U Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
opus127

Bronze

Re: U Chicago 2010

Post by opus127 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:08 pm

ChildPlease wrote:For some reason I haven't heard anything from Chicago but I have from everywhere else and I sent my apps in a few weeks ago.
I suggest you e-mail the admissions office. I hadn't heard anything from them, either, and when I asked them about it, it was easy to see what had happened.

I've been complete for about 10 days, so I'll join the crowd waiting for news.

johnstuartmill

Bronze

Post by johnstuartmill » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:37 pm

eas331 wrote:How long does it usually take Chicago to send app received/complete/status-checker e-mails? I submitted about 2 weeks ago (RD), and LSAC sent the reports 11/9, and I haven't heard a peep from Chicago yet. I don't want to annoy the admissions office with an e-mail, but it seems like it's taking unusually long. . . Thanks for any input you guys might have!
I sent mine in on Friday after business hours and got an e-mail Monday morning. If you haven't gotten anything by now, you should probably double-check your LSAC confirmation, and if everything is in order there, then call the law school.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:20 am

alright so, some girl came to me tonight and was like, "OMG, did I hear you got into Chicago?!!??!"

and I was like "Um... no?"

and she was like, "BECAUSE I DID!!!!"

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

Does this sound right to anyone? It sounds mad early to me. I go to a smallll school, where news gets around about who "beasted" the lsat, and my friends suggest that this may be premature "overly competitive shenanigans" (this person also claims to have gotten money at gulc and mich, which also seems rather early to me).

What do you think?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:24 am

nixxers wrote:alright so, some girl came to me tonight and was like, "OMG, did I hear you got into Chicago?!!??!"

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

Does this sound right to anyone? It sounds mad early to me. I go to a smallll school, where news gets around about who "beasted" the lsat, and my friends suggest that this may be premature "overly competitive shenanigans" (this person also claims to have gotten money at gulc and mich, which also seems rather early to me).

What do you think?
I am highly skeptical. That entire set-up reminds of fake acceptance announcements in my high school, where students were extremely competitive; it sounds contrived, baldly self-promotional, and frankly a touch nasty. Not to sound immodest myself, but I would be rather surprised if she got money at GULC, since they didn't offer me a cent and my numbers are pretty good (you can check them out on LSN).

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:37 am

nixxers wrote:alright so, some girl came to me tonight and was like, "OMG, did I hear you got into Chicago?!!??!"

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

What do you think?
My vote is for 100% b.s.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:49 am

I want to apply ED but I'm going to have trouble getting my stuff in on time... Are they ever flexible with these deadlines?

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:06 pm

boilercat wrote:I want to apply ED but I'm going to have trouble getting my stuff in on time... Are they ever flexible with these deadlines?
No, I don't think so.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

What do you think?
My vote is for 100% b.s.
+1. She's lying. Chicago makes ED decisions before any others and those won't come for at least another 3 weeks.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:10 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

What do you think?
My vote is for 100% b.s.
+1. She's lying. Chicago makes ED decisions before any others and those won't come for at least another 3 weeks.
+2 GULC also doesnt give out money this early

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

annabell

New

Post by annabell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:53 am

Is "complete" the last status check before decisions come out? Or is there an "under review" on the UChicago status checker?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:55 am

annabell wrote:Is "complete" the last status check before decisions come out? Or is there an "under review" on the UChicago status checker?
I believe Complete is the last update before Decision

echoi

Bronze

Post by echoi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Complete 11/23

I really didn't think I'd be one of those ppl checking their statuses and e-mails obsessively...but god damnit I am... :(

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:04 pm

echoi wrote:Complete 11/23

I really didn't think I'd be one of those ppl checking their statuses and e-mails obsessively...but god damnit I am... :(
You don't have to worry about Chicago changing to decision pending until 12/10 at the absolute earliest. I have checked my status there in days.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

echoi

Bronze

Post by echoi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:27 pm

^Thanks for the heads up. That should help, srsly.

And that story about the girl telling others about fake acceptances....what a sad fucking life. :|

gotmilk?

Bronze

Post by gotmilk? » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:44 am

Did anyone go to the admissions open house today? I'm curious what went down/what people thought...

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:46 am

echoi wrote:^Thanks for the heads up. That should help, srsly.

And that story about the girl telling others about fake acceptances....what a sad fucking life. :|

Your avatar is quite lovely. Zhang Ziyi? Maggie Cheung?

Casus

New

Post by Casus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:13 am

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

What do you think?
I don't think there's a chance that one, and certainly not both, of those are true. Aside from making everyone else hate you by saying things like that, you have to be careful. If things don't work out for her, and ITE who knows, it's going to be really tough for her to explain to everyone at your school why she is going to a T30-50 instead of Chicago or GULC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 am

Casus wrote:

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

What do you think?
I don't think there's a chance that one, and certainly not both, of those are true. Aside from making everyone else hate you by saying things like that, you have to be careful. If things don't work out for her, and ITE who knows, it's going to be really tough for her to explain to everyone at your school why she is going to a T30-50 instead of Chicago or GULC.
If there is such a thing as karma, I hope it kicks in for people like her.

The Kim Jong illest

Bronze

Post by The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:24 am

AngryAvocado wrote:
Casus wrote:

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

What do you think?
lol. I like that the standard reaction here to someone saying this is not that they are deeply insecure, but that they are sick, sadistic pieces of shit.

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:32 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:
Casus wrote:

and I was like "cool..."

etc.

What do you think?
lol. I like that the standard reaction here to someone saying this is not that they are deeply insecure, but that they are sick, sadistic pieces of shit.
Nobody is quite going that far. Hoping that karma kicks in for someone who is calling and lying about getting into schools =/= accusing her of being a "sick sadistic piece of shit." Though I will say that, in my experience, people like that go far beyond just "insecurity" and rarely does it fade away once they actually get into their "dream school" or whatever.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:48 am

If any URMs are applying to Chicago ED so help you God, I'll be standing outside your windows come decision pending time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:54 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:If any URMs are applying to Chicago ED so help you God, I'll be standing outside your windows come decision pending time.
That sounds a little ominous... 8)

The Kim Jong illest

Bronze

Post by The Kim Jong illest » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:If any URMs are applying to Chicago ED so help you God, I'll be standing outside your windows come decision pending time.
Hate crimes ITT

SplitterPride

New

Post by SplitterPride » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:04 am

Is Chicago accredited by the ABA? TTT6

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:09 am

:mrgreen: Being intimidating FTW!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.