Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:44 pm

owhlcn wrote:TITCR. if you look on LSN the # of apps to harvard is well below even the 830 admits (only 414 at last check). there are a huge # of people out there applying to HLS who are on neither TLS nor LSN -- my guess is a large percentage of the JR1s without JR2s is coming from them. all above points about TLS/LSN being a biased/unrepresentative sample are correct, imo.

Also, not everyone on LSN lists JR/TS1s, and there isn't really a checkbox or datebox for them.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Who else gets the feeling we're in the calm before the storm, so to speak?

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nixxers » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm

crackberry wrote:Who else gets the feeling we're in the calm before the storm, so to speak?


+1

Meeeeeeee..... I don't know what I'm going to do when people start getting JR2's... I won't be able to watch, but I don't think i'll be able to drag myself away from this thread either :P It's less than a week before we get into the time when TS2s began appearing....

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby owhlcn » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:45 pm

nixxers wrote:
crackberry wrote:Who else gets the feeling we're in the calm before the storm, so to speak?


+1

Meeeeeeee..... I don't know what I'm going to do when people start getting JR2's... I won't be able to watch, but I don't think i'll be able to drag myself away from this thread either :P It's less than a week before we get into the time when TS2s began appearing....


i know i'm neurotic but i think the arrival of JR2s will inspire unparalleled new levels of anxiety

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:46 pm

nixxers wrote:
crackberry wrote:Who else gets the feeling we're in the calm before the storm, so to speak?


+1

Meeeeeeee..... I don't know what I'm going to do when people start getting JR2's... I won't be able to watch, but I don't think i'll be able to drag myself away from this thread either :P It's less than a week before we get into the time when TS2s began appearing....

Yep, should start rolling in a week from yesterday (11/24), though I wouldn't be shocked if they started on Monday, Nov. 23.

Reverethong
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Reverethong » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Does anyone know, based on other posts, when the last scheduled JR1 is thus far? I know I saw someone has theirs today, but has anyone heard of anyone getting one for tomorrow or next week?

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ylc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:01 pm

Reverethong wrote:Does anyone know, based on other posts, when the last scheduled JR1 is thus far? I know I saw someone has theirs today, but has anyone heard of anyone getting one for tomorrow or next week?


I think I saw something about one tomorrow.

User avatar
badwillhunting
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby badwillhunting » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:05 pm

zamd006 wrote:wow guys these answers are making me very very hopeful. I have my JR1 this friday. LETS GET PUMPED PEOPLE!

zamd006
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zamd006 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah mine is friday. I'm really hoping to hear back next week along with the first batch of JR1's. Most of the people on LSN that heard back december 8th (next big batch) had their TS1's on the 25th last year so....

FretMeister
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby FretMeister » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Anyone have a sense of how late a submission is too late to get a JR1 before T-giving? Seen two 10/28 folks on LSN who got one. I submitted 11/1 and am curious if I even have a shot of getting one before the holiday or whether they'll not even get to my pile.

Folks who got one today, when did you submit?

User avatar
musketeerlady
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby musketeerlady » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Sigh, all I want for Christmas (and the next 10 Christmas) is a JR1.

It definitely looks like JR2 are coming out soon: the HLS website now has a link to the Admitted Student website (http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/jd/ --> "Post Admission Status Check" to the left)

Good luck to all those with JR1 so far, and also to those JR1-less like I am.

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:14 pm

musketeerlady wrote:Sigh, all I want for Christmas (and the next 10 Christmas) is a JR1.

It definitely looks like JR2 are coming out soon: the HLS website now has a link to the Admitted Student website (http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/jd/ --> "Post Admission Status Check" to the left)

Good luck to all those with JR1 so far, and also to those JR1-less like I am.


Nice. Thanks for the link (yes I tried to log in :lol: ).

oppotomus
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby oppotomus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:17 pm

delete
Last edited by oppotomus on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

allyb
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby allyb » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I submitted my app 11/2 and have a JR1 scheduled for this friday, so its definitely possible..

lawnerd
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lawnerd » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Just curious -- Is anybody here not applying to Yale simply because they don't want to write the 250?

ali & ali
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ali & ali » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:38 pm

allyb wrote:I submitted my app 11/2 and have a JR1 scheduled for this friday, so its definitely possible..


Do they do these things in waves? I my app has been "Under Review" for 6 days now, and I haven't heard anything. When did you go complete? When did they contact you?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm

lawnerd wrote:Just curious -- Is anybody here not applying to Yale simply because they don't want to write the 250?

Haha well I've put off applying to Yale simply because I'm dreading the 250, but I will write it eventually. Probably on my plane flight home for Thanksgiving.

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Amelie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm

lawnerd wrote:Just curious -- Is anybody here not applying to Yale simply because they don't want to write the 250?


I'm in that boat right now - it's more like I can't come up with anything worth sending. It seems like a lot of work for a school I know I won't get into.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:42 pm

ali & ali wrote:
allyb wrote:I submitted my app 11/2 and have a JR1 scheduled for this friday, so its definitely possible..


Do they do these things in waves? I my app has been "Under Review" for 6 days now, and I haven't heard anything. When did you go complete? When did they contact you?

LOL 6 days. Come back in a month and try complaining then.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:45 pm

puppins wrote:
ali & ali wrote:
allyb wrote:I submitted my app 11/2 and have a JR1 scheduled for this friday, so its definitely possible..


Do they do these things in waves? I my app has been "Under Review" for 6 days now, and I haven't heard anything. When did you go complete? When did they contact you?

LOL 6 days. Come back in a month and try complaining then.


+1 I have been under review since end of September

swams
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swams » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:53 pm

just had jr1. only 4 and a half minutes. is this bad?

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:58 pm

swams wrote:just had jr1. only 4 and a half minutes. is this bad?


No one can say for sure. I don't think so, though. JR is probably just very busy. There has been speculation about how the length of the interview relates to its success, but I think it is mostly just joking around and being neurotic. Unless, of course, he cut it off early because you did something very bad...

ali & ali
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ali & ali » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Has anyone here gotten a JR1 email who went complete after Nov 12? Let the neurosis begin.

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby soullesswonder » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:30 pm

swams wrote:just had jr1. only 4 and a half minutes. is this bad?


I don't know - did he respond when you asked him, "Was it good for you, too?"

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby amidea » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:30 pm

allyb wrote:I submitted my app 11/2 and have a JR1 scheduled for this friday, so its definitely possible..


Hey allyb, when did your app go complete?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neptunian, PDX4343 and 4 guests