Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
go4hls

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby go4hls » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Just got my JR1 email!

Can someone who is familiar with the stats tell me whether ppl getting JR1 (or TS1) emails this late (i.e. week of 11/16) have historically gotten JR2s (or TS2s) before Thanksgiving?

zamd006

Postby zamd006 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Last edited by zamd006 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

go4hls

Postby go4hls » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:03 pm

zamd006 wrote:Just got my JR1! I don't know what to make of it, I thought I didn't have a chance this year.

GPA near median, LSAT above 170+ but below median. I am an international student though from a unique country, so maybe boost.

I applied October 27, went under review Nov 2. JR1 Today. Should I be excited?

YES!

Also, my 100th post! YAY!

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:07 pm

I don't have any stats handy, but I know that last year there were at least a couple LSN people that got their TS1 emails this last week before Thanksgiving and still got acceptance calls before the holiday.

Congrats you two!

Edit: Example at http://lawschoolnumbers.com/puppiez
Last edited by Lysis on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoopsguy6

Postby hoopsguy6 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:08 pm

go4hls wrote:
zamd006 wrote:Just got my JR1! I don't know what to make of it, I thought I didn't have a chance this year.

GPA near median, LSAT above 170+ but below median. I am an international student though from a unique country, so maybe boost.

YES!

Congrats to both of you. Go4hls - you need to rack up 80 more posts before your JR1 for luck.

zamd006

Postby zamd006 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Lysis wrote:I don't have any stats handy, but I know that last year there were at least a couple LSN people that got their TS1 emails this last week before Thanksgiving and still got acceptance calls before the holiday.

Congrats you two!

If we don't hear before thanksgiving, will we still hear back early december?

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:24 pm

zamd006 wrote:
Lysis wrote:I don't have any stats handy, but I know that last year there were at least a couple LSN people that got their TS1 emails this last week before Thanksgiving and still got acceptance calls before the holiday.

Congrats you two!

I think predicting when you'll hear back is pretty impossible. I was just trying to let you know that you could get good news as early as next week. It could take much longer, and I wouldn't be disheartened if you don't hear from JR again for a while.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:30 pm

GargamelITT wrote:
booby87 wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:
man. i'm really unsure which i'd prefer: a) answering the phone and having a live conversation with JR during which he tells me i've been accepted or b) having it go through to answering machine, and having a recorded message i could keep, replay over and over, and edit into a dance remix

lol. in the unlikely event I get accepted will you make me one too?

certainly. i'll have JR sounding like t-pain in no time

Anyone up for "Autotune Josh Rubenstein"?

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:
booby87 wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:
man. i'm really unsure which i'd prefer: a) answering the phone and having a live conversation with JR during which he tells me i've been accepted or b) having it go through to answering machine, and having a recorded message i could keep, replay over and over, and edit into a dance remix

lol. in the unlikely event I get accepted will you make me one too?

certainly. i'll have JR sounding like t-pain in no time

Anyone up for "Autotune Josh Rubenstein"?

i am IN.

go4hls

Postby go4hls » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

hoopsguy6 wrote:
go4hls wrote:

YES!

Congrats to both of you. Go4hls - you need to rack up 80 more posts before your JR1 for luck.

I got my work cut out for me then :lol:

Lysis wrote:
zamd006 wrote:

Congrats you two!

I think predicting when you'll hear back is pretty impossible. I was just trying to let you know that you could get good news as early as next week. It could take much longer, and I wouldn't be disheartened if you don't hear from JR again for a while.

Thanks for the info Lysis. This is good because it means I can hear back before going home for thxgiving. But it's bad because if I don't hear back before thxgiving then I'll start worrying all over again. LOL, gotta love it.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Lysis wrote:
zamd006 wrote:

Congrats you two!

Maybe you wont, but i will :( hahaha

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
Lysis wrote:
zamd006 wrote:

Congrats you two!

Maybe you wont, but i will :( hahaha

Well, I wouldn't be disheartened if zamd doesn't hear. The craziness I'll go through if JR doesn't get back to me is another matter... (<3 JR...please call)

badwillhunting

Postby badwillhunting » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:03 pm

just had my jr1... i don't think it went that badly!
Last edited by badwillhunting on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emptybee

Postby emptybee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Does anyone have links to people with early JR1's but no JR2's?

lz06

Postby lz06 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:11 pm

emptybee wrote:Does anyone have links to people with early JR1's but no JR2's?

I'd like to know this also.. because I'll probably be one of them lol

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:12 pm

emptybee wrote:Does anyone have links to people with early JR1's but no JR2's?

+1 i would love to know. last yr's TS2 thread had 0 ppl who posted w/ an early JR1 and did not receive a JR2 by early december.

however, im just scared this yr he'll do things differently (more JR1s? earlier waitlists? etc.)

emptybee

Postby emptybee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:46 pm

lz06 wrote:however, im just scared this yr he'll do things differently (more JR1s? earlier waitlists? etc.)

This is what worries me. Maybe they're interviewing more people than they'll take, relative to last year.... Or maybe nothing's changed and good news will come in about one week....

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 pm

emptybee wrote:
lz06 wrote:however, im just scared this yr he'll do things differently (more JR1s? earlier waitlists? etc.)

This is what worries me. Maybe they're interviewing more people than they'll take, relative to last year.... Or maybe nothing's changed and good news will come in about one week....

Fingers crossed.

psoldato

Postby psoldato » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:46 pm

what counts as an "early jr1"? any ideas? the whole cycle seems to be a bit later than last year.

emptybee

Postby emptybee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:56 pm

psoldato wrote:what counts as an "early jr1"? any ideas? the whole cycle seems to be a bit later than last year.

I would say those who get a JR1 before ~11/20, i.e. the group that will get their JR2's before Thanksgiving.

letsgojayhawks

Postby letsgojayhawks » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:58 pm

When do you think waitlist/rejections will start coming out? I know they waited until the end last year, but it seems like that won't be the case this year.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:06 pm

emptybee wrote:

lol how did my name change to lz06? :P

psoldato wrote:what counts as an "early jr1"? any ideas? the whole cycle seems to be a bit later than last year.

so far it doesnt seem that off at all; maybe like a day or two. last yr first JR1 invites went out on 10/16, this yr 10/19...but 17 and 18 were the weekend.

letsgojayhawks wrote:When do you think waitlist/rejections will start coming out? I know they waited until the end last year, but it seems like that won't be the case this year.

we'll let you know in about a week hahaha

emptybee

Postby emptybee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:09 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:When do you think waitlist/rejections will start coming out? I know they waited until the end last year, but it seems like that won't be the case this year.

Go a bit farther back in this thread. Apparently JR acknowledged that leaving WL/rejects until April was a mistake and that most applicants would hear back within 2 months of review. Stay tuned to see how this actually plays out....

letsgojayhawks

Postby letsgojayhawks » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:29 pm

emptybee wrote:

Go a bit farther back in this thread. Apparently JR acknowledged that leaving WL/rejects until April was a mistake and that most applicants would hear back within 2 months of review. Stay tuned to see how this actually plays out....

Yeah I saw that. If that's the case, then two months for the first applicants (early september) would be coming up soon (ie next week). I wonder if there's a difference in the 2 month timelines for people who get JR1s and those who don't. Its possible that HLS is going to reject all those who don't stand a chance for the JR1 within the 2 month deadline, and then keep the JR1s on hold until more apps come in.

emptybee

Postby emptybee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:31 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:
emptybee wrote:

Yeah I saw that. If that's the case, then two months for the first applicants (early september) would be coming up soon (ie next week). I wonder if there's a difference in the 2 month timelines for people who get JR1s and those who don't. Its possible that HLS is going to reject all those who don't stand a chance for the JR1 within the 2 month deadline, and then keep the JR1s on hold until more apps come in.

I think he meant two months from when they went under review. Most people (JR1's or not) who submitted in Sept/Oct went under review towards the end of Oct, so that whole batch should hear one way or another by the end of December.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”