Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby soullesswonder » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:31 pm

sfdreaming09 wrote:Looks like JR is going to be out of the office this week….I hope this doesn't mean that JR2's are going to be postponed because this wait is killing me.

"Quick note – I’m out of the country most of this week. As such we’ll have a short hiatus on the blog. We’ll be back up and running first thing Monday – enjoy the HLS Admissions Blog version of a long weekend!"

http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/ ... check.html


Doubt it...I think there are still phone interviews scheduled for tomorrow. The ball keeps on bouncing.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nixxers » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:34 pm

AHHH!!! Just had JR1..... it was 14:15............ i felt ok, but I talked a lot haha! I hope I wasn't boring...... OH MAN though, I feel totally frazzled now. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: @_@

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby catwoman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Had mine too recently, and it was about the same length. Good luck!

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nixxers » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm

catwoman wrote:Had mine too recently, and it was about the same length. Good luck!


thanks, you too! :D

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:22 pm

grats on your phone interviews!

and wow, almost 15min, totally squashed my 10. why couldnt i have been more interesting?! lol

and sfdreaming, i dont think it'll be too big of a problem, and DEFINITELY hope it does not push JR2's back...i know TS went on some 3 day break thing and it threw off TS1's for a bit, but the first batch of TS2's still came like clockwork.

emptybee
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby emptybee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Had my JR1 today..went well, I think. A bit short though...

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby amidea » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:35 pm

alright time for me to join the party.

i went complete 11/09 so not expecting interviews just yet (ok, not really expecting them ever) but i can hope! i'm above 75th percentile LSAT but below 25th percentile GPA, sigh... hopefully the Ivy undergrad will help a little? please? :cry:

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby babaghanouj » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 pm

amidea wrote:alright time for me to join the party.

i went complete 11/09 so not expecting interviews just yet (ok, not really expecting them ever) but i can hope! i'm above 75th percentile LSAT but below 25th percentile GPA, sigh... hopefully the Ivy undergrad will help a little? please? :cry:

I think you'll be fine :wink:

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:45 pm

babaghanouj wrote:
amidea wrote:alright time for me to join the party.

i went complete 11/09 so not expecting interviews just yet (ok, not really expecting them ever) but i can hope! i'm above 75th percentile LSAT but below 25th percentile GPA, sigh... hopefully the Ivy undergrad will help a little? please? :cry:

I think you'll be fine :wink:


Hmm is the HYP= H? Then probably a decent shot at getting in... more of a coin flip if its YP tho

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby GeePee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 pm

SolarWind wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:
amidea wrote:alright time for me to join the party.

i went complete 11/09 so not expecting interviews just yet (ok, not really expecting them ever) but i can hope! i'm above 75th percentile LSAT but below 25th percentile GPA, sigh... hopefully the Ivy undergrad will help a little? please? :cry:

I think you'll be fine :wink:


Hmm is the HYP= H? Then probably a decent shot at getting in... more of a coin flip if its YP tho

Yale is pretty good, also. Princeton is the more debatable boost.

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby catwoman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:47 pm

30-32% of Yale applicants get in depending on the year. I think Princeton is a bit below that.

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby soullesswonder » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:54 pm

catwoman wrote:30-32% of Yale applicants get in depending on the year. I think Princeton is a bit below that.


That doesn't tell us anything, since Yale has a high LSAT average and severe grade inflation to boost GPAs.

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby catwoman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Yeah I'm just pointing out the raw statistics. I don't think there's a special "boost." Just lots of people with good numbers.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:16 pm

uhhh wait JR is out of the country?! so who exactly is calling me tomorrow? ahhh

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2778
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby forza » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 pm

lz06 wrote:uhhh wait JR is out of the country?! so who exactly is calling me tomorrow? ahhh


We live in the age of technology. Long-distance phone calls, my friend.

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby amidea » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 pm

SolarWind wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:
amidea wrote:alright time for me to join the party.

i went complete 11/09 so not expecting interviews just yet (ok, not really expecting them ever) but i can hope! i'm above 75th percentile LSAT but below 25th percentile GPA, sigh... hopefully the Ivy undergrad will help a little? please? :cry:

I think you'll be fine :wink:


Hmm is the HYP= H? Then probably a decent shot at getting in... more of a coin flip if its YP tho


Sadly the HYP is not H.
catwoman wrote:That doesn't tell us anything, since Yale has a high LSAT average and severe grade inflation to boost GPAs.


And to completely erase any doubt and mystery, hoping that all this paranoia about stats and identity is unwarranted, sadly no grade inflation here either :( Looks like my HYP is going to be of little help here.

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:54 am

nixxers wrote:AHHH!!! Just had JR1..... it was 14:15............ i felt ok, but I talked a lot haha! I hope I wasn't boring...... OH MAN though, I feel totally frazzled now. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: @_@


Nice! That's the longest one I've heard of so far. I don't really know, but I have a suspicion it's a good thing. Congrats!

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:03 am

T14 wrote:
nixxers wrote:AHHH!!! Just had JR1..... it was 14:15............ i felt ok, but I talked a lot haha! I hope I wasn't boring...... OH MAN though, I feel totally frazzled now. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: @_@


Nice! That's the longest one I've heard of so far. I don't really know, but I have a suspicion it's a good thing. Congrats!

I'm totally gonna have long spaces in between every word if I get a JR1.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:10 am

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
T14 wrote:
nixxers wrote:AHHH!!! Just had JR1..... it was 14:15............ i felt ok, but I talked a lot haha! I hope I wasn't boring...... OH MAN though, I feel totally frazzled now. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: @_@


Nice! That's the longest one I've heard of so far. I don't really know, but I have a suspicion it's a good thing. Congrats!

I'm totally gonna have long spaces in between every word if I get a JR1.


So everyone get the picture? LONGER JR1's = Greater chance of acceptance!

<6 min. = Things aren't looking to hot for you my friend
6-8 min. = Eh, decent, but Josh just isn't that in to you
8-10 min. = Josh likes you, your probably in.
10-12 min. = Pack your bags your going to Cambridge!!!
12+ min. = JR will offer you a secret scholarship that Harvard claims not to have

User avatar
joshikousei
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby joshikousei » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:56 am

SolarWind wrote:So everyone get the picture? LONGER JR1's = Greater chance of acceptance!

<6 min. = Things aren't looking to hot for you my friend
6-8 min. = Eh, decent, but Josh just isn't that in to you
8-10 min. = Josh likes you, your probably in.
10-12 min. = Pack your bags your going to Cambridge!!!
12+ min. = JR will offer you a secret scholarship that Harvard claims not to have


mine was less than 6 minutes. are you telling me i'm a fluke? :|

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:10 am

joshikousei wrote:
SolarWind wrote:So everyone get the picture? LONGER JR1's = Greater chance of acceptance!

<6 min. = Things aren't looking to hot for you my friend
6-8 min. = Eh, decent, but Josh just isn't that in to you
8-10 min. = Josh likes you, your probably in.
10-12 min. = Pack your bags your going to Cambridge!!!
12+ min. = JR will offer you a secret scholarship that Harvard claims not to have


mine was less than 6 minutes. are you telling me i'm a fluke? :|

that call was more just routine for you, it wasn't necessary to know that you were already too good for them.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:34 am

joshikousei wrote:
SolarWind wrote:So everyone get the picture? LONGER JR1's = Greater chance of acceptance!

<6 min. = Things aren't looking to hot for you my friend
6-8 min. = Eh, decent, but Josh just isn't that in to you
8-10 min. = Josh likes you, your probably in.
10-12 min. = Pack your bags your going to Cambridge!!!
12+ min. = JR will offer you a secret scholarship that Harvard claims not to have


mine was less than 6 minutes. are you telling me i'm a fluke? :|


aside: tho solar's post was a joke post, i think TS's phone calls were in general shorter than JR's. looking at old posts, TS calls were like 6-8min, but JR's often dance around 10 (and apparently now even 15 lol)

User avatar
joshikousei
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby joshikousei » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:39 am

Veritas wrote:that call was more just routine for you, it wasn't necessary to know that you were already too good for them.


i tried to find an appropriate despair.com poster, but instead got sidetracked. these are just a few:

Image Image

DoubleChecks wrote:aside: tho solar's post was a joke post, i think TS's phone calls were in general shorter than JR's. looking at old posts, TS calls were like 6-8min, but JR's often dance around 10 (and apparently now even 15 lol)


haha, i know. :P assuming average 10 minute phone calls to 1,000 recipients, JR is going to spend more than 4 full working weeks (40 hours each week) talking to people on the phone. good lord.

User avatar
nixxers
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nixxers » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:16 pm

LOL -.-;;;;;

joshikousei wrote:
haha, i know. :P assuming average 10 minute phone calls to 1,000 recipients, JR is going to spend more than 4 full working weeks (40 hours each week) talking to people on the phone. good lord.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:43 pm

For anyone feeling bad about their interview..... Mine was 5 minutes. I win.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigv, hammy393, Leahmealone, NotAGolfer, thg1870, yuppitsme and 13 guests