Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
swampthang

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swampthang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
swampthang wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I knew I shouldn't have poked the bear:

Rejected. It stings, completely rejected out of HYS. Stupid drop in my GPA did me in :? :? :?

Sorry for the ding, mon frère. If it's any consolation, a.) at least your cycle is now a lot more simplified than many of us who dodged the ding only to find ourselves slowly digested to death in Sarlacc (i.e., the Waitlist), and b.) your comment about poking the bear made me laugh. With you, not at you, I promise. Not to mention, c.) your football team's been a lot better than mine the past 3 years so nothing to be bummed about!

Haha thanks, but the good thing about being in Sarlacc is you know that someone will make it out (Boba Fett). Good luck to all still waiting to hear and to those on the waitlist!

I appreciate the sentiment, but didn't Boba not get out ever? If you've seen the second Robot Chicken Star Wars segment, they definitely play off that belief. Check Wiki to confirm/deny, got distracted by this instead: --LinkRemoved--

MeredithGrey

Postby MeredithGrey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Rejected. It stings, completely rejected out of HYS. Stupid drop in my GPA did me in :? :? :?

Dear Jer,

so sorry about the rejection. Do you mind sharing when you went complete/under review.

My decision should be coming any day too...

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:55 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:

Dear Jer,

so sorry about the rejection. Do you mind sharing when you went complete/under review.

Nov 17th ish. Good luck! No telling what is going on in their admission process.

MeredithGrey

Postby MeredithGrey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
MeredithGrey wrote:

Dear Jer,

Nov 17th ish. Good luck! No telling what is going on in their admission process.

I went complete in March. I have sub 25th percentile LSAT, and very high 75th percentile GPA. I am still waiting. It looks like only waitlists and rejections recently.. not looking promising. I am a combined degree applicant, and heard from one program, but still waiting on HLS and praying daily :).

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:17 pm

MeredithGrey wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
MeredithGrey wrote:

Dear Jer,

I went complete in March. I have sub 25th percentile LSAT, and very high 75th percentile GPA. I am still waiting. It looks like only waitlists and rejections recently.. not looking promising. I am a combined degree applicant, and heard from one program, but still waiting on HLS and praying daily :).

Hardly the worst idea. After dragging my feet for far too many months, I bit the bullet and went to confession last night. Figure it can't hurt to be right with the man upstairs when JR's contemplating WL decisions.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Was struck by the rejection axe earlier today. Never thought a rejection could cause so little pain.

Harvard is a wonderful school, though. Congrats to all who were accepted, and good luck to all who are matriculating.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Was struck by the rejection axe earlier today. Never thought a rejection could cause so little pain.

Harvard is a wonderful school, though. Congrats to all who were accepted, and good luck to all who are matriculating.

IIRC you are going to Stanford right? Congrats on that. :) Turning down Yale must have been fun for you.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Unitas wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Was struck by the rejection axe earlier today. Never thought a rejection could cause so little pain.

IIRC you are going to Stanford right? Congrats on that. :) Turning down Yale must have been fun for you.

Yup, I'm excited to betray my alma mater. Turning down NHCC was incredibly difficult, though.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm

I would say "sorry, BioE," but it doesn't sound like you need my sympathies :P

Funny how these admissions games work--glad we're gonna end up where we want to be. :)

js53

Postby js53 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:39 pm

My application went complete in early January and I have not heard anything yet. I haven't been held or waitlisted; is this a good situation or should I be expecting a rejection any day now? I do not have traditional Harvard gpa/lsat numbers, but I am a CPA, MBA, and have three years work experience with a Fortune 500 company. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

lastMinuteGuy

Postby lastMinuteGuy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Rejected yesterday. 25th LSAT/75th GPA with some interesting work and graduate school experience, so makes me wish I could have gotten my apps in before late Jan.

adameus

Postby adameus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:23 pm

lastMinuteGuy wrote:Rejected yesterday. 25th LSAT/75th GPA with some interesting work and graduate school experience, so makes me wish I could have gotten my apps in before late Jan.

sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll end up somewhere great!

Core

Postby Core » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:49 pm

lastMinuteGuy wrote:Rejected yesterday. 25th LSAT/75th GPA with some interesting work and graduate school experience, so makes me wish I could have gotten my apps in before late Jan.

Sorry. What other schools are you looking at?

adameus

Postby adameus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Core wrote:

core, you changed your 'tar! I always imagined you as a girl holding what looked like a bazooka, even though I know you are male...

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:54 am

adameus wrote:
Core wrote:

core, you changed your 'tar! I always imagined you as a girl holding what looked like a bazooka, even though I know you are male...

Core is a guy??? Mind blown... I thought he was girl interested in photography..

adameus

Postby adameus » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:07 am

Nom Sawyer wrote:
adameus wrote:
Core wrote:

Core is a guy??? Mind blown... I thought he was girl interested in photography..

haha yeah, I remember now it wasn't a bazooka but a camera with a bazooka like lense.

Core

Postby Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 am

haha yeah, I remember now it wasn't a bazooka but a camera with a bazooka like lense.

Ahaha, yes I am a guy. I play around with my tar from time to time. Decided to pick a more sinister character.

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 am

Core I thought you were a girl too. And I thought that the new 'tar was a self-tar.

Signed,
out of touch.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 am

Core wrote:

Ahaha, yes I am a guy. I play around with my tar from time to time. Decided to pick a more sinister character.

Who is in your tar now?? It looks like the girl from Royal Pains to me, who is not very sinister so I'm guessing I have it wrong...

Core

Postby Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am

neimanmarxist wrote:Core I thought you were a girl too. And I thought that the new 'tar was a self-tar.

Signed,
out of touch.

Lol! If I'm wrong in assuming your tar is a self-tar, we're both out of touch.

Core

Postby Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am

Unitas wrote:
Core wrote:

Who is in your tar now?? It looks like the girl from Royal Pains to me, who is not very sinister so I'm guessing I have it wrong...

Tory Foster from Battlestar Galactica.

lastMinuteGuy

Postby lastMinuteGuy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Core wrote:

Half tuition at Penn or sticker at NYU, plus CLS and SLS waitlists. I have some significant personal reasons for wanting to stay in the Boston area though, so not ruling out the idea of retaking and reapplying early next cycle. Not sure that it would do much good though, since I already have 2 scores.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:17 pm

lastMinuteGuy wrote:
Core wrote:

Half tuition at Penn or sticker at NYU, plus CLS and SLS waitlists. I have some significant personal reasons for wanting to stay in the Boston area though, so not ruling out the idea of retaking and reapplying early next cycle. Not sure that it would do much good though, since I already have 2 scores.

That might work.. my friend had 2 scores around the 170 area, really wanted HLS, and rocked his 3rd LSAT. He was then accepted in the first round of Thanksgiving acceptances.

Fancy Pants

Postby Fancy Pants » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Core wrote:Lol! If I'm wrong in assuming your tar is a self-tar, we're both out of touch.

Neiman's tar is actually a picture of me. Pretty hot, right?

Core

Postby Core » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
Core wrote:Lol! If I'm wrong in assuming your tar is a self-tar, we're both out of touch.

Neiman's tar is actually a picture of me. Pretty hot, right?

You guys have a really weird relationship.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”