Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:54 pm

soonergirl wrote:
blue5385 wrote:are you planning on moving far from home for law school, soonergirl?

I don't know. That's up to Josh. :mrgreen:

I will likely take the scholarship from UTexas. That's only six hours away, but coming from OU I might as well be selling my soul to the devil and packing my bags for hell. ha! Besides, you know what they say about Texas: It's like a whole 'nother country. (What does that mean, anyway?)

It means that if Oklahoma didn't suck Texas would float away into the gulf. Or it means that Perry is serious with his succession talk.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Jericwithers wrote:It means that if Oklahoma didn't suck Texas would float away into the gulf. Or it means that Perry is serious with his succession talk.

I'm sure we'll succeed in the cessation of his secession.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Just so everyone knows, Harvard will be closed tomorrow because it's Patriots Day in Massachusetts, so I wouldn't expect any emails. Everyone else point at laugh at Massachusetts for having random holidays.
Last edited by BenJ on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:It means that if Oklahoma didn't suck Texas would float away into the gulf. Or it means that Perry is serious with his succession talk.

I'm sure we'll succeed in the cessation of his secession.

Eh, maybe that is why I am going to get rejected at Harvard.

portena

Postby portena » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 pm

BenJ wrote:Just so everyone knows, Harvard will be closed tomorrow because it's Patriots Day in Massachusetts, so I wouldn't expect any emails. Everyone else point at laugh at Massachusetts for having random holidays.

You're kidding. There's just no end in sight to the agonizing suspense.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:41 pm

BenJ wrote:Just so everyone knows, Harvard will be closed tomorrow because it's Patriots Day in Massachusetts, so I wouldn't expect any emails. Everyone else point at laugh at Massachusetts for having random holidays.

Even though they worked on Sat? I think they may be under pressure to get through the backlog of apps. They seem to be a bit behind and overwhelmed.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:22 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Even though they worked on Sat? I think they may be under pressure to get through the backlog of apps. They seem to be a bit behind and overwhelmed.

Seconded. Working Saturday (a day that most university departments take off) and then not working on Patriots' Day seems odd- but per Wikipedia, it's a "school holiday for many local colleges and universities, both public and private," so who knows.

lastMinuteGuy

Postby lastMinuteGuy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Patriots Day usually only shuts down government offices and public schools. Most business and private schools keep on running, but not sure what HLS is doing tomorrow.

Edit: From their academic calendar looks like school's open tomorrow.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/calendar/index.html

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:45 am

lastMinuteGuy wrote:

Patriots Day usually only shuts down government offices and public schools. Most business and private schools keep on running, but not sure what HLS is doing tomorrow.

I admit I was sort of guessing, but I know Tufts, MIT and BU are all closed today, so I figured Harvard would be, too. I guess they don't love the Boston Marathon :|

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:07 am

BenJ wrote:
lastMinuteGuy wrote:

I admit I was sort of guessing, but I know Tufts, MIT and BU are all closed today, so I figured Harvard would be, too. I guess they don't love the Boston Marathon :|

Not much of a marathon thanks to that volcano. What's a marathon without any Welsh or Hungarian runners?

haroldfordIII

Postby haroldfordIII » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:14 am

What's the consensus on a response from HLS today? Another wave of WL's and/or rejects?

macunaima

Postby macunaima » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 am

BenJ wrote:
lastMinuteGuy wrote:

Harvard is definitely open today. I'm a current student and I'm heading to class now.

macunaima

Postby macunaima » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 am

haroldfordIII wrote:What's the consensus on a response from HLS today? Another wave of WL's and/or rejects?

Nobody knows anything.

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:26 am

haroldfordIII wrote:What's the consensus on a response from HLS today? Another wave of WL's and/or rejects?

another round of WLs could very well be coming today, since it seems from LSN like they have a bunch still left to give out. not sure if they'll get around to dings, though.

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 am

Last edited by of Benito Cereno on Mon May 17, 2010 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Core

Postby Core » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:28 am

macunaima wrote:
BenJ wrote:
lastMinuteGuy wrote:

Harvard is definitely open today. I'm a current student and I'm heading to class now.

I hate you.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 am

Weird, but I feel this is the last chance for me to have an acceptance this year. (yes I am still dreaming) My other pendings are surely going to be WL's since they are past the deposit deadlines.

haroldfordIII

Postby haroldfordIII » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:40 am

blue5385 wrote:

another round of WLs could very well be coming today, since it seems from LSN like they have a bunch still left to give out. not sure if they'll get around to dings, though.

that scares me... :oops:

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 am

r6_philly wrote:Weird, but I feel this is the last chance for me to have an acceptance this year. (yes I am still dreaming) My other pendings are surely going to be WL's since they are past the deposit deadlines.

huh? aren't you pending at Columbia and NYU? Their deposit deadlines are May 1st.

macunaima

Postby macunaima » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:43 am

Core wrote:
macunaima wrote:

I hate you.

Oh, don't misunderstand. I'm not a current law student. I'm in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. I'm applying to the law school and I don't expect to get in.

Do you like me better now?

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:46 am

macunaima wrote:
Core wrote:
macunaima wrote:

I hate you.

Oh, don't misunderstand. I'm not a current law student. I'm in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. I'm applying to the law school and I don't expect to get in.

Harvard PhD can't hurt...

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 am

macunaima wrote:
Core wrote:
macunaima wrote:

I hate you.

Less? I have better numbers on my side, but the fact that your foot is already that much more in the door makes me feel somewhat jealous/inferior. All in good fun, what's the doctorate in?

macunaima

Postby macunaima » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 am

of Benito Cereno wrote:
macunaima wrote:
Core wrote:
macunaima wrote:

I hate you.

Harvard PhD can't hurt...

That's certainly true. But I don't think it helps a whole lot either.

The PhD is in Philosophy.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:51 am

of Benito Cereno wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Weird, but I feel this is the last chance for me to have an acceptance this year. (yes I am still dreaming) My other pendings are surely going to be WL's since they are past the deposit deadlines.

huh? aren't you pending at Columbia and NYU? Their deposit deadlines are May 1st.

They are? I guess I am wrong. Still not feeling good about those two. I haven't heard anything since I applied.

lta

Postby lta » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:52 am

macunaima wrote:
Core wrote:
macunaima wrote:

I hate you.

Why in JR's name are you applying to law school? Is it the currently miserable job prospects for philosophy profs?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”