Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ylc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:15 pm

hopin10 wrote:
ylc wrote:Well, in my rough estimate, twice as many people have posted about JR1s this year than last.


About how many for each cycle have you counted? Any trends noticed in the GPA/LSAT for the different cycles?


um, I haven't taken it to that level :D Approx 12 to approx 25, is all I remember. What I did note is that all who posted about their pre-Thanksgiving TS1s were admitted.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:17 pm

ylc wrote:
hopin10 wrote:
ylc wrote:Well, in my rough estimate, twice as many people have posted about JR1s this year than last.


About how many for each cycle have you counted? Any trends noticed in the GPA/LSAT for the different cycles?


um, I haven't taken it to that level :D Approx 12 to approx 25, is all I remember. What I did note is that all who posted about their pre-Thanksgiving TS1s were admitted.


Have you gotten your JR1 yet ylc? I remember u had a sick LSAT score.

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ylc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:23 pm

SolarWind wrote:
ylc wrote:
hopin10 wrote:
ylc wrote:Well, in my rough estimate, twice as many people have posted about JR1s this year than last.


About how many for each cycle have you counted? Any trends noticed in the GPA/LSAT for the different cycles?


um, I haven't taken it to that level :D Approx 12 to approx 25, is all I remember. What I did note is that all who posted about their pre-Thanksgiving TS1s were admitted.


Have you gotten your JR1 yet ylc? I remember u had a sick LSAT score.


I've never posted my LSAT score online, but I did participate in the June waiting thread. I had the JR1 last week.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:24 pm

ylc wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
ylc wrote:
hopin10 wrote:
About how many for each cycle have you counted? Any trends noticed in the GPA/LSAT for the different cycles?


um, I haven't taken it to that level :D Approx 12 to approx 25, is all I remember. What I did note is that all who posted about their pre-Thanksgiving TS1s were admitted.


Have you gotten your JR1 yet ylc? I remember u had a sick LSAT score.


I've never posted my LSAT score online, but I did participate in the June waiting thread. I had the JR1 last week.


Yeah I was in that thread.. and I remember somebody with that tofu icon getting a score that would put them in Harvard :mrgreen:

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ylc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:28 pm

SolarWind wrote:Yeah I was in that thread.. and I remember somebody with that tofu icon getting a score that would put them in Harvard :mrgreen:


haha, I really haven't posted it, but I'm glad I give off that sick-score impression :)

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Goddamnit no JR1 yet.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Goddamnit no JR1 yet.


+1

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby soullesswonder » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Goddamnit no JR1 yet.


I'll be floored if you don't get one at some point.

driveshaft
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby driveshaft » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:13 pm

I only applied a week ago, but I can't believe how stressed out I am already.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:15 pm

GargamelITT wrote:wooohoooo, got me a JR1!! wow, what a wait. so excited right now. submitted toward the end of sept, been complete since early october


super congrats gargamel! i was plenty confident you'd get one ;)

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Na_Swatch wrote:
catwoman wrote:
ylc wrote:
Split5 wrote:
Ken can probably tell us how members/posts are looking relative to previous cycles.


Well, in my rough estimate, twice as many people have posted about JR1s this year than last.


Either TLS is more popular this year, or they are giving out more JR1s. Seriously hope it's the former.


I think its the former.. looking on LSN the basic JR1 stats/dates count seems pretty similar


i hope it is the former too!!!

man i want that pre-thanksgiving JR2 so badly...lol

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby sfdreaming09 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Well, in my rough estimate, twice as many people have posted about JR1s this year than last.[/quote]

Either TLS is more popular this year, or they are giving out more JR1s. Seriously hope it's the former.[/quote]

I think its the former.. looking on LSN the basic JR1 stats/dates count seems pretty similar[/quote]

i hope it is the former too!!!

man i want that pre-thanksgiving JR2 so badly...lol[/quote]

There's absolutely *nothing* I wouldn't do to get one of those babies...

driveshaft
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby driveshaft » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
man i want that pre-thanksgiving JR2 so badly...lol


I've been rooting for you. Mostly because I love your avatar. Every time you post I want pineapple.

ukrainetrain
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ukrainetrain » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Just found this site and know that I am going to have a sick obsession with it for a while.

According to Compete top-law-schools had 45,861 unique visitors in October of 2008, and in October of 2009 had 72,991 unique users. So it still could be that more interviews were given out early this year, but the amount of users in the last year has increased greatly so I am sure that has something to do with it.

I had my JR1 a week or so ago. GPA above the 75th and LSAT around the 25th. I also did not feel that great about it, but did not say anything stupid ... which seems to be the norm

mhopeful
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mhopeful » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:28 pm

crackberry wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:Does anybody think that HLS claims that they make more JR1/TS1 calls than they really do so that applicants who get the interview but are later WLed/rejected don’t feel as bad/hurt/inadequate/etc. (they say that they make 1000-1100 calls and offer 830 people admission)? Because looking through past threads on TLS and LSD and data available on LSN, it seems like many more than 75% of TS1’s got a TS2. Now, of course this discrepancy could be due to people not reporting getting a TS1 but not a TS2, but this is a theory that I’ve heard from a friend who was admitted last year and it seems somewhat plausible…anybody think there’s any truth to the theory?

Haha I hope you're right but I doubt it. HLS has no reason to lie about that.



Where does it say that about how many calls they grant v. people applying? I got an interview and am trying to understand what this means

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:45 pm

mhopeful wrote:
crackberry wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:Does anybody think that HLS claims that they make more JR1/TS1 calls than they really do so that applicants who get the interview but are later WLed/rejected don’t feel as bad/hurt/inadequate/etc. (they say that they make 1000-1100 calls and offer 830 people admission)? Because looking through past threads on TLS and LSD and data available on LSN, it seems like many more than 75% of TS1’s got a TS2. Now, of course this discrepancy could be due to people not reporting getting a TS1 but not a TS2, but this is a theory that I’ve heard from a friend who was admitted last year and it seems somewhat plausible…anybody think there’s any truth to the theory?

Haha I hope you're right but I doubt it. HLS has no reason to lie about that.



Where does it say that about how many calls they grant v. people applying? I got an interview and am trying to understand what this means

Alright dude listen, since you've posted on three different threads about this I'll help you out. Harvard receives about 7,500-8,000 applications per year. They grant interviews to about 1,100 of those applicants. Of those, about 830 are offered acceptances. You have to get an interview to be accepted. An interview does not guarantee acceptance, but is generally a good sign. If you want to read about people's experiences (many of us have already had our interviews) just scroll back a few pages in this thread.

To help you understand lingo, "JR1" refers to the email you have apparently received scheduling your interview. "JR2" (which no one has yet received this cycle) is the follow-up phone call for those who are granted admission. For those who have been granted JR1s this early, they can expect to receive a JR2 (if they are admitted) before Thanksgiving (likely 11/23-11/25). If you want more clarification, read the blog post below from Josh Rubenstein himself.

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:46 pm

mhopeful wrote:
crackberry wrote:
sfdreaming09 wrote:Does anybody think that HLS claims that they make more JR1/TS1 calls than they really do so that applicants who get the interview but are later WLed/rejected don’t feel as bad/hurt/inadequate/etc. (they say that they make 1000-1100 calls and offer 830 people admission)? Because looking through past threads on TLS and LSD and data available on LSN, it seems like many more than 75% of TS1’s got a TS2. Now, of course this discrepancy could be due to people not reporting getting a TS1 but not a TS2, but this is a theory that I’ve heard from a friend who was admitted last year and it seems somewhat plausible…anybody think there’s any truth to the theory?

Haha I hope you're right but I doubt it. HLS has no reason to lie about that.



Where does it say that about how many calls they grant v. people applying? I got an interview and am trying to understand what this means


quote me. im a direct source, as good as hearing it from the mouths of HLS adcomms themselves :P

in past cycles, 1000-1100 were phone interviewed, w/ ~830 of those gaining acceptance into Harvard.

we dont know if this yr will be the same, though it probably would be (JR mayyyy shake things up a bit, i hope not lol). another thing that has people a bit miffed is whether this yr more JR1s were sent out in the EARLY batches...just based on TLS (and possibly LSN), those who received early JR1s tended to have a higher % of getting in than the overall ~75%. would it be the same this year?! haha

edit: DAMN crackberry stole my thunder, so i will have to find a way to one-up him...

crackberry wrote: Harvard receives about 7,500-8,000 applications per year.


ok, THIS cycle we can expect 7400-8000 applicants, but in the last 2 cycles, there were considerably fewer applicants (2 cycles ago 6800, last cycle 7400), but acceptances and class size (830/550 respectively) did not change. we do not expect them to open up more seats this yr or even hand out more acceptances, though the sheer increase in # of applicants may = more JR1s. maybe.

bwahaha crackberry bwahaha lol
Last edited by DoubleChecks on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Haha beat you to it DoubleChecks.

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ankit » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 am

Are there any international applicants who've gotten a JR1 invite as yet? I applied in late September and so am hoping there's a pattern to the emails going out that is exclusive of the application date.
Last edited by ankit on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:12 am

DoubleChecks wrote:bwahaha crackberry bwahaha lol

I like your style.

rickysteves
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby rickysteves » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:49 am

.
Last edited by rickysteves on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bluedolphins
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby bluedolphins » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:15 am

ankit wrote:Are there any international applicants who've gotten a JR1 invite as yet? I applied in late September and so am hoping there's a pattern to the emails going out that is exclusive of the application date.


I am an international applicant and I have received a JR1 recently. I submitted early October, so you may be getting one soon :)

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby englawyer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:02 pm

hi all,

I am a former TLS poster (June LSAT). I am not applying to HLS, but rather to HBS. I just wanted to post here because I was bored.

User avatar
go4hls
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby go4hls » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

englawyer wrote:hi all,

I am a former TLS poster (June LSAT). I am not applying to HLS, but rather to HBS. I just wanted to post here because I was bored.


LOL.

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gymboree » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:53 pm

englawyer wrote:hi all,

I am a former TLS poster (June LSAT). I am not applying to HLS, but rather to HBS. I just wanted to post here because I was bored.


June LSAT --> not applying to law schools --> applying to business schools instead
.: Owned by Dinos




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo, Houzy, notnecessarilyproper, playersball, smashbash, stratton_oakmont, Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests