Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
invisiblesun

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:53 pm

soonergirl wrote:
R6 is 100% right. This is basically an informal job interview. You always close with, "So when should I expect to hear from you again?" (though often the person will have already volunteered this info).

I see what you guys mean, but considering that some people get a JR2 3 days after the JR1 and others wait months, I'm not so sure that he would be completely forthright with that information...

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:54 pm

soonergirl wrote:
soonergirl wrote:Man, a couple of you guys would give Go West a run for their money.

speaking of which, whatever happened to PN?

He's busy sending out JR1s...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:54 pm

soonergirl wrote:
soonergirl wrote:Man, a couple of you guys would give Go West a run for their money.

I think he returned to his position at a world renowned university. lol. I don't know, his user account was purged.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

clintonius wrote:He's busy sending out JR1s...

Well if that's the case, where are ours? PN???
Last edited by r6_philly on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

clintonius wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

You have it all wrong. PN is Asha, so he's sending out AR(?)s!

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

invisiblesun wrote:Agreed. I'm not that clueless :P... but on a related note, I find it somewhat amusing that it's widely assumed that people who score very high on the LSAT are likely to be awkward or devoid of personality...a TLS poster was actually talking (likely out of his ass) about how HYS aren't the best choices because employers know that higher numbers mean worse people skills. :roll:

Also, I think I have a good idea of most of the things I'd say to JR, but I'm trying to work on the "Why Harvard" part so it doesn't come off as lavish praise...haha

The people who say this are just jealous! :evil:

Maybe my experience is an outlier, but I've found that higher LSAT scorers tend to be more personable/charismatic and have more people-oriented accomplishments to their credit in addition to academic achievements (like founding organizations, working on committees, etc.) than the average person.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
R6 is 100% right. This is basically an informal job interview. You always close with, "So when should I expect to hear from you again?" (though often the person will have already volunteered this info).

I see what you guys mean, but considering that some people get a JR2 3 days after the JR1 and others wait months, I'm not so sure that he would be completely forthright with that information...

No but you ask anyway... See if he gives you a polite answer or an ethusiastic answer.

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
clintonius wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

You have it all wrong. PN is Asha, so he's sending out AR(?)s!

I was busy doing stuff IRL when the dramatic PN exchange occurred on TLS a few days ago, but I followed it later and was surprised when his posts just disappeared & he stopped posting forever. So if he got banned, which is what I'm guessing happened, does that mean his entire posting history would be removed?

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm

blue5385 wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:Agreed. I'm not that clueless :P... but on a related note, I find it somewhat amusing that it's widely assumed that people who score very high on the LSAT are likely to be awkward or devoid of personality...a TLS poster was actually talking (likely out of his ass) about how HYS aren't the best choices because employers know that higher numbers mean worse people skills. :roll:

Also, I think I have a good idea of most of the things I'd say to JR, but I'm trying to work on the "Why Harvard" part so it doesn't come off as lavish praise...haha

The people who say this are just jealous! :evil:

Maybe my experience is an outlier, but I've found that higher LSAT scorers tend to be more personable/charismatic and have more people-oriented accomplishments to their credit in addition to academic achievements (like founding organizations, working on committees, etc.) than the average person.

Funny you say that, as I do a lot of stage performance (which doesn't necessarily require personalty but does require charisma). But yeah, I'm definitely not the type of person that your average law school candidate would think of when he/she heard 179/3.85. For starters, I'm a decent basketball player, which probably already violates those expectations :P

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm

blue5385 wrote:I was busy doing stuff IRL when the dramatic PN exchange occurred on TLS a few days ago, but I followed it later and was surprised when his posts just disappeared & he stopped posting forever. So if he got banned, which is what I'm guessing happened, does that mean his entire posting history would be removed?

depends on how the admins run things here. A poster's old posts aren't necessarily deleted just because his account is closed.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:01 pm

blue5385 wrote:I was busy doing stuff IRL when the dramatic PN exchange occurred on TLS a few days ago, but I followed it later and was surprised when his posts just disappeared & he stopped posting forever. So if he got banned, which is what I'm guessing happened, does that mean his entire posting history would be removed?

If his user account was removed instead of deactivated, all his posts will be orphaned and purged from the DB since these forums don't allow anonymous posting. His PM's are still in the DB but are now anynomous so my guess is probably right.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:04 pm

...bwuh? Wha happpen? I must have missed this.

Also, I still think that BarbaraGordon character was suspicious.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:05 pm

clintonius wrote:...bwuh? Wha happpen? I must have missed this.

I felt like there was a good possiblity that PN == BG. That would get your banned really quick.

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Agreed! Was never on the PN is a remarkable poster bandwagon (I've been lurking for far too long...), but she had a particular brand of know-it-all-ism that didn't seem entirely put on...

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:09 pm

r6_philly wrote:

I felt like there was a good possiblity that PN == BG. That would get your banned really quick.

that would be really funny if he/she was arguing with him/herself for the purpose of getting other posters all riled up

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:14 pm

blue5385 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

that would be really funny if he/she was arguing with him/herself for the purpose of getting other posters all riled up

A good troll would do that. I have seen it happen on my boards.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:17 pm

r6_philly wrote:A good troll would do that. I have seen it happen on my boards.

I've seen it, too, but honestly I don't think Peter's a good enough troll, or a good enough actor. I lurked here for a long time and saw a lot of his posts. He's an odd duck.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:18 pm

soonergirl wrote:

I've seen it, too, but honestly I don't think Peter's a good enough troll, or a good enough actor. I lurked here for a long time and saw a lot of his posts. He's an odd duck.

He did enjoy using hypos to promote arguing, and start a big fuss with an alt of an alt fits his MO pretty well.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 pm

soonergirl wrote:

Don't take it personally, but I find it really ironic that you're criticizing PN's trolling when we've devoted pages upon pages ITT talking about his trolling :P

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:27 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

Don't take it personally, but I find it really ironic that you're criticizing PN's trolling when we've devoted pages upon pages ITT talking about his trolling :P

oh. I thought we were talking about barbaragordon. I guess if PN convinced somebody to register for the sole purpose of arguing with him, that's pretty impressive. Or if he's dedicated enough to set up a dupe.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 pm

soonergirl wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

oh. I thought we were talking about barbaragordon. I guess if PN convinced somebody to register for the sole purpose of arguing with him, that's pretty impressive. Or if he's dedicated enough to set up a dupe.

Yeah, perhaps that's why he got b@; too many posts from the same IP on two accounts or something fishy....

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:44 pm

soonergirl wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

If BG never posted anywhere besides those few posts she made ITT arguing with PN, I think that would indicate she was an alt (or an alt of an alt) created by someone, quite possibly PN, for that purpose. And yeah, if the same person was both posters, that would show a highly dedicated level of trollery (and, IMO, would kinda counter PN's claims of impressive WE, since someone who has a lot of work to do probably wouldn't have the time/motivation to put so much effort into trolling on TLS).

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

blue5385 wrote:since someone who has a lot of work to do probably wouldn't have the time/motivation to put so much effort into trolling on TLS).

Speak for yourself! :mrgreen:

NightHooded

Postby NightHooded » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:55 pm

So is there a consensus what type of movement will come in the next few weeks? Is there any hope of any more JR1s and JR2s??

I am having trouble sifting the wheat from the chaff here... This is becoming the PN 2010 thread :evil:

mh7777

Postby mh7777 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 pm

So I have a new LOR on its way to HLS. Will it show up on my status checker with the other LORs? if not, I guess I can stop checking it constantly.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”