Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clintonius

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby clintonius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Does you status checker say UR February 24? That's where mine is at, though I didn't get the complete e-mail until March 4.

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:38 pm

clintonius wrote:Does you status checker say UR February 24? That's where mine is at, though I didn't get the complete e-mail until March 4.

Yup! Looks like we're in the same boat. Have you been 'Held'?

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Nope -- no hold, no JR1, no nothing. I've been expecting a ding for weeks now.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Any new JR1s lately? On a related note, would a JR1 at this point pretty much mean you're in, or could they possibly be waitlisting some new JR1s for the easy JR2 if necessary?

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm

To answer your question, the late applicants who haven't heard anything are in a better position, assuming your numbers are competitive. They're holding us others just in case all you guys turn out to be morons or psychos or whathaveyou. (here's hoping. :mrgreen:)

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Man, a couple of you guys would give Go West a run for their money.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Given the numbers of the held, my 172/3.8 is a stretch to say the least. Sogui, invisiblesun and a few others are much more likely candidates, numerically.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:48 pm

soonergirl wrote:To answer your question, the late applicants who haven't heard anything are in a better position, assuming your numbers are competitive. They're holding us others just in case all you guys turn out to be morons or psychos or whathaveyou. (here's hoping. :mrgreen:)

How does that answer my question? Haha, I'm wondering if there have been any new phone interview e-mails as well as whether a phone interview at this point means you're likely to be accepted...

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:49 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
soonergirl wrote:To answer your question, the late applicants who haven't heard anything are in a better position, assuming your numbers are competitive. They're holding us others just in case all you guys turn out to be morons or psychos or whathaveyou. (here's hoping. :mrgreen:)

How does that answer my question? Haha, I'm wondering if there have been any new phone interview e-mails as well as whether a phone interview at this point means you're likely to be accepted...

sorry. ambiguous antecedent on my part. The "your" referred to ToriM.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 pm

clintonius wrote:Given the numbers of the held, my 172/3.8 is a stretch to say the least. Sogui, invisiblesun and a few others are much more likely candidates, numerically.

at this point, numbers may not mean so much. (hopefully.)

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 pm

soonergirl wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:

sorry. ambiguous antecedent on my part. The "your" referred to ToriM.

Gotcha- sorry for my presumptuous response, haha.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:53 pm

clintonius wrote:Given the numbers of the held, my 172/3.8 is a stretch to say the least. Sogui, invisiblesun and a few others are much more likely candidates, numerically.

Haha, I love how my numbers are known despite no LSN link or TLS box. Essentially, I'm naively trying to maintain some anonymity on here just in case the adcomms troll these boards...but if they did actually try to link apps to profiles for specific candidates, I'm sure they would have sniffed me out by now if they wanted to...

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:56 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:

at this point, numbers may not mean so much. (hopefully.)

Yeah, I'm with Soonergirl (thanks for answering my question!). It's good to know that some people who applied around the same time are still absent a JR1/Hold. Bearing that in mind, I think it's nearly impossible to tell where we later applicants stand. They must clearly still be in the middle of reviewing us, otherwise we would have been held/dinged by now. Not optimistic, but still holding out a flicker of hope.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 pm

invisiblesun wrote:

Haha, I love how my numbers are known despite no LSN link or TLS box. Essentially, I'm naively trying to maintain some anonymity on here just in case the adcomms troll these boards...but if they did actually try to link apps to profiles for specific candidates, I'm sure they would have sniffed me out by now if they wanted to...

invisiblesun wrote:I'm a 171/3.86 (GPA improving from a sub-par first year, with part time work my soph and jr years) from a top public, double majoring in history/psych. Softs include being trilingual and an international internship during the summer, plus volunteer work. Chances at HYS?

There is a search user's posts feature on this site... :D

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:00 pm

CG614 wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:

invisiblesun wrote:I'm a 171/3.86 (GPA improving from a sub-par first year, with part time work my soph and jr years) from a top public, double majoring in history/psych. Softs include being trilingual and an international internship during the summer, plus volunteer work. Chances at HYS?

There is a search users posts feature on this site... :D

Haha. Majors were fudged and LSAT score was retaken and destroyed :D

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 pm

ToriM wrote:Yeah, I'm with Soonergirl (thanks for answering my question!). It's good to know that some people who applied around the same time are still absent a JR1/Hold. Bearing that in mind, I think it's nearly impossible to tell where we later applicants stand. They must clearly still be in the middle of reviewing us, otherwise we would have been held/dinged by now. Not optimistic, but still holding out a flicker of hope.
It's just really difficult to gauge where they're at in terms of reviewing apps -- they were holding folks as recently as, what, a few weeks ago? I just know that 1) I applied late in the cycle, 2) my numbers are not super competitive for Harvard, and 3) it doesn't do me any good to get all anxious. A rejection would neither surprise nor crush me (though it would certainly be sad), and a JR1 would probably make my month. In the silence I try to be neutral.

tl;dr -- patience, grasshopper

--ImageRemoved--

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 pm

CG614 wrote:There is a search users posts feature on this site... :D

This is why I address the adm deans by name when the posts are intended for them. To save them time and minimize confusion, you understand. I like to think my consideration will win me bonus points in the process.

"Hi, JR. I'm a little confused. I keep checking my caller ID, but I can't find any evidence that you've called. I'm afraid there may have been some kind of mistake. You may want to double check my file and make sure you've got the right number for me. 405.867.5309. Thx and ttys!! -- SG"

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 pm

soonergirl wrote:

This is why I address the adm deans by name when the posts are intended for them. To save them time and minimize confusion, you understand. I like to think my consideration will win me bonus points in the process.

"Hi, JR. I'm a little confused. I keep checking my caller ID, but I can't find any evidence that you've called. I'm afraid there may have been some kind of mistake. You may want to double check my file and make sure you've got the right number for me. 405.867.5309. Thx and ttys!! -- SG"

OMG YOU ACTUALLY PUT YOUR NUMBER ON HERE?!? ZOMG

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:04 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
CG614 wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:

There is a search users posts feature on this site... :D

Haha. Majors were fudged and LSAT score was retaken and destroyed :D

invisiblesun wrote:179!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!

(average PT was 177.5, for those who are concerned with differential)

Congrats, enjoy Cambridge.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:06 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

OMG YOU ACTUALLY PUT YOUR NUMBER ON HERE?!? ZOMG

Hi Jenny! Where have you been all these years? I didn't know you are dreaming of Harvard! Baby it is alright, there is no shadow on the road ahead!

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:07 pm

CG614 wrote:Congrats, enjoy Cambridge.

alternatively, if the law school thing doesn't work out, he can always get a job with Princeton Review!

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:07 pm

CG614 wrote:Congrats, enjoy Cambridge.

Since any shred of anonymity I had is obviously destroyed, I might as well let the cat out of the bag. I got a JR1 e-mail, and the phone call is scheduled for the not-so-distant future. I don't know whether to jump up and down with excitement (as I did when I first got the e-mail) or guard my optimism in case the whole JR1->WL thing happens to me. I was held in January.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Stop calling me names! It hurts my feelings!

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:Hi Jenny! Where have you been all these years?

thank goodness for other old people.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:13 pm

soonergirl wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Hi Jenny! Where have you been all these years?

thank goodness for other old people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axLRUszuu9I

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”