Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Sogui » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Peter North wrote:Btw... anyone know what's with the long pause/hiatus with JR1s? :?

When was the last time there was a JR1?


There was a LONG gap in March but there is someone a few pages back who was vigorously defending the fact that they got a JR1 this week and had the interview yesterday. (Seemed believable to me)

User avatar
BarbaraGordon
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Not YLS 2010!

Postby BarbaraGordon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm

clintonius wrote:
BarbaraGordon wrote:As to your question, a superhero never reveals her secrets. But no, I'm not personally affiliated with Harvard.
What about professionally?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snLhs_bVjE

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Not YLS 2010!

Postby dudester » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:41 pm

BarbaraGordon wrote:
clintonius wrote:
BarbaraGordon wrote:As to your question, a superhero never reveals her secrets. But no, I'm not personally affiliated with Harvard.
What about professionally?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snLhs_bVjE


You like posting YouTube videos, eh? :shock:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Not YLS 2010!

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:45 pm

dudester wrote:
BarbaraGordon wrote:
clintonius wrote:
BarbaraGordon wrote:As to your question, a superhero never reveals her secrets. But no, I'm not personally affiliated with Harvard.
What about professionally?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snLhs_bVjE


You like posting YouTube videos, eh? :shock:


--ImageRemoved--

mcdad
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mcdad » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:47 pm

I suspect that the group of people who haven't heard make up a waiting list for the waiting list, sort of like Columbia's reserve. As double admits withdraw from Harvard to commit to Yale, the people on the waiting list who most closely resemble them in terms of interest etc are admitted and someone who hasn't heard goes on the waiting list. The opposite occurs when someone sends in their deposit to Harvard. The "reserve" person is no longer needed and is sent a rejection letter/email.
All of the above is pure conjecture as I have no knowledge of the inner workings.

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Illijah » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:21 pm

mcdad wrote:I suspect that the group of people who haven't heard make up a waiting list for the waiting list, sort of like Columbia's reserve. As double admits withdraw from Harvard to commit to Yale, the people on the waiting list who most closely resemble them in terms of interest etc are admitted and someone who hasn't heard goes on the waiting list. The opposite occurs when someone sends in their deposit to Harvard. The "reserve" person is no longer needed and is sent a rejection letter/email.
[strike]All of the above is pure conjecture as I have no knowledge of the inner workings[/strike]


I choose to disregard this last sentence and hold your opinion to be the utter truth.

User avatar
iceskater1620
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby iceskater1620 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:14 pm

reawreawraew
Last edited by iceskater1620 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
invisiblesun
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby invisiblesun » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:37 pm

In before people blast iceskater1620 for not taking the time to read ANY OF THE REST OF THIS THREAD

User avatar
invisiblesun
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby invisiblesun » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:49 pm

HOLY SHIT HARVARD IS REJECTING PEOPLE FROM THE FUTURE

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/dms87

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:53 pm

invisiblesun wrote:HOLY SHIT HARVARD IS REJECTING PEOPLE FROM THE FUTURE

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/dms87


I call that visionary.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Not YLS 2010!

Postby clintonius » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:19 am

dudester wrote:
BarbaraGordon wrote:
clintonius wrote:
BarbaraGordon wrote:As to your question, a superhero never reveals her secrets. But no, I'm not personally affiliated with Harvard.
What about professionally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snLhs_bVjE

You like posting YouTube videos, eh? :shock:

And avoiding direct answers.

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby iminlstrick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:46 am

Ahem, apologies for not reading 200+ pages of this thread, in grad school aka I have no life.

Just noted, though, that for the September applicants, it seems that most activity on LSN has nothing to do with us; there have been plenty of rejections and acceptances and deferrals, but decisions that have come out recently affect October-onwards applicants.

I guess what I'm asking is -- if we haven't heard anything except a Hold and we're from the September group, does this perhaps mean we're for the most part in the WL pile, with maybe a few acceptances/rejections to go for us?

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby $1.99 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:13 pm

no one knows, but we can reasonably assume that it means VERY little acceptances, some rejections, and a ton of waitlist action for us

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby iminlstrick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:21 pm

$1.99 wrote:no one knows, but we can reasonably assume that it means VERY little acceptances, some rejections, and a ton of waitlist action for us


Lame. We could write a bad romance, HLS.

mcm814
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mcm814 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:21 pm

anyone think there will be any movement today?

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Core » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:24 pm

mcm814 wrote:anyone think there will be any movement today?

I hope so. It's been almost 6 months =\

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kretzy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:39 pm

mcm814 wrote:anyone think there will be any movement today?


I think there'll be substantial movement this week, but it's just conjecture on my part, since my hat is out of this ring now. Good luck folks :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Kretzy wrote:
mcm814 wrote:anyone think there will be any movement today?


I think there'll be substantial movement this week, but it's just conjecture on my part, since my hat is out of this ring now. Good luck folks :D


It's more reassuring reading other people's guesses :lol: so when will it start?

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby blue5385 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm

After the reject batch last Friday, I think they'll get to work on early holds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think their second ASW is coming up this weekend, and I think they will have finished the outright admits by this point to give people a chance to make travel plans.

gatordude94
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gatordude94 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 pm

blue5385 wrote:After the reject batch last Friday, I think they'll get to work on early holds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think their second ASW is coming up this weekend, and I think they will have finished the outright admits by this point to give people a chance to make travel plans.


Yeah what's the impact of ASW this weekend? Do they even admit folks this week, knowing it's too late for most to make travel plans?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:56 pm

gatordude94 wrote:
blue5385 wrote:After the reject batch last Friday, I think they'll get to work on early holds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think their second ASW is coming up this weekend, and I think they will have finished the outright admits by this point to give people a chance to make travel plans.


Yeah what's the impact of ASW this weekend? Do they even admit folks this week, knowing it's too late for most to make travel plans?


If this logic holds, shouldn't we not expect any action in any of the top schools that have ASW this weekend? :cry:

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby eattrucks » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Until r6_philly gets some news (hold or accept), I don't think the holds will see anything. However, it all may happen this week. All I can tell is that they won't be doing anything with the holds until they are done with their first review of all other apps.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Core » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 pm

eattrucks wrote:Until r6_philly gets some news (hold or accept), I don't think the holds will see anything. However, it all may happen this week. All I can tell is that they won't be doing anything with the holds until they are done with their first review of all other apps.

They haven't done this?

mcm814
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mcm814 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Core wrote:
eattrucks wrote:Until r6_philly gets some news (hold or accept), I don't think the holds will see anything. However, it all may happen this week. All I can tell is that they won't be doing anything with the holds until they are done with their first review of all other apps.

They haven't done this?


Apparently not--I know I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything yet. :(

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:01 pm

In the interest of helping everyone out, I am going to set my outlook to check mail every 15 seconds. It takes about 14 seconds for the checking process to finish, so this will be continous! :P

All decisions come by email right? I hope it's in the next couple of days. Today would be best.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellaboo, Chipotle85, doc b, lillawyer2, TecumsehSherman and 11 guests