Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschoolkrr
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lawschoolkrr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 pm

capitalacq wrote:congrats all who just got it

lawschoolkrr, don't worry about it. Most people don't think it went well, but still get that call back. As long as you didn't say something incredibly stupid, it won't hurt


Thanks for the comfort!!! but seriously, I really freaked out and gave rushed answers... I might actually be the unfortunate early jr1 but no jr2 person. well, even if that happens, i'll make sure to post for future TLSers ! :)
btw, has anyone in the past received TS1 email pre-november and not get accepted?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Seriously this waiting is killing me. And to think we probably still have another two and a half weeks until potential JR2s...(crosses fingers, knocks on wood)

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby capitalacq » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 pm

lawschoolkrr wrote:btw, has anyone in the past received TS1 email pre-november and not get accepted?

I know of one, but I really don't think it was because of the TS1... The person's #'s weren't so hot and the TS1 was a bit of surprise. I'd be willing to bet that the TS1 wasn't the reason they didn't get in

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

capitalacq wrote:
lawschoolkrr wrote:btw, has anyone in the past received TS1 email pre-november and not get accepted?

I know of one, but I really don't think it was because of the TS1... The person's #'s weren't so hot and the TS1 was a bit of surprise. I'd be willing to bet that the TS1 wasn't the reason they didn't get in

I will likely repeat this trend. Total shock for me to get the JR1.

nycsource
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nycsource » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:36 pm

capitalacq wrote:
lawschoolkrr wrote:btw, has anyone in the past received TS1 email pre-november and not get accepted?

I know of one, but I really don't think it was because of the TS1... The person's #'s weren't so hot and the TS1 was a bit of surprise. I'd be willing to bet that the TS1 wasn't the reason they didn't get in


what was the ballpark range for that person's numbers?

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby capitalacq » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:42 pm

nycsource wrote:
capitalacq wrote:
lawschoolkrr wrote:btw, has anyone in the past received TS1 email pre-november and not get accepted?

I know of one, but I really don't think it was because of the TS1... The person's #'s weren't so hot and the TS1 was a bit of surprise. I'd be willing to bet that the TS1 wasn't the reason they didn't get in


what was the ballpark range for that person's numbers?


I honestly don't know the exact #'s, but I'm pretty sure LSAT was like 169 and GPA was hovering around the median, non-URM.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I'm schedule for next friday.... friday the 13th! lol isn't that a little late for a Thanksgiving acceptance? I would have to get JR2 the week after, which is doubtful. Oh well I'm happy I was even considered for an interview :mrgreen:

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:09 pm

lz06 wrote:Thanks for the congrats everyone! I'm schedule for next friday.... friday the 13th! lol isn't that a little late for a Thanksgiving acceptance? I would have to get JR2 the week after, which is doubtful. Oh well I'm happy I was even considered for an interview :mrgreen:


At some points in previous cycles I think people received TS2 within a couple days of TS1. Congrats and good luck!

User avatar
Kên
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kên » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Good luck to you all! I hope all of the JR1s get pre-Thanksgiving acceptances! You're all very deserving.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:33 pm

capitalacq wrote:congrats all who just got it

lawschoolkrr, don't worry about it. Most people don't think it went well, but still get that call back. As long as you didn't say something incredibly stupid, it won't hurt


man, i wish mine was recorded so i could go back w/ a clear head and see if i said anything stupid :P lol

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 pm

lawschoolkrr wrote:
capitalacq wrote:congrats all who just got it

lawschoolkrr, don't worry about it. Most people don't think it went well, but still get that call back. As long as you didn't say something incredibly stupid, it won't hurt


Thanks for the comfort!!! but seriously, I really freaked out and gave rushed answers... I might actually be the unfortunate early jr1 but no jr2 person. well, even if that happens, i'll make sure to post for future TLSers ! :)
btw, has anyone in the past received TS1 email pre-november and not get accepted?


on one thread last cycle about TS2s, all users who posted got it (eventually) -- this includes ones who were worried about NOT getting it w/ the first batch (they got it later in dec) -- im sure there are some who didnt post on the thread at all and never got it, but everyone who posted in it who had a TS1 got a TS2 (all reposted)

but this yr could be different...especially w/ the whole 'get back to you in 2 months' bit

emptybee
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby emptybee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:43 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:but this yr could be different...especially w/ the whole 'get back to you in 2 months' bit



What do you mean by "months bit"? I have my JR1 invitation but haven't had the call yet, is this something he says at the end if you ask when you'll hear?

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ylc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:52 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
on one thread last cycle about TS2s, all users who posted got it (eventually) -- this includes ones who were worried about NOT getting it w/ the first batch (they got it later in dec) -- im sure there are some who didnt post on the thread at all and never got it, but everyone who posted in it who had a TS1 got a TS2 (all reposted)

but this yr could be different...especially w/ the whole 'get back to you in 2 months' bit


I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read on last year's threads somewhere that the wording on the complete e-mail was exactly the same (including the mention of 2 months).

emptybee
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby emptybee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:54 pm

As of today, your application to Harvard Law School is complete. This means that we have received and assembled all required materials and submitted your application for review. Applications are reviewed roughly in order of their completion dates and many applications become complete on approximately the same date.

The time it takes to review an application and notify a candidate of the Committee's decision varies from case to case. It normally takes about two months from the date of submission to the committee for a decision to be made and notification sent. During that period, your application is under consideration in the Committee. We will notify you promptly once a decision is made. Those decision notifications will be made via email.

picaresco
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby picaresco » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:55 pm

emptybee wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:but this yr could be different...especially w/ the whole 'get back to you in 2 months' bit



What do you mean by "months bit"? I have my JR1 invitation but haven't had the call yet, is this something he says at the end if you ask when you'll hear?


At a bunch of the info sessions, the rep mentioned that they were going to try and make a decision (admit/waitlist/rejection decision, they'll probably still be pulling people off the waitlist as they go) within 2 months--from completion, I imagine.

Also: Had my JR1! Went well, I think.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:22 pm

emptybee wrote:As of today, your application to Harvard Law School is complete. This means that we have received and assembled all required materials and submitted your application for review. Applications are reviewed roughly in order of their completion dates and many applications become complete on approximately the same date.

The time it takes to review an application and notify a candidate of the Committee's decision varies from case to case. It normally takes about two months from the date of submission to the committee for a decision to be made and notification sent. During that period, your application is under consideration in the Committee. We will notify you promptly once a decision is made. Those decision notifications will be made via email.


yes, it is something they said from info sessions. apparently last cycle's decision to do the bulk of waitlists at like april was a "very bad idea" - i THINK KB mentioned that, but im not 100% sure lol

thats what i mean by the change, and i dont know if that will affect how many more JR1's go out earlier

exeunt
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby exeunt » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:16 am

Those decision notifications will be made via email.


Wait so.. does that mean just an email instead of a JR2? :?

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:18 am

exeunt wrote:
Those decision notifications will be made via email.


Wait so.. does that mean just an email instead of a JR2? :?


I was looking at that and wondering the same thing. Anyone know if they used different wording in previous years?

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby catwoman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:37 am

T14 wrote:
exeunt wrote:
Those decision notifications will be made via email.


Wait so.. does that mean just an email instead of a JR2? :?


I was looking at that and wondering the same thing. Anyone know if they used different wording in previous years?


...
Last edited by catwoman on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sayan
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby sayan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:12 am

Hum, I still haven't applied because I'm paranoid about my PS (I think it's somewhat generic). 4.08/176 with leadership softs... can someone put me in perspective?

I seriously have issues :|

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby iminlstrick » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 am

sayan wrote:Hum, I still haven't applied because I'm paranoid about my PS (I think it's somewhat generic). 4.08/176 with leadership softs... can someone put me in perspective?

I seriously have issues :|


At least you're honest about your neurosis. Accepting that you have a problem is a step in the right direction... ;) Seriously though, everyone has troubles with the PS, your numbers are great, don't be too hard on yourself!

Shadyb
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Shadyb » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:00 am

The acceptances will be by phone, not e-mail.

Just a note - it always annoys me when people get all paranoid about not posting too much information, i.e. their numbers. So I asked JR this year, and he said he doesn't come on the forums and try to match applicants to their avatars. No one cares if you share what's going on in the process, it's not a secret! Just a pet peeve...

Anyway, best of luck everyone, hope to be seeing some of you in Cambridge next year!

User avatar
Chichaca
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Chichaca » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:21 am

Shadyb wrote:The acceptances will be by phone, not e-mail.

Just a note - it always annoys me when people get all paranoid about not posting too much information, i.e. their numbers. So I asked JR this year, and he said he doesn't come on the forums and try to match applicants to their avatars. No one cares if you share what's going on in the process, it's not a secret! Just a pet peeve...

Anyway, best of luck everyone, hope to be seeing some of you in Cambridge next year!

But I think a lot of the paranoia is about other schools, some of which have admitted that they actually do come on the forums. I would have no problem with JR coming on this forum and figuring out who I am (Harvard, if you're reading this, I love you!), but if one of my target schools came on and figured out that Harvard is obviously my first choice, that would be bad.
Anyway, I've been pretty casual about posting my numbers, but I don't have them in my profile for the reason stated above, and I totally understand why some people play it safer than that.

Shadyb
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Shadyb » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:58 am

Yeah, I understand if someone just doesn't give their numbers, it just annoys me when people say thing like: these aren't my real numbers, but they're "functionally equivalent," or otherwise act as if they are superspies. If you don't want to give your numbers, then don't, but there's no need to make a big deal out of it!

Anyway, it's just a silly pet peeve...

psychomohel
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby psychomohel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Shadyb wrote:Yeah, I understand if someone just doesn't give their numbers, it just annoys me when people say thing like: these aren't my real numbers, but they're "functionally equivalent," or otherwise act as if they are superspies. If you don't want to give your numbers, then don't, but there's no need to make a big deal out of it!

Anyway, it's just a silly pet peeve...


The numbers I posted in my profile are equivalent under an isomorphism to my real numbers.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”