Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 pm

MTC87 wrote:
Illijah wrote:Whats the general opinion on sending both a written and emailed LOCI's simultaneously?


no general opinion. some do it, some think it's weird. like, would you address in your email that a written letter has also been sent by postal mail? seems like that would throw off the flow of the letter. postal mail really doesn't take very long these days.

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:42 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:
georgina wrote:
Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.


agreed! i'm counting on a splitter batch.

+180


I dunno it seems like the 3.75, 177-179 is closer to a splitter for H this year.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby blue5385 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.


pleeeeeease let this be close to the truth :D

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.


why do you think this? Because the GPA quartiles are crazy high right now?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see [strike]a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.[/strike] a single 3.9/170 gay admit


:D

lawgod
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lawgod » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:44 pm

im looking for a 176/4.1 ORM (over represented minority :D ) admit

User avatar
ConMan345
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ConMan345 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see [strike]a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.[/strike] a single 3.9/170 gay admit


:D


*sends pro-Kretzy vibes to JR*

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 pm

MTC87 wrote:
Illijah wrote:Whats the general opinion on sending both a written and emailed LOCI's simultaneously?


I asked over the phone and was told one (in my case email) is enough. It was said in a manner that'd suggest sending both would not be a good idea.

zarathustra
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zarathustra » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:52 pm

I was put on hold not too long ago. I'm thinking of sending a LOCI, but I really have nothing to say. FML.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28010
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 am

adameus wrote:
Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.


why do you think this? Because the GPA quartiles are crazy high right now?


I was just kidding with a poaster here I know that has those numbers. Honestly I haven't contributed anything of value to this forum in like four weeks.

cincinnatus
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby cincinnatus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 am

Hello everyone! This is my first post :) There is nobody where I live to share the anxiety of this process so I've enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences here.

I got an e-mail for my Harvard phone interview much more quickly than I would have anticipated (before my app was complete) but I haven't heard anything in the two weeks since then. I think there have been about two waves of admissions since then, including students who interviewed the same day as I did.

It makes me feel like my application was interesting enough to merit an interview, but my interview was bad enough to make them wonder, "Do we really want this guy?" If I were to get a hold at this point (when they have been admitting formerly held students), would that be pretty much the same as a rejection for me?

Incidentally, my numbers are 3.99/172. My LSN profile also uses "cincinnatus" :) Congratulations to those who have been admitted so far, and good luck for all of us who are still worrying.

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 am

cincinnatus wrote:Hello everyone! This is my first post :) There is nobody where I live to share the anxiety of this process so I've enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences here.

I got an e-mail for my Harvard phone interview much more quickly than I would have anticipated (before my app was complete) but I haven't heard anything in the two weeks since then. I think there have been about two waves of admissions since then, including students who interviewed the same day as I did.

It makes me feel like my application was interesting enough to merit an interview, but my interview was bad enough to make them wonder, "Do we really want this guy?" If I were to get a hold at this point (when they have been admitting formerly held students), would that be pretty much the same as a rejection for me?

Incidentally, my numbers are 3.99/172. My LSN profile also uses "cincinnatus" :) Congratulations to those who have been admitted so far, and good luck for all of us who are still worrying.


Your question is fairer than a lot that have been asked, and you've clearly actually read a lot of the thread, but I wish people would stop asking if one thing means something else. People have been asking if going complete before phone interview means they're rejected, going complete after phone interview means rejected, being held means rejected, being held means waitlisted, not hearing anything for a month means rejected, etc. You'll know you've been rejected if you get rejected. If you get a hold at this point it will mean that your application is being put off for a decision later and nobody here can really tell you how that will turn out, particularly in this year with a new admissions dean.

cincinnatus
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby cincinnatus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 am

Fair enough. Such posts, mine included, mostly amount to worry-inspired hoping for people to reassure us. We know that nobody else really has a better idea than we do, but there is a false sense of security in being reassured by a confident stranger.

Although I wouldn't have minded some conjecture, I do appreciate your honesty :)

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Zara » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:45 am

cincinnatus wrote:Hello everyone! This is my first post :) There is nobody where I live to share the anxiety of this process so I've enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences here.

I got an e-mail for my Harvard phone interview much more quickly than I would have anticipated (before my app was complete) but I haven't heard anything in the two weeks since then. I think there have been about two waves of admissions since then, including students who interviewed the same day as I did.

It makes me feel like my application was interesting enough to merit an interview, but my interview was bad enough to make them wonder, "Do we really want this guy?" If I were to get a hold at this point (when they have been admitting formerly held students), would that be pretty much the same as a rejection for me?

Incidentally, my numbers are 3.99/172. My LSN profile also uses "cincinnatus" :) Congratulations to those who have been admitted so far, and good luck for all of us who are still worrying.


for what it's worth jr doesn't always call the first week or so after the jr1 even if he is going to admit you. Englawyer and I both missed the calls that went out for our jr1 group and we both got the jr2 a week or two later. Also my stats are almost identical to yours: 4.0/172. so try not to worry and good luck!

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:05 am

cincinnatus wrote:Fair enough. Such posts, mine included, mostly amount to worry-inspired hoping for people to reassure us. We know that nobody else really has a better idea than we do, but there is a false sense of security in being reassured by a confident stranger.

Although I wouldn't have minded some conjecture, I do appreciate your honesty :)


Welllllll, with that said... I'm thinking and hoping that JR has a giant pile of people with good numbers from whom he is going to choose soon, so just sit tight until he starts sending waitlists out. At worst you'll be waitlisted, I think.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 am

Kronk wrote:
adameus wrote:
Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.


why do you think this? Because the GPA quartiles are crazy high right now?


I was just kidding with a poaster here I know that has those numbers. Honestly I haven't contributed anything of value [strike]to this forum in like four weeks[/strike] since i've joined tls.


ftfy bro

but good luck nevertheless dude

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Core » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:21 am

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
cincinnatus wrote:Fair enough. Such posts, mine included, mostly amount to worry-inspired hoping for people to reassure us. We know that nobody else really has a better idea than we do, but there is a false sense of security in being reassured by a confident stranger.

Although I wouldn't have minded some conjecture, I do appreciate your honesty :)


Welllllll, with that said... I'm thinking and hoping that JR has a giant pile of people with good numbers from whom he is going to choose soon, so just sit tight until he starts sending waitlists out. At worst you'll be waitlisted, I think.

There are a couple waitlists on LSN. Those are probably just holds, though.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:47 am

Core wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
cincinnatus wrote:Fair enough. Such posts, mine included, mostly amount to worry-inspired hoping for people to reassure us. We know that nobody else really has a better idea than we do, but there is a false sense of security in being reassured by a confident stranger.

Although I wouldn't have minded some conjecture, I do appreciate your honesty :)


Welllllll, with that said... I'm thinking and hoping that JR has a giant pile of people with good numbers from whom he is going to choose soon, so just sit tight until he starts sending waitlists out. At worst you'll be waitlisted, I think.

There are a couple waitlists on LSN. Those are probably just holds, though.

they are holds.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
Kronk wrote:
adameus wrote:
Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.


why do you think this? Because the GPA quartiles are crazy high right now?


I was just kidding with a poaster here I know that has those numbers. Honestly I haven't contributed anything of value [strike]to this forum in like four weeks[/strike] since i've joined tls.


ftfy bro

but good luck nevertheless dude

Damn, you beat me to it.

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Herb Watchfell » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
Kronk wrote:
adameus wrote:
Kronk wrote:I think we'll probably see a bunch of 179 / 3.4 admits, fwiw.


why do you think this? Because the GPA quartiles are crazy high right now?


I was just kidding with a poaster here I know that has those numbers. Honestly I haven't contributed anything of value [strike]to this forum in like four weeks[/strike] since i've joined tls.


ftfy bro

but good luck nevertheless dude


Word. Even I've made more substantive contributions to this forum than that punk-bitch Kronk.

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CG614 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:39 am

Any new JR 1 e-mails today? Let the waiting know!

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby of Benito Cereno » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 am

CG614 wrote:Any new JR 1 e-mails today? Let the waiting know!


I think people are keeping their JR1s under wraps until they get a JR2 at this point. Is the consensus that they come out on fridays?

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:32 am

of Benito Cereno wrote:
CG614 wrote:Any new JR 1 e-mails today? Let the waiting know!


I think people are keeping their JR1s under wraps until they get a JR2 at this point.


really? why? i think hls is still big enough that anonymity is preserved. unless they think there's shame in being a jr1-no-jr2? :(

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby of Benito Cereno » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:48 am

georgina wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
CG614 wrote:Any new JR 1 e-mails today? Let the waiting know!


I think people are keeping their JR1s under wraps until they get a JR2 at this point.


really? why? i think hls is still big enough that anonymity is preserved. unless they think there's shame in being a jr1-no-jr2? :(

well, I just haven't seen many "I just got a JR1 email" post in quite some months.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:09 am

georgina wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
CG614 wrote:Any new JR 1 e-mails today? Let the waiting know!


I think people are keeping their JR1s under wraps until they get a JR2 at this point.


really? why? i think hls is still big enough that anonymity is preserved. unless they think there's shame in being a jr1-no-jr2? :(


Now that jr1s are pretty rare it would be very easy for an adcomm from HLS to notice who said they got a JR1 and compare it to post history to figure out who that person is. Unlike in the past when huge batches went out and it would be really hard to tell who was who. In addition to that, it would be even easier for them to tell who was held then JR1.

Given it appears they have an overabundance of qualified applications they are looking for reasons to WL or reject applicants more than they are looking for reasons to accept... For some their post history may give them a reason to WL or reject. Thus people are more inclinded to keep the information private now then in the past..




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests