Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28010
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:51 pm

starr126 wrote:
BenJ wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Held today. Man is that a late hold. And I don't get why you think a hold at this point is tantamount to a waitlist. They're different things.


Sorry to hear that, and weird that they're holding people so late, especially someone who applied a while ago like you. I mean, I could imagine someone like myself or a January applicant getting held now, but a pre-Winter Break applicant? Just crazy.

Still no hold here. And no rejection. And no JR1. *sigh*


+1. i went through my entire spam folder today hoping i had maybe missed the jr1 email. alas.


You still would've got the phone call.

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:02 pm

violaboy wrote:
H hasn't begun a waitlist. And perhaps they want to look at the file better. I've probably become pessimistic because my file has been under review since September.


i first read your post as "my life has been under review since September," and for me, that statement pretty much holds true, too.

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby violaboy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:16 pm

georgina wrote:
violaboy wrote:
H hasn't begun a waitlist. And perhaps they want to look at the file better. I've probably become pessimistic because my file has been under review since September.


i first read your post as "my life has been under review since September," and for me, that statement pretty much holds true, too.


Yeah, no kidding. I'm still waiting on three schools and they've all had my file since September.

NightHooded
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NightHooded » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:26 pm

violaboy wrote:
georgina wrote:
violaboy wrote:
H hasn't begun a waitlist. And perhaps they want to look at the file better. I've probably become pessimistic because my file has been under review since September.


i first read your post as "my life has been under review since September," and for me, that statement pretty much holds true, too.


Yeah, no kidding. I'm still waiting on three schools and they've all had my file since September.


When applying in Sept/Oct, I never thought schools would really take this long. Had the idea we'd all find out, in most instances, by early Feb :|

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby violaboy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:29 pm

NightHooded wrote:
violaboy wrote:
georgina wrote:
violaboy wrote:
H hasn't begun a waitlist. And perhaps they want to look at the file better. I've probably become pessimistic because my file has been under review since September.


i first read your post as "my life has been under review since September," and for me, that statement pretty much holds true, too.


Yeah, no kidding. I'm still waiting on three schools and they've all had my file since September.


When applying in Sept/Oct, I never thought schools would really take this long. Had the idea we'd all find out, in most instances, by early Feb :|


Yeah, Stanford is the only place that has said absolutely nothing. At least Harvard and NYU asked me to update my file.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:31 pm

I think if they were still holding onto your file to keep it for later review they would simply keep you under review. I don't see how Hold is not equal to a pre-waitlist waitlist.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby $1.99 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:46 pm

take some advice from me guys, as a january held shmoe, ive given up on trying to figure out what is going to happen, i am just going to drink scotch and immerse myself in movies and video games until i get an email from harvard stating what they decided

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:04 pm

another one of those mondays with no calls? i honestly don't know why i bother waking up on mondays with such nervous anticipation still. it's a real problem.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swimbrad » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:06 pm

georgina wrote:another one of those mondays with no calls? i honestly don't know why i bother waking up on mondays with such nervous anticipation still. it's a real problem.

QFT

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby violaboy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:11 pm

$1.99 wrote:take some advice from me guys, as a january held shmoe, ive given up on trying to figure out what is going to happen, i am just going to drink scotch and immerse myself in movies and video games until i get an email from harvard stating what they decided


I'm just getting myself excited about the other places where I'll be visiting! :D

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kretzy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 pm

$1.99 wrote:take some advice from me guys, as a january held shmoe, ive given up on trying to figure out what is going to happen, i am just going to drink scotch and immerse myself in movies and video games until i get an email from harvard stating what they decided


I've switched to Old Forester bourbon in order to stay cost-effective with the amount I've been drinking all cycle...

User avatar
invisiblesun
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby invisiblesun » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:44 pm

$1.99 wrote:take some advice from me guys, as a january held shmoe, ive given up on trying to figure out what is going to happen, i am just going to drink scotch and immerse myself in movies and video games until i get an email from harvard stating what they decided


Unfortunately for me, I am trying to finish a senior thesis, and that would be a terrible idea...[sigh]

Also, scotch + video games sounds like a headache to me, haha

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby eattrucks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 am

Held 3/12. Oddly, this has gotten my hopes up (I didn't go complete 'til 1/11). Mailed in LOCI today. Please JR1 come soon!

User avatar
chinny123
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby chinny123 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 am

Are holds via email or regular mail?

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 am

eattrucks wrote:Held 3/12. Oddly, this has gotten my hopes up (I didn't go complete 'til 1/11). Mailed in LOCI today. Please JR1 come soon!

same here. it really got my hopes up when I got held a month back and as I sent in new letters, loci, and transcript I kept saying to myself with each new submission: this is definitely it, this will tip the scales for a JR1... yea, don't the whole process has to take so long and why they need to hold/waitlist so many applicants.

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby bloodonthetracks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 am

eattrucks wrote:Held 3/12. Oddly, this has gotten my hopes up (I didn't go complete 'til 1/11). Mailed in LOCI today. Please JR1 come soon!


when did you apply?

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:39 am

any new JR1s this week? last week?

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 pm

$1.99 wrote:take some advice from me guys, as a january held shmoe, ive given up on trying to figure out what is going to happen, i am just going to drink scotch and immerse myself in movies and video games until i get an email from harvard stating what they decided


i wish i could do that (minus the scotch part). i am dejected, but somehow i can't let go of hope. ugh

i don't see why harvard has to wait until april to send out WLs? i mean, if any of us have been definitively WLed, it'd be nice albeit painful to know.

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby eattrucks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
eattrucks wrote:Held 3/12. Oddly, this has gotten my hopes up (I didn't go complete 'til 1/11). Mailed in LOCI today. Please JR1 come soon!


when did you apply?


Sent in app early December, but didn't go complete because of December LSAT (only got 167 in October).

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby eattrucks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:16 pm

chinny123 wrote:Are holds via email or regular mail?



Email for me.

goreman
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby goreman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Benito -- I got both my JR1 and my JR2 last week, so they are definitely still going through files.

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby eattrucks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:47 pm

goreman wrote:Benito -- I got both my JR1 and my JR2 last week, so they are definitely still going through files.

When did you apply, goreman?

goreman
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby goreman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:55 pm

I applied in early October and was complete on 10/22. I got the hold email on 1/25 and have been waiting ever since. I got the JR1 email 3/4, did the JR1 3/10, got JR2 (email) on 3/12.

User avatar
eattrucks
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby eattrucks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:13 pm

That's a long wait man. Congrats

epicfail
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby epicfail » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:34 pm

I applied at the beginning of December and went complete mid-January, but haven't heard a thing since. Mailed a LOCI at the beginning of last week, and Columbia needs a deposit by the first of April. Anything to do but wait (and hope)?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic, Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests