Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:36 pm

It seems like GPA is weighed heavily right now

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Amelie » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:37 pm

booby87 wrote:
emptybee wrote:Got my JR1 today...sent 10/21/09. The complete came 10 minutes after the JR1. Scheduled for 11/13.

172 and 4.0 (slightly fudged) here.



Submitted same day... complete email but no JR1 :(



Same here :cry:

User avatar
Saya
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:33 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Saya » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:37 pm

booby87 wrote:
emptybee wrote:Got my JR1 today...sent 10/21/09. The complete came 10 minutes after the JR1. Scheduled for 11/13.

172 and 4.0 (slightly fudged) here.



Submitted same day... complete email but no JR1 :(


+1 I fear this doesn't bode well. :(

User avatar
catwoman
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby catwoman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:38 pm

...
Last edited by catwoman on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawgunner75
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lawgunner75 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:48 pm

What does JR1 stand for?!!??!

User avatar
bottomshelf
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby bottomshelf » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Saya wrote:
booby87 wrote:
emptybee wrote:Got my JR1 today...sent 10/21/09. The complete came 10 minutes after the JR1. Scheduled for 11/13.

172 and 4.0 (slightly fudged) here.



Submitted same day... complete email but no JR1 :(


+1 I fear this doesn't bode well. :(


ack! same happened to me...

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:05 pm

wonder whether it's time to throw in the towel, or at least stop getting my hopes up. i'm well within the green on LSN and LSP, but have feared for a while my lack of softs would do me in. applied ~6 weeks ago and not a word (other than a complete email). sigh.

User avatar
go4hls
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby go4hls » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:07 pm

bottomshelf wrote:
Saya wrote:
booby87 wrote:
emptybee wrote:Got my JR1 today...sent 10/21/09. The complete came 10 minutes after the JR1. Scheduled for 11/13.

172 and 4.0 (slightly fudged) here.



Submitted same day... complete email but no JR1 :(


+1 I fear this doesn't bode well. :(


ack! same happened to me...


Hmmm, same here. Same submittal date, went under review 10/28, and got the complete email today, but no JR1. Is the JR1 usually sent out before or slightly (like a few minutes) after the complete email? Or are these cases the exceptions and most ppl hear back a while (i.e. a few days) after their complete email?

HowardRoark
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby HowardRoark » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Ive never used TLS before, but have SCOURED it in search of information. So, for all of you who are doing the same I figure i'd post too.
Went complete and got the JR1 within 5 minutes of each other. I submitted on October 20th.
Roughly a 175 3.85 or the equivalent thereof.
Best of luck.

User avatar
bottomshelf
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:26 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby bottomshelf » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm

anyone remember what happened last year?

edit: w/r/t the complete + no immediate e-mail?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:09 pm

go4hls wrote:Hmmm, same here. Same submittal date, went under review 10/28, and got the complete email today, but no JR1. Is the JR1 usually sent out before or slightly (like a few minutes) after the complete email? Or are these cases the exceptions and most ppl hear back a while (i.e. a few days) after their complete email?

I got the complete email on 9/29 and my JR1 invitation on 10/26.

alleyoop86
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby alleyoop86 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:12 pm

do JR1s usually get sent out only once a day, early in the morning?

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby booby87 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 pm

.
Last edited by booby87 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm

GargamelITT wrote:wonder whether it's time to throw in the towel, or at least stop getting my hopes up. i'm well within the green on LSN and LSP, but have feared for a while my lack of softs would do me in. applied ~6 weeks ago and not a word (other than a complete email). sigh.


dont give up hope just for that reason ~ imo, my softs are weak to at BEST average compared to most TLSers haha

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:23 pm

alleyoop86 wrote:do JR1s usually get sent out only once a day, early in the morning?


i got mine in the afternoon...but i dont know if he's changing it up since i got mine early in the cycle, and this whole complete email/JR1 thing didnt apply then

User avatar
booby87
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby booby87 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:38 pm

.
Last edited by booby87 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

village-idiot
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby village-idiot » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Just got an email asking me to apply! Not a fee waiver or anything ha, but definitely still quite excited.

suckafree
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby suckafree » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:45 pm

I just got my complete email today! I submitted on 10-19. Although I am a reverse splitter, I hope that my softs will make up for it...

User avatar
joshikousei
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby joshikousei » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 pm

bottomshelf wrote:anyone remember what happened last year?

edit: w/r/t the complete + no immediate e-mail?


all over the place, no good trend.

early in the cycle, people tended to get the TS1 emails before the complete emails. in the middle/toward the end, the TS1 timing was less predictable (could come before or after the complete).

this year, the TS1 emails seem to come just as the complete emails come. maybe the adcom has a more systematic thing going on now.

User avatar
joshikousei
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby joshikousei » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:57 pm

GargamelITT wrote:wonder whether it's time to throw in the towel, or at least stop getting my hopes up. i'm well within the green on LSN and LSP, but have feared for a while my lack of softs would do me in. applied ~6 weeks ago and not a word (other than a complete email). sigh.


rooting for you.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:19 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:wonder whether it's time to throw in the towel, or at least stop getting my hopes up. i'm well within the green on LSN and LSP, but have feared for a while my lack of softs would do me in. applied ~6 weeks ago and not a word (other than a complete email). sigh.


dont give up hope just for that reason ~ imo, my softs are weak to at BEST average compared to most TLSers haha


well, at this point, it wouldn't giving up just for that reason - it would be giving up based on the combination of that and having sat in the dark for six weeks. i mean, it's clear at this point that my app has been read and passed over, maybe multiple times, and that they weren't impressed enough the first time through to give me a call. i certainly didn't expect to be an auto-admit, but also can't help but wonder how likely it is for them to change their minds and find something they like where they weren't previously impressed.

i understand the concept of waiting until more apps come in in order to be able to evaluate earlier apps in a more comprehensive context, and i assume that's what's being done to mine (and other early JR1-less applicants). but i'm not optimistic about the success rate of applicants who are put in that position

joshikousei wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:wonder whether it's time to throw in the towel, or at least stop getting my hopes up. i'm well within the green on LSN and LSP, but have feared for a while my lack of softs would do me in. applied ~6 weeks ago and not a word (other than a complete email). sigh.


rooting for you.

thank you, that makes two of us :)
Last edited by Lmao Zedong on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emptybee
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby emptybee » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:25 pm

I'd be careful about jumping to conclusions about early JR1 = near admit, at least to the same degree as it did last year. With a new dean, maybe he's interviewing more people than they're going to accept. Especially given the relative shift in early JR1's (i.e. high GPA/strong softs/~25th LSAT (like me)). I can't imagine HLS making a quasi-significant paradigm shift in who they accept.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 pm

emptybee wrote:Especially given the relative shift in early JR1's (i.e. high GPA/strong softs/~25th LSAT (like me)). I can't imagine HLS making a quasi-significant paradigm shift in who they accept.


hmm, yeah it seems like this is actually still going on, interestingly enough. how many confirmed cases have we seen of sub-3.8 JR1s? just two, to my recollection - there was a 3.69/179 someone pointed out on LSN and msoftceo in this thread, who reported being a traditional splitter. it seems like the strong majority of the JR1s we have seen have had GPAs above median, but LSATs have spanned the full range from 25 to 75 and above

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 pm

GargamelITT wrote:well, at this point, it wouldn't giving up just for that reason - it would be giving up based on the combination of that and having sat in the dark for six weeks. i mean, it's clear at this point that my app has been read and passed over, maybe multiple times, and that they weren't impressed enough the first time through to give me a call. i certainly didn't expect to be an auto-admit, but also can't help but wonder how likely it is for them to change their minds and find something they like where they weren't previously impressed.

i understand the concept of waiting until more apps come in in order to be able to evaluate earlier apps in a more comprehensive context, and i assume that's what's being done to mine (and other early JR1-less applicants). but i'm not optimistic about the success rate of applicants who are put in that position


Gargamel I'm in the same boat! I'm not feeling optimistic at all either..

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:57 pm

lz06 wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:well, at this point, it wouldn't giving up just for that reason - it would be giving up based on the combination of that and having sat in the dark for six weeks. i mean, it's clear at this point that my app has been read and passed over, maybe multiple times, and that they weren't impressed enough the first time through to give me a call. i certainly didn't expect to be an auto-admit, but also can't help but wonder how likely it is for them to change their minds and find something they like where they weren't previously impressed.

i understand the concept of waiting until more apps come in in order to be able to evaluate earlier apps in a more comprehensive context, and i assume that's what's being done to mine (and other early JR1-less applicants). but i'm not optimistic about the success rate of applicants who are put in that position


Gargamel I'm in the same boat! I'm not feeling optimistic at all either..


Same boat, no optimism for my top choice :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BodieBroadus, derekne, Gaaooo, Google Adsense [Bot], Maaza, mdu, rationalhound, samsamthomas and 16 guests