Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:56 pm

BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm

crackberry wrote:BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.


BioE didn't get into Harvarddddddd! BioE didn't get into Harvardddd! YAY!!! Yay!!!
too bad he wouldn't considering going there even if he did...

CordeliusX
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CordeliusX » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:04 pm

TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.


BioE didn't get into Harvarddddddd! BioE didn't get into Harvardddd! YAY!!! Yay!!!
too bad he wouldn't considering going there even if he did...


Don't jinx the guy until he hears back... in fact, given his stats, you're jinxing the whole held population :mrgreen:

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm

CordeliusX wrote:
TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.


BioE didn't get into Harvarddddddd! BioE didn't get into Harvardddd! YAY!!! Yay!!!
too bad he wouldn't considering going there even if he did...


Don't jinx the guy until he hears back... in fact, given his stats, you're jinxing the whole held population :mrgreen:


Haha...he knows mine is in good fun...I think he rather get WL anyways so that he can eliminate the option

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm

CordeliusX wrote:
TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.


BioE didn't get into Harvarddddddd! BioE didn't get into Harvardddd! YAY!!! Yay!!!
too bad he wouldn't considering going there even if he did...


Don't jinx the guy until he hears back... in fact, given his stats, you're jinxing the whole held population :mrgreen:

To be fair, JR probably hates Cal, which is why BioE hasn't heard back. Hard to blame the guy.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm

crackberry wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:
TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.


BioE didn't get into Harvarddddddd! BioE didn't get into Harvardddd! YAY!!! Yay!!!
too bad he wouldn't considering going there even if he did...


Don't jinx the guy until he hears back... in fact, given his stats, you're jinxing the whole held population :mrgreen:

To be fair, JR probably hates Cal, which is why BioE hasn't heard back. Hard to blame the guy.


Ya, I'm sure JR is thinking "Hah, bioengineering from a TTT like cal? I'll hold him just to string it out. Go cardinal!"

right crack?

User avatar
bwana73
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby bwana73 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm

So am I safe to say that I am going to be rejected or wait listed if I haven't had a JR yet?

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:15 pm

bwana73 wrote:So am I safe to say that I am going to be rejected or wait listed if I haven't had a JR yet?

I don't think you should assume that. Harvard's application deadline recently passed, so they're just now looking at apps in the context of the entire applicant pool.

TheWire wrote:Haha...he knows mine is in good fun...I think he rather get WL anyways so that he can eliminate the option

I wouldn't prefer the WL -- I just want to hear something from them :)

And yeah, Cal is TTT.

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
bwana73 wrote:So am I safe to say that I am going to be rejected or wait listed if I haven't had a JR yet?

I don't think you should assume that. Harvard's application deadline recently passed, so they're just now looking at apps in the context of the entire applicant pool.

TheWire wrote:Haha...he knows mine is in good fun...I think he rather get WL anyways so that he can eliminate the option

I wouldn't prefer the WL -- I just want to hear something from them :)

And yeah, Cal is TTT.


Haha...at least I can have the satisfaction of saying that my bioE dept. is 10 spots ahead of CaLTTT in the USNWR rankings...

it's these small victories that help me get past that fact that your resume will be more impressive than mine at HS reunion...
Last edited by TheWire on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm

TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:To be fair, JR probably hates Cal, which is why BioE hasn't heard back. Hard to blame the guy.


Ya, I'm sure JR is thinking "Hah, bioengineering from a TTT like cal? I'll hold him just to string it out. Go cardinal!"

right crack?

My thoughts exactly.
BioEBear2010 wrote:And yeah, Cal is TTT.

QFT and QFP.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:21 pm

All future references to Cal ITT should be "Cal State Oakland," or "UniversiTTTy of California - Berkly."

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:23 pm

crackberry wrote:All future references to Cal ITT should be "Cal State Oakland," or "UniversiTTTy of California - Berkly."

Why would Cal State Oakland be referred to again ITT? We need to stop hijacking threads.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:All future references to Cal ITT should be "Cal State Oakland," or "UniversiTTTy of California - Berkly."

Why would Cal State Oakland be referred to again ITT? We need to stop hijacking threads.

Eh, ok fine, I'll slink back to the Yale thread.

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Sogui » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

MagicallyDelicious wrote:I'm also impatiently awaiting my (hopefully) upcoming JR1...I got held and then retook in Feb., and got a score that was either Yale or Harvard's 75th ( :wink: ), so I'm thinking I should be good for a JR1...but it is late in the cycle...does the fact that it's March significantly hurt my chances?

P.S. My gpa is a high 3.8X


My stats sound similar to yours.

Plus I have the "bonus" of getting my score on the first attempt.

Still waiting for my JR1, went UR in the 2nd half of January, complete in early Feb.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:33 pm

crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:All future references to Cal ITT should be "Cal State Oakland," or "UniversiTTTy of California - Berkly."

Why would Cal State Oakland be referred to again ITT? We need to stop hijacking threads.

Eh, ok fine, I'll slink back to the Yale thread.



Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:40 pm

adameus wrote:Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

Eh, I wasn't intentionally misleading, though. I did say in my OP something to the effect of, "If I get into Yale..." People who didn't read the OP (or didn't read it carefully) just assumed I'd gotten in. Not really my fault.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

Eh, I wasn't intentionally misleading, though. I did say in my OP something to the effect of, "If I get into Yale..." People who didn't read the OP (or didn't read it carefully) just assumed I'd gotten in. Not really my fault.



sure, sure, for those people who don't read the OP it was very misleading.

Edit. You alluded to this in your post. Maybe I should try reading the whole post next time.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:49 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

Eh, I wasn't intentionally misleading, though. I did say in my OP something to the effect of, "If I get into Yale..." People who didn't read the OP (or didn't read it carefully) just assumed I'd gotten in. Not really my fault.



sure, sure, for those people who don't read the OP it was very misleading.

Edit. You alluded to this in your post. Maybe I should try reading the whole post next time.

Can't tell if the joke is on me or you here.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

Eh, I wasn't intentionally misleading, though. I did say in my OP something to the effect of, "If I get into Yale..." People who didn't read the OP (or didn't read it carefully) just assumed I'd gotten in. Not really my fault.



sure, sure, for those people who don't read the OP it was very misleading.

Edit. You alluded to this in your post. Maybe I should try reading the whole post next time.

Can't tell if the joke is on me or you here.


me either

llfurby
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby llfurby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:05 pm

I sent in my application in late January, and recieved an email that it would take 4-6 weeks to be complete.
I know it hasn't been 6 weeks yet, but I was wondering if anyone else has the same siutation?

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:20 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

Eh, I wasn't intentionally misleading, though. I did say in my OP something to the effect of, "If I get into Yale..." People who didn't read the OP (or didn't read it carefully) just assumed I'd gotten in. Not really my fault.


This is a serious problem that TLS has, and what makes it one of the most frustrating forums I've ever used. People are too selfish and lazy to skim through even a few pages of the threads they want to post in, resulting in a constant stream of posts of people asking questions that could easily be answered by looking through the last few pages of a thread, which is really obnoxious. And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations. You'd think if people are neurotic enough to be looking for this kind of information on the web that they would be less lazy and selfish about finding the answers on this board (and I don't even get why looking through previous posts is harder than posting a new question). At least this board isn't LSD though.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:22 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations.

To be fair, I say sarcastic and mean things all the time on TLS, despite the fact that I know for sure that Asha is watching me.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm

crackberry wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations.

To be fair, I say sarcastic and mean things all the time on TLS, despite the fact that I know for sure that Asha is watching me.

You're already in at Stanford. If Yale gave you the axe (give 'em the axe!), you wouldn't lose any sleep.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:25 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations.

To be fair, I say sarcastic and mean things all the time on TLS, despite the fact that I know for sure that Asha is watching me.

You're already in at Stanford. If Yale gave you the axe (give 'em the axe!), you wouldn't lose any sleep.

True, although I would likely always wonder if my behavior on TLS influenced the decision in any way. Likely not, but who can tell.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7118
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby los blancos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:52 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations.


I'm going to say something mean. Because of my OCD-ness and Newcastle United fanhood, the second capitalized 'c' in your username annoys the hell out of me. hth




:mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”