Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:56 pm

BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm

crackberry wrote:BioE didn't get into Harvard! BioE didn't get into Harvard!

Sing it with me people.

BioE didn't get into Harvarddddddd! BioE didn't get into Harvardddd! YAY!!! Yay!!!
too bad he wouldn't considering going there even if he did...

CordeliusX

Postby CordeliusX » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:04 pm

TheWire wrote:

Sing it with me people.

BioE didn't get into Harvarddddddd! BioE didn't get into Harvardddd! YAY!!! Yay!!!

Don't jinx the guy until he hears back... in fact, given his stats, you're jinxing the whole held population :mrgreen:

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm

CordeliusX wrote:
TheWire wrote:

Sing it with me people.

Don't jinx the guy until he hears back... in fact, given his stats, you're jinxing the whole held population :mrgreen:

Haha...he knows mine is in good fun...I think he rather get WL anyways so that he can eliminate the option

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm

CordeliusX wrote:
TheWire wrote:

Sing it with me people.

To be fair, JR probably hates Cal, which is why BioE hasn't heard back. Hard to blame the guy.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm

crackberry wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:
TheWire wrote:

Sing it with me people.

To be fair, JR probably hates Cal, which is why BioE hasn't heard back. Hard to blame the guy.

Ya, I'm sure JR is thinking "Hah, bioengineering from a TTT like cal? I'll hold him just to string it out. Go cardinal!"

right crack?

bwana73

Postby bwana73 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm

So am I safe to say that I am going to be rejected or wait listed if I haven't had a JR yet?

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:15 pm

bwana73 wrote:So am I safe to say that I am going to be rejected or wait listed if I haven't had a JR yet?

I don't think you should assume that. Harvard's application deadline recently passed, so they're just now looking at apps in the context of the entire applicant pool.

TheWire wrote:Haha...he knows mine is in good fun...I think he rather get WL anyways so that he can eliminate the option

I wouldn't prefer the WL -- I just want to hear something from them :)

And yeah, Cal is TTT.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
bwana73 wrote:So am I safe to say that I am going to be rejected or wait listed if I haven't had a JR yet?

I don't think you should assume that. Harvard's application deadline recently passed, so they're just now looking at apps in the context of the entire applicant pool.

TheWire wrote:Haha...he knows mine is in good fun...I think he rather get WL anyways so that he can eliminate the option

I wouldn't prefer the WL -- I just want to hear something from them :)

And yeah, Cal is TTT.

Haha...at least I can have the satisfaction of saying that my bioE dept. is 10 spots ahead of CaLTTT in the USNWR rankings...

it's these small victories that help me get past that fact that your resume will be more impressive than mine at HS reunion...
Last edited by TheWire on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm

TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:To be fair, JR probably hates Cal, which is why BioE hasn't heard back. Hard to blame the guy.

Ya, I'm sure JR is thinking "Hah, bioengineering from a TTT like cal? I'll hold him just to string it out. Go cardinal!"

right crack?

My thoughts exactly.
BioEBear2010 wrote:And yeah, Cal is TTT.

QFT and QFP.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:21 pm

All future references to Cal ITT should be "Cal State Oakland," or "UniversiTTTy of California - Berkly."

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:23 pm

crackberry wrote:All future references to Cal ITT should be "Cal State Oakland," or "UniversiTTTy of California - Berkly."

Why would Cal State Oakland be referred to again ITT? We need to stop hijacking threads.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:All future references to Cal ITT should be "Cal State Oakland," or "UniversiTTTy of California - Berkly."

Why would Cal State Oakland be referred to again ITT? We need to stop hijacking threads.

Eh, ok fine, I'll slink back to the Yale thread.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm

MagicallyDelicious wrote:I'm also impatiently awaiting my (hopefully) upcoming JR1...I got held and then retook in Feb., and got a score that was either Yale or Harvard's 75th ( :wink: ), so I'm thinking I should be good for a JR1...but it is late in the cycle...does the fact that it's March significantly hurt my chances?

P.S. My gpa is a high 3.8X

My stats sound similar to yours.

Plus I have the "bonus" of getting my score on the first attempt.

Still waiting for my JR1, went UR in the 2nd half of January, complete in early Feb.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:33 pm

crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

Eh, ok fine, I'll slink back to the Yale thread.

Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:40 pm

adameus wrote:Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

Eh, I wasn't intentionally misleading, though. I did say in my OP something to the effect of, "If I get into Yale..." People who didn't read the OP (or didn't read it carefully) just assumed I'd gotten in. Not really my fault.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:Bio, you aren't hijacking the Yale thread, you are in at Yale, Crack isn't.... Although he likes to make posts in the school decision forum that make people think he is :)

Eh, I wasn't intentionally misleading, though. I did say in my OP something to the effect of, "If I get into Yale..." People who didn't read the OP (or didn't read it carefully) just assumed I'd gotten in. Not really my fault.

sure, sure, for those people who don't read the OP it was very misleading.

Edit. You alluded to this in your post. Maybe I should try reading the whole post next time.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:49 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Edit. You alluded to this in your post. Maybe I should try reading the whole post next time.

Can't tell if the joke is on me or you here.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:52 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Can't tell if the joke is on me or you here.

me either

llfurby

Postby llfurby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:05 pm

I sent in my application in late January, and recieved an email that it would take 4-6 weeks to be complete.
I know it hasn't been 6 weeks yet, but I was wondering if anyone else has the same siutation?

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:20 pm

crackberry wrote:

This is a serious problem that TLS has, and what makes it one of the most frustrating forums I've ever used. People are too selfish and lazy to skim through even a few pages of the threads they want to post in, resulting in a constant stream of posts of people asking questions that could easily be answered by looking through the last few pages of a thread, which is really obnoxious. And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations. You'd think if people are neurotic enough to be looking for this kind of information on the web that they would be less lazy and selfish about finding the answers on this board (and I don't even get why looking through previous posts is harder than posting a new question). At least this board isn't LSD though.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:22 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations.

To be fair, I say sarcastic and mean things all the time on TLS, despite the fact that I know for sure that Asha is watching me.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm

crackberry wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:And everybody, myself included, is so worried about adcomms reading their posts that they don't say anything mean, even though mean responses are pretty warranted in these situations.

To be fair, I say sarcastic and mean things all the time on TLS, despite the fact that I know for sure that Asha is watching me.

You're already in at Stanford. If Yale gave you the axe (give 'em the axe!), you wouldn't lose any sleep.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:25 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:

You're already in at Stanford. If Yale gave you the axe (give 'em the axe!), you wouldn't lose any sleep.

True, although I would likely always wonder if my behavior on TLS influenced the decision in any way. Likely not, but who can tell.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm going to say something mean. Because of my OCD-ness and Newcastle United fanhood, the second capitalized 'c' in your username annoys the hell out of me. hth

:mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”