Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:btw, anyone here know if ASW is worth going to? if im already 100% sure im going to HLS and id have to cancel some other commitments to go to the ASW?

id have to fly there too (not close at all)


It'd be worth it just so you could meet me :)

What do you mean by the TM fiasco? Links to any details would be greatly appreciated, as I am bored out of my tree here at work and I would like something interesting to read.

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby georgina » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:22 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:I got the complete e-mail a couple weeks ago, no JR1 e-mail. My status checker still says under review 2/2. Expecting rejection letter in the mail every day, but so far it hasn't come. Neither has a JR1 e-mail. Just silence. Any idea what that means?

I wasn't expecting to hear back for a while, because I think I have kind of borderline numbers, but I thought something usually happens around when you get the complete e-mail.


nope, complete email is pretty random and seems independent of anything haha


for democrattotheend:

from the 12/16 JR blog comment:
"As I read files, I put aside those I find most interesting/compelling and set up interviews with them relatively quickly. However, files don’t necessarily come to me in chronological order as we have many Admissions Officers and Faculty Members reviewing applications. Thus, while some applicants will receive invitations to interview shortly after their file is complete, others may take a bit longer, depending on how many readers look at the file before it gets to me. Admittedly, there’s some randomness to how quickly your interview gets schedule so I wouldn’t read too much into the timing. Hope this helps."

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:29 pm

adameus wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:btw, anyone here know if ASW is worth going to? if im already 100% sure im going to HLS and id have to cancel some other commitments to go to the ASW?

id have to fly there too (not close at all)


It'd be worth it just so you could meet me :)

What do you mean by the TM fiasco? Links to any details would be greatly appreciated, as I am bored out of my tree here at work and I would like something interesting to read.


haha well it being a fiasco...long since locked and purged and ppls names were even changed :X

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby democrattotheend » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm

georgina wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:I got the complete e-mail a couple weeks ago, no JR1 e-mail. My status checker still says under review 2/2. Expecting rejection letter in the mail every day, but so far it hasn't come. Neither has a JR1 e-mail. Just silence. Any idea what that means?

I wasn't expecting to hear back for a while, because I think I have kind of borderline numbers, but I thought something usually happens around when you get the complete e-mail.


nope, complete email is pretty random and seems independent of anything haha


for democrattotheend:

from the 12/16 JR blog comment:
"As I read files, I put aside those I find most interesting/compelling and set up interviews with them relatively quickly. However, files don’t necessarily come to me in chronological order as we have many Admissions Officers and Faculty Members reviewing applications. Thus, while some applicants will receive invitations to interview shortly after their file is complete, others may take a bit longer, depending on how many readers look at the file before it gets to me. Admittedly, there’s some randomness to how quickly your interview gets schedule so I wouldn’t read too much into the timing. Hope this helps."


Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. I don't expect to get in but I'd feel better if they waited a little longer before dinging me. Let me enjoy the excitement of getting into Columbia for a few more days...

User avatar
nattybro
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby nattybro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Anyone under review in the beginning of December or earlier still waiting on news?

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby >insert witty name< » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 pm

nattybro wrote:Anyone under review in the beginning of December or earlier still waiting on news?


U/R since 12/24, haven't heard a peep.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby $1.99 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:36 pm

wow no jr1s in a while

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:36 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
nattybro wrote:Anyone under review in the beginning of December or earlier still waiting on news?


U/R since 12/24, haven't heard a peep.


Get in the line ;) UR since 11/30.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
>insert witty name< wrote:
nattybro wrote:Anyone under review in the beginning of December or earlier still waiting on news?


U/R since 12/24, haven't heard a peep.


Get in the line ;) UR since 11/30.



I think its more of a blob than a line.

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Zara must feel pretty special being the only acceptance in a sea of rejections on LSN.

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm

adameus wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
>insert witty name< wrote:
nattybro wrote:Anyone under review in the beginning of December or earlier still waiting on news?


U/R since 12/24, haven't heard a peep.


Get in the line ;) UR since 11/30.



I think its more of a blob than a line.


The worst part is, on the LSN graph everyone with and around my numbers already got in. There isn't one hold or reject in that vicinity. I must have totally botched the app.

User avatar
Cleareyes
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Cleareyes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:btw, anyone here know if ASW is worth going to? if im already 100% sure im going to HLS and id have to cancel some other commitments to go to the ASW?

id have to fly there too (not close at all)


I'm a current 1L at HLS and I would say that it's definitely worth attending an ASW if possible. For one thing you get to learn the layout of the campus, which is useful. For another you get to meet a bunch of your fellow classmates, which will help ease you into things and create connections outside your section for when you get here. One of my closest non-section friends is someone I met at an ASW and I don't know if we would have had an opportunity to interact had we not met there. Harvard is a big place. You'll also get a jump on knowing about some cool organizations here, and get a chance to make sure that Harvard is for you. It's not necessary if it would be a huge logistical hassle, but I'd say it's definitely worth it if you can find the time and resources to make it up to campus.

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Sogui » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
The worst part is, on the LSN graph everyone with and around my numbers already got in. There isn't one hold or reject in that vicinity. I must have totally botched the app.


Or the rest of the people with your numbers are sitting and waiting with a blank spot on LSN just like you.

Hell maybe those accepts on the graph with your numbers only represent 10% of the people with your numbers and the other 90% are just sitting around and waiting for some news...

We can only use LSN to make judgments about our situation after the cycle.

/signed, someone who has no yellow or red close to their numbers either

User avatar
PapantlaFlyer
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:22 pm

The worst part is, on the LSN graph everyone with and around my numbers already got in. There isn't one hold or reject in that vicinity. I must have totally botched the app.[/quote]

Did you mention your sword making abilities in your app?

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:32 pm

PapantlaFlyer wrote:The worst part is, on the LSN graph everyone with and around my numbers already got in. There isn't one hold or reject in that vicinity. I must have totally botched the app.


Did you mention your sword making abilities in your app?[/quote]

Nope I am a healer. Did mention that :P

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Sogui wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
The worst part is, on the LSN graph everyone with and around my numbers already got in. There isn't one hold or reject in that vicinity. I must have totally botched the app.


Or the rest of the people with your numbers are sitting and waiting with a blank spot on LSN just like you.

Hell maybe those accepts on the graph with your numbers only represent 10% of the people with your numbers and the other 90% are just sitting around and waiting for some news...

We can only use LSN to make judgments about our situation after the cycle.

/signed, someone who has no yellow or red close to their numbers either


Yeah I think there are a couple of other people in that same situation but not that many. We're doomed :D

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby tomhobbes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Attention! Don't let this opportunity to ask JR the Big Questions slip away!

--LinkRemoved--

Apparently all you have to do is leave a comment under that post, and he'll answer it this Friday. This was posted yesterday, and nobody's asked any questions yet. It would be sad if we let Friday come without asking any hard-hitting questions to make JR squirm.

I'm going to ask him about the meaning of life! Who's with me?

muahawhawhaw
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:23 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby muahawhawhaw » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:29 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Attention! Don't let this opportunity to ask JR the Big Questions slip away!

--LinkRemoved--

Apparently all you have to do is leave a comment under that post, and he'll answer it this Friday. This was posted yesterday, and nobody's asked any questions yet. It would be sad if we let Friday come without asking any hard-hitting questions to make JR squirm.

I'm going to ask him about the meaning of life! Who's with me?


Haha I'll hop on that wagon.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby BenJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Hmmm... I'll have to think of a good question. There are all sorts of things to ask. Maybe the most worth asking is approximately what percentage of Harvard acceptances have already been distributed. I'm also curious how the JR1 is taken into account in the admission decision, and how much it matters.

Renaixença
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Renaixença » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:39 pm

I will ask him to post the size of his boyfriend's penis.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Renaixença wrote:I will ask him to post the size of his boyfriend's penis.


ouch!

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:50 pm

When are you accepting me JR? .... no but really. I want to know when holds will hear. Even if its a rejection I really hope we know by april.

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby tomhobbes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Bump. I really can't think of anything I want to ask JR myself, but it would be a shame if TLS left him with nothing to do on Friday. Then again, maybe he'd use that time to make more phone calls...

Renaixença
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Renaixença » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Bump. I really can't think of anything I want to ask JR myself, but it would be a shame if TLS left him with nothing to do on Friday. Then again, maybe he'd use that time to make more phone calls...


Perhaps you should ask him why he doesn't use that time to make some admit calls.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby BenJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 pm

adameus wrote:
Renaixença wrote:I will ask him to post the size of his boyfriend's penis.


ouch!


So, it's big?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”