Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
notanumber

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby notanumber » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Crap. It's 5:00.

Oh well, at least no Jr2 time coincides with the start of happy hour :D .

(I kid, I kid.. alas, I still have at least a couple hours of work left today :(. The downside of working from home...)

hlshopes

Postby hlshopes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

portena wrote:Maybe there will be some JR2s later this week since this is the first Monday all year he (possibly) hasn't made any. Maybe he's out today. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

God I hope so...seems absolutely no one got a call today. Does anyone know if he's ever made calls on a day other than Monday?

georgina

Postby georgina » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm

hlshopes wrote:
portena wrote:Maybe there will be some JR2s later this week since this is the first Monday all year he (possibly) hasn't made any. Maybe he's out today. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

God I hope so...seems absolutely no one got a call today. Does anyone know if he's ever made calls on a day other than Monday?

a couple of people have gotten calls on tuesdays before, and for both of the cases i recall (which fell on 2 tuesdays), JR did also make calls the monday before.

portena

Postby portena » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:12 pm

I think I recall some URMs getting JR2s on a Tuesday once. I'm not sure if it has happened other than that one time, though.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Kronk wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Kronk wrote:Honestly I just imagine Kretzy looking like Ryan Reynolds because of the RR tars the last few months. Can't imagine him looking like Oliver.

Haha. I'm going to be unable to think anyone looks separate from their 'tars. In fact, I imagine Crackberry to be a small-scale replica of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I still think of Managamy as a hot girl.

You must all think of me as a very distinguished gentleman with a fine head of hair. Well, some hair.

dream

Postby dream » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Ok so ends hopeful nerves and begins wary nerve until next week.
Sobering thought... Maybe today wasn't silent buttons of ppl not actor on tls got scepter we just don't know how many or their stats.

portena

Postby portena » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

dream wrote:Ok so ends hopeful nerves and begins wary nerve until next week.
Sobering thought... Maybe today wasn't silent buttons of ppl not actor on tls got scepter we just don't know how many or their stats.

Clearly that thought wasn't sobering enough for everyone :wink:

dream

Postby dream » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm

:lol: rotfl! Sorry about that! Posting through cell + nerves replaying my bad jr1= worse than when I proofread my own essays!

Meant: I'm worried in how many spots are left bc of the silence. Anyone know of non tls posters who got in?

And someone should make a concentration pill for these times when ppl can't concentrate bc of some weighty/non depressing/ could be but hopefully not issues.

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:58 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
Kronk wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Kronk wrote:Honestly I just imagine Kretzy looking like Ryan Reynolds because of the RR tars the last few months. Can't imagine him looking like Oliver.

Haha. I'm going to be unable to think anyone looks separate from their 'tars. In fact, I imagine Crackberry to be a small-scale replica of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I still think of Managamy as a hot girl.

You must all think of me as a very distinguished gentleman with a fine head of hair. Well, some hair.

Actually I do...

and +1 to thinking of Managamy as a hot girl hahaha.

and everyone probably thinks of me as an ugly grass mud horse -.-

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:35 pm

nixxers wrote:and everyone probably thinks of me as an ugly grass mud horse -.-

yeah i cant help but imagine managamy as a girl...

that being said, iunno what your avatar even is nixxers lol. a mud horse? i just always thought of it as some crazy imaginary animal, which i called "the nixxer" haha

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
nixxers wrote:and everyone probably thinks of me as an ugly grass mud horse -.-

yeah i cant help but imagine managamy as a girl...

that being said, iunno what your avatar even is nixxers lol. a mud horse? i just always thought of it as some crazy imaginary animal, which i called "the nixxer" haha

lmao!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKx1aenJK08

^That's the grass-mud-horse lol I thought it was funny and the song was stuck in my head for forever :P

I always associated you with a glorious talking pineapple....I'm going to be very disappointed when I get to lawl school and everyone just looks like normal people.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:54 pm

nixxers wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKx1aenJK08

^That's the grass-mud-horse lol I thought it was funny and the song was stuck in my head for forever

Oh my god.

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:58 pm

crackberry wrote:

^That's the grass-mud-horse lol I thought it was funny and the song was stuck in my head for forever

Oh my god.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"oh my god *SHUN!!!*" or "oh my god GENIUS!"???

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:05 pm

nixxers wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Oh my god.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"oh my god *SHUN!!!*" or "oh my god GENIUS!"???

Oh my god that video represents the deepest depths of depravity.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 pm

hahahaha i loved that video, pretty funny, esp. if you understand chinese

nixxers wrote:I always associated you with a glorious talking pineapple....I'm going to be very disappointed when I get to lawl school and everyone just looks like normal people.

hm, that being said, you'd be surprised, im just as yellow irl...

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 pm

I hope the Harvard admissions folks read this thread and notice that I don't post in the Stanford and Yale threads. I really hope I hear something good soon.

Reinhardt

Postby Reinhardt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Could backfire if Stanford or Yale read the thread though.

adameus

Postby adameus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:33 pm

I know there is a lot of speculation on here about it, and I know there is evidence that adcomms do read these forums, but I am fairly confident that for 99% of applicants they do not care to or have the time to try and figure out who they are on these forums. Do you really think JR is looking at an app and saying, hmmm this candidate is borderline, I think I'm gonna spend a couple of hours trying to figure out who he is on TLS and then I'll follow him on there for a few weeks to see whether or not he's a good enough candidate....

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:35 pm

There's no chance HLS reads the boards with 550 seats to fill. I kind of think it's just an Asha-used-to-work-for-the-FBI thing

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Kronk wrote:There's no chance HLS reads the boards with 550 seats to fill. I kind of think it's just an Asha-used-to-work-for-the-FBI thing

**gives a prayer of thanks**

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:01 pm

adameus wrote:I know there is a lot of speculation on here about it, and I know there is evidence that adcomms do read these forums, but I am fairly confident that for 99% of applicants they do not care to or have the time to try and figure out who they are on these forums. Do you really think JR is looking at an app and saying, hmmm this candidate is borderline, I think I'm gonna spend a couple of hours trying to figure out who he is on TLS and then I'll follow him on there for a few weeks to see whether or not he's a good enough candidate....

I always try to tell myself that. But I also dont think it would be a big shock to H if they thought you applied and are hopeful for YLS/SLS.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 pm

i believe some adcomms (of various schools) read these boards. hell, we knew SOME do (even some employers haha)...but to spend time figuring out your identity? prob not

then again, the whole TM fiasco has me questioning just how much free time some (paid) individuals have lol.

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

I got the complete e-mail a couple weeks ago, no JR1 e-mail. My status checker still says under review 2/2. Expecting rejection letter in the mail every day, but so far it hasn't come. Neither has a JR1 e-mail. Just silence. Any idea what that means?

I wasn't expecting to hear back for a while, because I think I have kind of borderline numbers, but I thought something usually happens around when you get the complete e-mail.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

btw, anyone here know if ASW is worth going to? if im already 100% sure im going to HLS and id have to cancel some other commitments to go to the ASW?

id have to fly there too (not close at all)

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:05 pm

democrattotheend wrote:I got the complete e-mail a couple weeks ago, no JR1 e-mail. My status checker still says under review 2/2. Expecting rejection letter in the mail every day, but so far it hasn't come. Neither has a JR1 e-mail. Just silence. Any idea what that means?

I wasn't expecting to hear back for a while, because I think I have kind of borderline numbers, but I thought something usually happens around when you get the complete e-mail.

nope, complete email is pretty random and seems independent of anything haha

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”