Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:52 pm

so its monday and all we've got is a held email? No JR2's today?

User avatar
mochafury
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mochafury » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:01 pm

adameus wrote:so its monday and all we've got is a held email? No JR2's today?

+1. Also, does anyone know the fate of those in the Held pile? How many end up at JR2, relatively? I'm bracing myself for long odds if/when the HLS silence is broken by a Held email.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:01 pm

englawyer wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:i need to get a new tar then...


+1 8)


oh no! where did the street fighter go?! haha

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby notanumber » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

So, is today the first JR2-free Monday of the year?

(Full disclosure: I had my JR1 last week).

dream
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dream » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:16 pm

notanumber wrote:So, is today the first JR2-free Monday of the year?

(Full disclosure: I had my JR1 last week).


This Monday is too jittery for it to be silent ... My cell phone is currently part of my hand...


Btw sorry to hear about the held Illijah, but good luck!

hlshopes
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hlshopes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:20 pm

I am also sitting here just waiting dreaming so available for the phone call....

CordeliusX
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CordeliusX » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Maybe the new HLS policy is making people wait it out to show their determination... like admitting the remainder of the class in late August and see who withdraws elsewhere, changes their entire life plan around, and then shows up.

User avatar
Moxie
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Moxie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Just wondering what the expected turnaround time is on a JR2 after JR1? I've been away from TLS for a few months, but had my JR1 two weeks ago from today. I'm obviously starting to get disappointed since it's been so long, but I still have hope???

User avatar
JohnnyTrojan08
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby JohnnyTrojan08 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Props to everyone who has waited longer than two weeks to hear from HLS. I haven't even made it though my first non-JR2 Monday, yet, and I think I've developed an ulcer. Teaching special education students while waiting to check my phone/email during my prep is nerve wracking. :oops:

From 2:20 on is me.

So, would I be... Drew Barrymore in this... situation?

hlshopes
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hlshopes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:36 pm

JohnnyTrojan08 wrote:Props to everyone who has waited longer than two weeks to hear from HLS. I haven't even made it though my first non-JR2 Monday, yet, and I think I've developed an ulcer. Teaching special education students while waiting to check my phone/email during my prep is nerve wracking. :oops:

From 2:20 on is me.

So, would I be... Drew Barrymore in this... situation?



Disregard my PM, you've gotten ahead of my craziness ;)

Good Luck!

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby notanumber » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:40 pm

I was really hoping for a call this week. The March ASW is the only one I can attend but I'll have to plan it in the next couple of days. Do JR2s go out on days other than Monday?

dcchillin
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dcchillin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 pm

I just want any news. I'd almost be happy with a rejection right now. It's been more than 6 weeks since my JR1 with no news AT ALL. I'm losing it.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby BenJ » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:47 pm

notanumber wrote:I was really hoping for a call this week. The March ASW is the only one I can attend but I'll have to plan it in the next couple of days. Do JR2s go out on days other than Monday?


I don't think any have been reported any day but Monday so far, sorry :(

Still, there's a bit over an hour left before 5 p.m. EST, and I think there have been calls a little after 5 p.m. in the past.

User avatar
JohnnyTrojan08
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby JohnnyTrojan08 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 pm

BenJ wrote:Still, there's a bit over an hour left before 5 p.m. EST, and I think there have been calls a little after 5 p.m. in the past.


"Or, he's just not that into us." :(

Occam's Razor. :(

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swimbrad » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:59 pm

4 pm EST.... sigh

now, just have to pray that I don't hear anything until next monday (esp. friday)

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby kaydish21 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Sorry guys, I know this is uber-foolish... but whats a JR1 and 2?? I'm new on tls.

Thanks.

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gymboree » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Josh Rubenstein: director of admissions = JR

JR1= his first phone call to you (prefaced by an email), short 5-12 minute interview (e.g. Why Law? Why Now? Why Harvard?)

JR2= his second phone call to you, short update call (no warning). This is tantamount to an acceptance call.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swimbrad » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:06 pm

kaydish21 wrote:Sorry guys, I know this is uber-foolish... but whats a JR1 and 2?? I'm new on tls.

Thanks.


here... Let Me Google That For You

edit: damn it... so slow to be an ass

hlshopes
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hlshopes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:08 pm

swimbrad wrote:4 pm EST.... sigh

now, just have to pray that I don't hear anything until next monday (esp. friday)



Hey, did you have your JR1 last Monday?

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swimbrad » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm

hlshopes wrote:
swimbrad wrote:4 pm EST.... sigh

now, just have to pray that I don't hear anything until next monday (esp. friday)



Hey, did you have your JR1 last Monday?


Naw, mine was back towards the end of January... held the week of

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Sogui » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm

swimbrad wrote:
kaydish21 wrote:Sorry guys, I know this is uber-foolish... but whats a JR1 and 2?? I'm new on tls.

Thanks.


here... Let Me Google That For You

edit: damn it... so slow to be an ass


You get double ass-points for providing a sarcastic link that still failed to provide any answers to the original question.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swimbrad » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Sogui wrote:
swimbrad wrote:
kaydish21 wrote:Sorry guys, I know this is uber-foolish... but whats a JR1 and 2?? I'm new on tls.

Thanks.


here... Let Me Google That For You

edit: damn it... so slow to be an ass


You get double ass-points for providing a sarcastic link that still failed to provide any answers to the original question.


Really... when I googled it this link is the first result, and JR1 is defined in the little blurb about the site, so you wouldn't even have to click the link

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Sogui » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 pm

swimbrad wrote:
Sogui wrote:
swimbrad wrote:
kaydish21 wrote:Sorry guys, I know this is uber-foolish... but whats a JR1 and 2?? I'm new on tls.

Thanks.


here... Let Me Google That For You

edit: damn it... so slow to be an ass


You get double ass-points for providing a sarcastic link that still failed to provide any answers to the original question.


Really... when I googled it this link is the first result, and JR1 is defined in the little blurb about the site, so you wouldn't even have to click the link


That could hardly be considered a correct response to a "What is JR1 and JR2" question.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby swimbrad » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:41 pm

pardon me... I was just looking for a good reason to use lmgtfy - plus dealing the with stress of no calls today - no offense meant OP

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby portena » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Maybe there will be some JR2s later this week since this is the first Monday all year he (possibly) hasn't made any. Maybe he's out today. Maybe, maybe, maybe...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”