Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Dignan

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Dignan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:Anyone from late Nov/early Dec. UR batch who has not heard ANYTHING back yet?

Still waiting for the ding or hold to show up in my inbox.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Dignan wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:Anyone from late Nov/early Dec. UR batch who has not heard ANYTHING back yet?

I can't understand what they're up to. What happened to decision within 2 months? :(

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
Dignan wrote:

I can't understand what they're up to. What happened to decision within 2 months? :(

Took them 4 months to get to me. Just take a deep breath.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
Dignan wrote:

Although I'm not optimistic about my chances, I think it's a good sign in a way. We clearly weren't auto-rejected. Our applications are probably in some version of committee review; they might be sitting on a busy professor's desk or something like that.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 pm

crackberry wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
Dignan wrote:

Took them 4 months to get to me. Just take a deep breath.

You did get your JR1 within the 2 months period so technically you did hear something back. Dignan and I have heard nothing!

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Dignan wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
Dignan wrote:

Although I'm not optimistic about my chances, I think it's a good sign in a way. We clearly weren't auto-rejected. Our applications are probably in some version of committee review; they might be sitting on a busy professor's desk or something like that.

LOL I envy your optimism!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:You did get your JR1 within the 2 months period so technically you did hear something back. Dignan and I have heard nothing!

True.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:24 pm

crackberry wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:You did get your JR1 within the 2 months period so technically you did hear something back. Dignan and I have heard nothing!

True.

I would murder, pillage and plunder to get a JR1 btw ;)

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:29 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
crackberry wrote:

True.

I wouldn't murder, but I might be willing to plunder a candy bar from 7-11 if it would help my chances. Do you think that JR likes Snickers?

gladitsover

Postby gladitsover » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 pm

How likely is it to get a JR1 if i was put on hold and am a URM?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
crackberry wrote:

True.

I'm not sure what I'd do for a Yale acceptance. I'd do nothing illegal for Harvard - maybe drink a gallon of milk in 30 minutes or whatever. For Yale, I'd do way more.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Dignan wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
crackberry wrote:

True.

I wouldn't murder, but I might be willing to plunder a candy bar from 7-11 if it would help my chances. Do you think that JR likes Snickers?

Based on how this cycle has turned out, he should appreciate at least the spirit of the act. Even better if you take it from a 5 y/o.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:43 pm

crackberry wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
crackberry wrote:

True.

I'm not sure what I'd do for a Yale acceptance. I'd do nothing illegal for Harvard - maybe drink a gallon of milk in 30 minutes or whatever. For Yale, I'd do way more.

Due to graphic nature I can't describe what I'd do for Yale :D

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm

crackberry wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
crackberry wrote:

True.

Agreed. I'm actually becoming increasingly ambivalent about Harvard. My Stanford rejection made me realize that there are only two schools that I really want to attend: Stanford and Yale. Everywhere else--even Harvard--is a compromise for me. If I get accepted by HLS and if I don't get significant money from elsewhere in the T10, then I would feel like I have to go. But, as douchy as this sounds, I almost don't want to. Between Harvard's large class size (I want a small class), its emphasis on younger students (I'm old), and its overall tone (I've had unenjoyable conversations with arrogant Harvard undergrads), I'm not feeling HLS right now.

All of this is probably just a clever psychological tactic that my ego is employing to protect itself from the pain of my pending rejection, but it is how I feel at the moment.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 pm

I didn't know schools could have a tone

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:20 pm

Sogui wrote:I didn't know schools could have a tone

I meant "tone" as in a prevailing character or style. I suppose that "atmosphere" would have been a better word choice.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 pm

nah man ive also had conversations with harvard undergrads and experienced my share of their doucheness, but i think you would find these types any place you got from yale to community colleges, people have egos no matter where they go

zamd006

Postby zamd006 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Dignan wrote:Agreed. I'm actually becoming increasingly ambivalent about Harvard. My Stanford rejection made me realize that there are only two schools that I really want to attend: Stanford and Yale. Everywhere else--even Harvard--is a compromise for me. If I get accepted by HLS and if I don't get significant money from elsewhere in the T10, then I would feel like I have to go. But, as douchy as this sounds, I almost don't want to. Between Harvard's large class size (I want a small class), its emphasis on younger students (I'm old), and its overall tone (I've had unenjoyable conversations with arrogant Harvard undergrads), I'm not feeling HLS right now.

All of this is probably just a clever psychological tactic that my ego is employing to protect itself from the pain of my pending rejection, but it is how I feel at the moment.

I really hope you get rejected by Harvard with that attitude because I don't want you in my class. I love Harvard and I would take it over Yale and Stanford any day (which I already got into).

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 am

zamd006 wrote:
Dignan wrote:Agreed. I'm actually becoming increasingly ambivalent about Harvard. My Stanford rejection made me realize that there are only two schools that I really want to attend: Stanford and Yale. Everywhere else--even Harvard--is a compromise for me. If I get accepted by HLS and if I don't get significant money from elsewhere in the T10, then I would feel like I have to go. But, as douchy as this sounds, I almost don't want to. Between Harvard's large class size (I want a small class), its emphasis on younger students (I'm old), and its overall tone (I've had unenjoyable conversations with arrogant Harvard undergrads), I'm not feeling HLS right now.

I really hope you get rejected by Harvard with that attitude because I don't want you in my class. I love Harvard and I would take it over Yale and Stanford any day (which I already got into).

snap.

Na_Swatch

Postby Na_Swatch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 am

zamd006 wrote:

burnnned

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 am

zamd006 wrote:

lol im hoping this burn is all part of a joke

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
zamd006 wrote:

lol im hoping this burn is all part of a joke

Seriously. Otherwise you're the biggest prestige whore on the planet - not because you'd pick H over Y/S (which any reasonable person could do) but because you act as if picking Y/S over H is akin to lunacy.

And if you're not joking, I'm really happy you're going to Harvard and not Stanford so I won't be anywhere near you. All those schools clearly made a huge mistake in accepting you.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 am

80% of people who end up at Harvard probably wish they had been accepted at Yale anyhow. hth.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 am

zamd006 wrote:

I'm sorry that my feelings upset you to the point that you hope I get rejected. I wasn't trying to put down HLS or those who want to go there. HLS is one of the top three law schools in the country, and those who are fortunate enough to attend will have amazing opportunities. I was just expressing how I'm feeling about HLS at this point in time. The reality that HLS is not a perfect fit for me does not make you or Harvard any less awesome.

By the way, unless you go to Yale, you are going to have to deal with the fact that a majority of your classmates would probably have gone to a different school if given the chance.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 am

FORUM DRAMAAAA!

Also, JR1s today? Or a massive wave of rejections? Or simply continuing the noisiest silent period ever?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”