Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Kretzy wrote:MarioKart

Best game ever (N64 version).

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:40 pm

GargamelITT wrote:this whole debate is ill conceived IMO. assassins creed ii is the answer to all your questions

Beat that as well, god I have [strike]no life[/strike] a sensible set of priorities that makes me a great choice for Harvard Law School as well as the ability to multitask academics and personal life.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm

i have never heard of any of the games you are talking about. i'm going to interpret this as positive although probably due to my gender.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:47 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:i have never heard of any of the games you are talking about. i'm going to interpret this as positive although probably due to my gender.

you have never heard of MARIO KART? that is crazy.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Sogui wrote: Oh and uhh I guess it's another day without JR1s >_>

Yeah. Sorry guys. My fault. I didn't end up watching "Legally Blonde" last night so, following my premonition, JR1s can't be coming out today.

I'll try and find the time to watch it this evening.

p.s. Super Mario Bros 3. Everything else cowers in its shadow.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 pm

englawyer wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:i have never heard of any of the games you are talking about. i'm going to interpret this as positive although probably due to my gender.

you have never heard of MARIO KART? that is crazy.

have heard of mario kart.....must've missed it in all the talk about assassins and biomasses....actually loved it for a couple years, but that's pretty much the only video game that's ever made sense to me.....tried halo once and was totally confused....i was wandering around in this gray building built of stone, and i was, like, what the hell am i supposed to be trying to do?

muahawhawhaw

Postby muahawhawhaw » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Gotta jump in on this.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time... surprised no one mentioned this.

And the N64 Smash Bros version was by far the best one.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 pm

muahawhawhaw wrote:Gotta jump in on this.

Ocarina of Time was good, but only until you beat it.

MarioKart, Smash Bros, GoldenEye — all good in perpetuity.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 pm

crackberry wrote:

if harvard is reading this...hint hint...we don't mind about the whole skating rink closing down...just please setup a N64 w/ full suite of games + big screen tv in the library. it will be much cheaper and provide more happiness :mrgreen:

muahawhawhaw

Postby muahawhawhaw » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:40 pm

crackberry wrote:

Good point. As good as Zelda was, those sublime multiplayer moments on the latter games are repeatable and never really wear down.

Island Girl

Postby Island Girl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:42 pm

:lol: I jump on the harvard thread coz i've never been and i'm curious...and i'm expecting people to be deep into philosophical debate and here i get....video games??!! lovin it. 8) playing Dragon Age Origins right now. and yes, i've finished almost all the mario games. and Galaga. Alrighty. That's it for my first and last post on Harvard. :)

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm

this thread reminds me of a conversation i had with a little kid last summer, he was a nerdy 10 year old with dreams to attend harvard so his mom let him visit the campus. when he came back i asked him what was the most interesting part of the visit. he tells me that he was very surprised that everyone on campus looked like normal people he would find anywhere else.

is there a video game club at harvard law school? if there isn't i need to call them tomm and tell them i am withdrawing my application.

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 pm

$1.99 wrote:this thread reminds me of a conversation i had with a little kid last summer, he was a nerdy 10 year old with dreams to attend harvard so his mom let him visit the campus. when he came back i asked him what was the most interesting part of the visit. he tells me that he was very surprised that everyone on campus looked like normal people he would find anywhere else.

is there a video game club at harvard law school? if there isn't i need to call them tomm and tell them i am withdrawing my application.

You should play Harvard Business School (includes all graduate students) rugby with me instead!

fortmyersgator

any gators?

Postby fortmyersgator » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:30 pm

any Gators admitted?

The Human Fund

Postby The Human Fund » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:31 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
$1.99 wrote:this thread reminds me of a conversation i had with a little kid last summer, he was a nerdy 10 year old with dreams to attend harvard so his mom let him visit the campus. when he came back i asked him what was the most interesting part of the visit. he tells me that he was very surprised that everyone on campus looked like normal people he would find anywhere else.

You should play Harvard Business School (includes all graduate students) rugby with me instead!

Are you doing the JD/MBA?

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:31 pm

i am very interested in seeing how your cycle pans out coal, heard about the texas ding and i find it so ridiculous that i didn't even feel bad for you

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm

The Human Fund wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:

Are you doing the JD/MBA?

Nah, but the captain of the HBS club said that there are law students who play for them.

Also thanks, 1.99. Even though I didn't want to go to Texas (and they could clearly tell), it's still frustrating that I have no decisions from any T14's and a rejection from Texas.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:14 pm

haha sorry man, i am basically in the same situation, the only things i have heard is an acceptance at NYU and a hold at Harvard.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm

haha +1. do you guys think SCOTUS judges play mario kart every once in a while together?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm

englawyer wrote:

haha +1. do you guys think SCOTUS judges play mario kart every once in a while together?

If they do, Ginsburg comes in last every time.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 pm

crackberry wrote:
englawyer wrote:

If they do, Ginsburg comes in [strike]last[/strike]first every time.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:31 am

Alright Harvard, it's been over 10 days since we've had a confirmed JR1 email.

Come out from that bunker you call a law school and face us!

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 am

Sogui wrote:Alright Harvard, it's been over 10 days since we've had a confirmed JR1 email.

THIS! 8)

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 am

Sogui wrote:Alright Harvard, it's been over 10 days since we've had a confirmed JR1 email.

+1.

JR, it's okay to have anxiety issues about talking to me on the phone. I know I'm intimidating, but I promise I won't yell at you. Much.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 pm

BenJ wrote:

+1.

JR, it's okay to have anxiety issues about talking to me on the phone. I know I'm intimidating, but I promise I won't yell at you. Much.

Another day without any news from JR?

This is just cruel. :cry:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”