Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CanadianEH

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CanadianEH » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:50 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about the complete-before-jr1, at least I am not. looknig at this thread, there have been VERY few JR1's going out recently, which would seem to corroborate the idea that they are indeed slowing down to look at more applications before plowing ahead with interviews.

This is the logic that keeps me sane, anyway.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:07 pm

CanadianEH wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the complete-before-jr1, at least I am not. looknig at this thread, there have been VERY few JR1's going out recently, which would seem to corroborate the idea that they are indeed slowing down to look at more applications before plowing ahead with interviews.

Indeed, or maybe we're just trying really hard to rationalize it.

nattybro

Postby nattybro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

There are tons of people w/ good numbers and no interviews yet. Don't sweat it until/unless you actually get rejected. Worst case you go to another extremely highly ranked law school. Go read a book, play a sport, get a drink with a friend, enjoy the good things in life. It's out of your hands now.

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 pm

If it makes people feel better, I got a complete email on the 14th and thought nothing of it. Though my online status checker still has me as under review since 1/6.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:15 pm

nattybro wrote:There are tons of people w/ good numbers and no interviews yet. Don't sweat it until/unless you actually get rejected. Worst case you go to another extremely highly ranked law school. Go read a book, play a sport, get a drink with a friend, enjoy the good things in life. It's out of your hands now.

The whole point of "sweating it" is to exhibit irrational concern when there's nothing you can do about it and you have almost no information to act upon.

If I get rejected, I will frown, be down about it for a little while, shrug, tell some friends that I'm going to Columbia for sure and then realize I'm still attending CLS and have nothing to worry about, plus NYC > Boston.

But until then, it's anxiety and obsessive checking of this thread and my inbox...

mh7777

Postby mh7777 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:25 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:If it makes people feel better, I got a complete email on the 14th and thought nothing of it. Though my online status checker still has me as under review since 1/6.

Exact same dates for me, and no JR1. But my LSAT is lower than yours.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:29 pm

Sogui wrote:
CanadianEH wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the complete-before-jr1, at least I am not. looknig at this thread, there have been VERY few JR1's going out recently, which would seem to corroborate the idea that they are indeed slowing down to look at more applications before plowing ahead with interviews.

FYI I have +75% LSAT/GPA numbers and haven't gotten an interview request yet. I applied on the 3rd. This *might* mean that my application is really crappy, but I doubt it.

I think (hope?) they just got flooded with late Dec and early Jan applications. This is when Dec LSAT people who are on top of things submitted and when earlier LSAT people who are not on top of things likely submitted. I would not be surprised if these schools get over 2/3 of their applications after x-mas.

someones alt

Postby someones alt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:53 pm

The caliber of the applicants who haven't received JR1 requests in this thread but have gone complete says you 75% percentile people have nothing to worry about unless all ten of you are hobo stabbers

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:21 pm

someones alt wrote:The caliber of the applicants who haven't received JR1 requests in this thread but have gone complete says you 75% percentile people have nothing to worry about unless all ten of you are hobo stabbers

--ImageRemoved--

Walfredo47

Postby Walfredo47 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:30 pm

i feel a calmness here that is about to precipitate a massive storm. Goodluck to all my fellow holds, as well as to all the late appliers. There is something to be said about seeing something through until the end. Now is not the time for weak stomachs.

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:35 pm

do you think it will help at all in a loci (held) to mention that my fiance will be going to harvard for a phd next year as one of many reasons for my interest in attending

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:do you think it will help at all in a loci (held) to mention that my fiance will be going to harvard for a phd next year as one of many reasons for my interest in attending

Absolutely.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:28 pm

notanumber wrote:
Sogui wrote:

FYI I have +75% LSAT/GPA numbers and haven't gotten an interview request yet. I applied on the 3rd. This *might* mean that my application is really crappy, but I doubt it.

I think (hope?) they just got flooded with late Dec and early Jan applications. This is when Dec LSAT people who are on top of things submitted and when earlier LSAT people who are not on top of things likely submitted. I would not be surprised if these schools get over 2/3 of their applications after x-mas.

"not on top of things" eh? Thems fightin words

someones alt wrote:The caliber of the applicants who haven't received JR1 requests in this thread but have gone complete says you 75% percentile people have nothing to worry about unless all ten of you are hobo stabbers

To be fair, the hobo had it coming.

In all seriousness, the quoted reasoning is the only thing keeping my hope alive. Too bad "hope" is always what is driving my anxiety through the roof.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:31 pm

crackberry wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:do you think it will help at all in a loci (held) to mention that my fiance will be going to harvard for a phd next year as one of many reasons for my interest in attending

Absolutely.

Positively.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:32 pm

SolarWind wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Absolutely.

Positively.

Without a doubt.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 pm

crackberry wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Absolutely.

Positively.

[strike]Without a doubt.[/strike] Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

You missed it Crackberry... should have been this, what kind of childhood did you have?? :shock:

i only missed two letters in my spelling prior to checking on it... proud of myself lol

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

SolarWind, are you going to HLS for sure?

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:41 pm

englawyer wrote:SolarWind, are you going to HLS for sure?

Haven't decided yet, but leaning that way. What about you?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:41 pm

SolarWind wrote:
crackberry wrote:
SolarWind wrote:
crackberry wrote:Absolutely.

Positively.

[strike]Without a doubt.[/strike] Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

You missed it Crackberry... should have been this, what kind of childhood did you have?? :shock:

i only missed two letters in my spelling prior to checking on it... proud of myself lol

I wasn't aware that was the natural progression...?

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtrac ... yrics.html

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 pm

SolarWind wrote:
englawyer wrote:SolarWind, are you going to HLS for sure?

Haven't decided yet, but leaning that way. What about you?

still waiting for my YLS reject, and denial from the full boat at NYU/Columbia to seal the deal

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Sogui wrote:
notanumber wrote:
Sogui wrote:

"not on top of things" eh? Thems fightin words

Or had a flaky LOR writer, or had to wait for a paycheck to cash to pay fees, or was traveling internationally, or had a school screw-up your transcripts, or had LASC problems. . . . You're right, there are actually plenty of good reasons to apply later. Sorry if I offended.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm

crackberry wrote:I wasn't aware that was the natural progression...?

Ahh I think you're right... haha that was what one of my elementary school teachers taught us... guess its linked in my mind now :lol:

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 pm

SolarWind wrote:
crackberry wrote:I wasn't aware that was the natural progression...?

Ahh I think you're right... haha that was what one of my elementary school teachers taught us... guess its linked in my mind now :lol:

Wow, I can't believe this is relevant, but my sister sent me an email this afternoon with 10 terrible jokes. Here is number 9:

9. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and, with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good) a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Zara

Postby Zara » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:20 pm

i went complete at harvard today too.

nattybro

Postby nattybro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm

No JR1 emails today? Big batch tomorrow? This blizzard has got to be some kind of omen

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”