Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rockchalk86

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby rockchalk86 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:50 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:how many other people complete before 11/25 without hold or rejection?

Right here! I thought I was an easy rejection too... guess they are gonna let me sweat it out.

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:51 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:how many other people complete before 11/25 without hold or rejection?

Right here! I thought I was an easy rejection too... guess they are gonna let me sweat it out.

It really doesn't seem like there are many others. On LSN all the remaining pending complete in November seem to mention being held (if they contain any commentary at all).

mockstar

Postby mockstar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Complete 10/8. Still.

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:55 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:

It really doesn't seem like there are many others. On LSN all the remaining pending complete in November seem to mention being held (if they contain any commentary at all).

Any theories? I have no clue why they are waiting on me personally... Harvard was a clear Hail Mary. Do they like Americorps? I can't imagine they like it more than their medians.

pissantvache

Postby pissantvache » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:00 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:

Any theories? I have no clue why they are waiting on me personally... Harvard was a clear Hail Mary. Do they like Americorps? I can't imagine they like it more than their medians.

Yeah, i'm UR 11/20, no hold, no rejection, nothing. which is awesome, but...

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

mockstar wrote:

Complete 10/8. Still.

You are the new me. Have fun!

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Has anyone submitted an additional LOR directly to the office without having signed it yourself? (ex: having your professor mail it directly to them rather than the LSAC) I'm worried the LSAC will take forever to process it (or, heaven forbid, lose the letter! It's happened to other people before!).

Does the envelope need to be signed by you? I thought that was only for direct correspondences between you and the office and not necessarily between your letter writer and the office?

I'd call and ask HLS directly... but they're closed now :roll:

brennanlives

Postby brennanlives » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Right here! I thought I was an easy rejection too... guess they are gonna let me sweat it out.[/quote]

It really doesn't seem like there are many others. On LSN all the remaining pending complete in November seem to mention being held (if they contain any commentary at all).[/quote][/quote]

UR 11/23, not a sign of life from Harvard! Don't applications close next week, though?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 pm

fidesverita wrote:Has anyone submitted an additional LOR directly to the office without having signed it yourself? (ex: having your professor mail it directly to them rather than the LSAC) I'm worried the LSAC will take forever to process it (or, heaven forbid, lose the letter! It's happened to other people before!).

Does the envelope need to be signed by you? I thought that was only for direct correspondences between you and the office and not necessarily between your letter writer and the office?

Yeah you can do this. V6 did it and his new LOR appeared on his status checker quickly. He signed the outside of the envelope though.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Have your LOR writer sign over the seal and then sign it yourself at the bottom with your LSAC number and printed name.

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:24 pm

crackberry wrote:
fidesverita wrote:Has anyone submitted an additional LOR directly to the office without having signed it yourself? (ex: having your professor mail it directly to them rather than the LSAC) I'm worried the LSAC will take forever to process it (or, heaven forbid, lose the letter! It's happened to other people before!).

Yeah you can do this. V6 did it and his new LOR appeared on his status checker quickly. He signed the outside of the envelope though.

Hmm, the issue is that I'm not living near campus anymore, so physically signing the outside of the envelope could be a problem. :(

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:25 pm

fidesverita wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Hmm, the issue is that I'm not living near campus anymore, so physically signing the outside of the envelope could be a problem. :(

Then I would ask your LOR writer to specifically mention your name and LSAC number in the first line.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

fidesverita wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Have your recommender mail it to you in a sealed envelope with his/her seal across the flap. Then you sign the outside of the envelope and put it in another envelope (with or without your signed LOCI). Then mail to Harvard yourself. Everybody wins.

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks for the tips crackberry and V6! I'll give the office a call in the morning to double check and then choose a course of action.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:29 pm

fidesverita wrote:Thanks for the tips crackberry and V6! I'll give the office a call in the morning to double check and then choose a course of action.

Let me know what they say. I'm about to do this, too. I'm going with the complicated option I just outlined.

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 pm

crackberry wrote:
fidesverita wrote:Thanks for the tips crackberry and V6! I'll give the office a call in the morning to double check and then choose a course of action.

Let me know what they say. I'm about to do this, too. I'm going with the complicated option I just outlined.

I'll def let you know. I'm hoping we won't have to go with the complicated option... otherwise it's no different than having the letter sent to and processed (sloowwwlly) by the lsac people!

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh, I might have missed this a few pages back... did they ever get back to you, crack? Is it an official hold or are you still in waiting limbo after JR1?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

fidesverita wrote:Oh, I might have missed this a few pages back... did they ever get back to you, crack? Is it an official hold or are you still in waiting limbo after JR1?

I got held on Jan. 15.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 pm

fidesverita wrote:
crackberry wrote:

I'll def let you know. I'm hoping we won't have to go with the complicated option... otherwise it's no different than having the letter sent to and processed (sloowwwlly) by the lsac people!

Eh. I think it would still be faster. I sent my LOCI and LOR on a Friday and my LOR posted to my status checker by the following Wednesday (if not sooner, I didn't think to check before that). LSAC takes a bunch of processing days and then has to send it to Harvard (who takes it by paper).

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:45 pm

bah, you guys are getting me worried about this timing thing too. i've got some stuff to send in (LOR, LOCI, new transcript for slightly improved GPA) but it's still all coming together. pretty big buzzkill if i get a negative or a WL before i can get that stuff in

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

GargamelITT wrote:bah, you guys are getting me worried about this timing thing too. i've got some stuff to send in (LOR, LOCI, new transcript for slightly improved GPA) but it's still all coming together. pretty big buzzkill if i get a negative or a WL before i can get that stuff in

Did you apply to Y or S? Are you dead set on CLS at this point barring an acceptance at H?

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:53 pm

crackberry wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:bah, you guys are getting me worried about this timing thing too. i've got some stuff to send in (LOR, LOCI, new transcript for slightly improved GPA) but it's still all coming together. pretty big buzzkill if i get a negative or a WL before i can get that stuff in

Did you apply to Y or S? Are you dead set on CLS at this point barring an acceptance at H?

no Y. applied to S, but i think i'd take C with a significant amount of $ (which i think i should be able to pull) over it and think S is pretty unlikely anyway given unspectacular GPA and softs.

feel good about CLS, but i think i'd take HLS in almost any scenario. only a hamilton would have given me pause, and i didn't get one
Last edited by Lmao Zedong on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Did Bailaian (sp?) ever get a JR2?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:57 pm

VoidSix wrote:Did Bailaian (sp?) ever get a JR2?

She was held.
Last edited by crackberry on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:58 pm

VoidSix wrote:Did Bailaian (sp?) ever get a JR2?

don't think so. she's my slightly better looking numbers sibling, so i figure i'm in line right behind her if i'm ever gonna get one

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”