Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CoaltoNewCastle

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:05 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:I appreciate all this speculation about me (seriously), and I am really hoping for either Harvard, Yale, or a Hamilton. With any of those three results I will be completely happy with my cycle and regret nothing. I know if I don't get a Hamilton that I should be able to bargain at least 70kish from Columbia, which I would choose over Stanford because I want to live in a major city (unless I get Yale) rather than Palo Alto, though if I had to choose between Stanford and Columbia both at sticker I would choose Stanford. The appeal of playing Ivy League rugby is really strong too, especially at Harvard (my top rugby choice) or Yale, whose graduate school rugby captains I've already talked to. We'll know within a week or two most likely if I got a Hamilton, since I haven't gotten anything in the mail from Columbia yet and from what I've heard they only give out named scholarships with the initial acceptance.

sry to hijack but lolwut? seriously? if you have received 0 mail from CLS you might be in the running for a named scholarship?

LOLWUT!!! Good question. I have an admissions index of 47 at Columbia and I applied in mid-December so yes I have a good chance at a named scholarship.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:11 pm

I have the same index and applied in sept, didn't get a butler fwiw

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 pm

GargamelITT wrote:I have the same index and applied in sept, didn't get a butler fwiw

Yeah actually I noticed that and it distressed and surprised me. Sorry about that.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:I appreciate all this speculation about me (seriously), and I am really hoping for either Harvard, Yale, or a Hamilton. With any of those three results I will be completely happy with my cycle and regret nothing. I know if I don't get a Hamilton that I should be able to bargain at least 70kish from Columbia, which I would choose over Stanford because I want to live in a major city (unless I get Yale) rather than Palo Alto, though if I had to choose between Stanford and Columbia both at sticker I would choose Stanford. The appeal of playing Ivy League rugby is really strong too, especially at Harvard (my top rugby choice) or Yale, whose graduate school rugby captains I've already talked to. We'll know within a week or two most likely if I got a Hamilton, since I haven't gotten anything in the mail from Columbia yet and from what I've heard they only give out named scholarships with the initial acceptance.

sry to hijack but lolwut? seriously? if you have received 0 mail from CLS you might be in the running for a named scholarship?

LOLWUT!!! Good question. I have an admissions index of 47 at Columbia and I applied in mid-December so yes I have a good chance at a named scholarship.

lol i asked cuz i thought by this point, no news from CLS was ONLY bad news. i assumed i got dinged or rejected, which was disheartening since i applied the beginning of the cycle as well haha. maybe some hope now? maybe? lol

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Out of morbid curiosity, what is the lowest GPA anyone knows about that received a JR1?

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

lol i asked cuz i thought by this point, no news from CLS was ONLY bad news. i assumed i got dinged or rejected, which was disheartening since i applied the beginning of the cycle as well haha. maybe some hope now? maybe? lol

There's no way you're getting dinged and rejected by CLS. The worst that could is happen with your numbers is being waitlisted for yield protection, and I don't think they commonly do that.

georgina

Postby georgina » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:

there are a fair number of HLS admits who have not yet been admitted to CLS over on the CLS thread. i think CLS is not so organized, and you will all get in soon.

georgina

Postby georgina » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Drew2010 wrote:Out of morbid curiosity, what is the lowest GPA anyone knows about that received a JR1?

i thought i saw a 3.4 with JR2, and i haven't seen any lower for JR1. dunno if that person was URM.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:I have the same index and applied in sept, didn't get a butler fwiw

Yeah actually I noticed that and it distressed and surprised me. Sorry about that.

I'll be fine. I suspect I'll still be able to wrangle a sizeable amount of aid from C should I end up there, even if it isn't in the form of one of the named scholarships

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Drew2010 wrote:Out of morbid curiosity, what is the lowest GPA anyone knows about that received a JR1?

talib rocked a JR2 already with a GPA of sub 3.3.. i'm not actually sure what his actual GPA is tho

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:46 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon May 31, 2010 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:47 pm

talibkweli wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

talib rocked a JR2 already with a GPA of sub 3.3.. i'm not actually sure what his actual GPA is tho

bastard

what? :mrgreen: its a compliment haha

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:48 pm

SolarWind wrote:

Interesting.. thanks.. I'm curious if a non-URM 3.4 has ever received a JR1

I would imagine not, or I would imagine the soft factors would have to be unbelievable

Fancy Pants

Postby Fancy Pants » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:49 pm

talibkweli wrote:
SolarWind wrote:

bastard.

to be sure, i had a 174 and i'm a urm with impressive work experience. i wouldnt use my results to draw any conclusions.

Holy awesome. Didn't realize you had gotten your JR2. Well done!

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

You're definitely into CLS doublechecks.. my index is a little lower than yours and I just got the packet. Didn't even apply that early (After Sept.).

cae

Postby cae » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for the replies to my JR question.... good info to have!

mockstar

Postby mockstar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:37 pm

SolarWind wrote:
CordeliusX wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:If it's any consolation to you... I have a high, high GPA with a meh LSAT (but better than the one you're using for an example) and I haven't heard anything. I think Harvard is relying more on softs this year than previously.

171 is "meh" :shock: :roll:

173 is "meh" for Harvard, just the way things work

This is depressing.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:40 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Mon May 31, 2010 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAP1985

Postby JAP1985 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Which is why I pulled my stats off my profile.

talib rocked a JR2 already with a GPA of sub 3.3.. i'm not actually sure what his actual GPA is tho[/quote]
Last edited by JAP1985 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Had my JR1 today!

Just short of 8 minutes.

How long does it usually take to hear back?

I got a bit of the sense that he is getting tired of all these phone calls. Hopefully it wasn't just me....

fidesverita

Postby fidesverita » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:16 pm

I got held today!! *huge sigh of relief* I went complete early-mid November and freaked out because I hadn't heard back yet.

Okay... back to panicking about how to strengthen my app in a few hours...

NeedAdviceNow

Postby NeedAdviceNow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:21 pm

I never got "complete" message, I went straight to application under review today. Is it what normally happens?

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:22 pm

adameus wrote:Had my JR1 today!

Just short of 8 minutes.

How long does it usually take to hear back?

I got a bit of the sense that he is getting tired of all these phone calls. Hopefully it wasn't just me....

ideally next monday. although it could be on a subsequent monday as well. I personally missed the first monday batch and waited around 1.5 weeks.

knola002

Postby knola002 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:22 pm

NeedAdviceNow wrote:I never got "complete" message, I went straight to application under review today. Is it what normally happens?
Don't know about "normal", but it happened to me too.

of Benito Cereno

Postby of Benito Cereno » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:47 pm

how many other people complete before 11/25 without hold or rejection?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”