Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinal08
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby cardinal08 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:05 am

They process applications roughly in order received, right? I submitted and the application was received on the same dates as Adameus (a little before in fact), and still haven't gone complete yet . . .

amidea
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby amidea » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 pm

fidesverita wrote:
amidea wrote:That would be me.. and I'm glad my rejection made someone else feel better! (I don't take offense, don't worry :) )

Not that it makes any big difference, but I thought a 3.63 from Princeton might let me slip onto the WL...I guess the whole "we definitely take grade inflation into account" thing is not so definite.


Oh no, Amidea! I was rooting for you! Looks like no one is safe... I am still in fear! :cry:

Reverse splitter here.


Aww, thanks! And don't worry! There was someone else who had lower numbers who got in so it just must be that my application wasn't very appealing :(

User avatar
Veritas2010
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Veritas2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:15 pm

I've been under review since 12/9 ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

mockstar
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mockstar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Veritas2010 wrote:I've been under review since 12/9 ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


Try being under review since early October.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28264
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Just FYI to anyone wondering how to approach the LOCI, I sent in a letter about what I had been doing for the last five months in a manilla envelope and enclosed a LOR that was in a normal envelope signed over the seal by my LOR writer. Today, I noticed that the new LOR is posted on my status checker, so apparently that worked. Don't have to do it through LSAC or anything.

Also, Harvard asks you to sign everything, so I signed the outside of the LOR envelope.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby fidesverita » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:00 pm

VoidSix wrote:Just FYI to anyone wondering how to approach the LOCI, I sent in a letter about what I had been doing for the last five months in a manilla envelope and enclosed a LOR that was in a normal envelope signed over the seal by my LOR writer. Today, I noticed that the new LOR is posted on my status checker, so apparently that worked. Don't have to do it through LSAC or anything.

Also, Harvard asks you to sign everything, so I signed the outside of the LOR envelope.


Thanks for the tip, Void. I wonder if I can just have my LOR writer send it directly by snail mail (bypassing me)?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28264
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:03 pm

fidesverita wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Just FYI to anyone wondering how to approach the LOCI, I sent in a letter about what I had been doing for the last five months in a manilla envelope and enclosed a LOR that was in a normal envelope signed over the seal by my LOR writer. Today, I noticed that the new LOR is posted on my status checker, so apparently that worked. Don't have to do it through LSAC or anything.

Also, Harvard asks you to sign everything, so I signed the outside of the LOR envelope.


Thanks for the tip, Void. I wonder if I can just have my LOR writer send it directly by snail mail (bypassing me)?


As long as your name and LSAC number are on it I don't see why not.

User avatar
Veritas2010
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Veritas2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:05 pm

mockstar wrote:
Veritas2010 wrote:I've been under review since 12/9 ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


Try being under review since early October.



Okay that's a lot worse. I'm going to stop checking my status checker for a week now ...

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Dignan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:11 pm

Veritas2010 wrote:
mockstar wrote:
Veritas2010 wrote:I've been under review since 12/9 ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!


Try being under review since early October.



Okay that's a lot worse. I'm going to stop checking my status checker for a week now ...

Just FYI, Harvard almost always communicates status changes by email before your status checker updates. Also, with the exception of the fortunate few who had a JR1 (which is usually followed by an acceptance), all the UR December folks have yet to hear anything. If Harvard stays true to form, you'll probably get a hold or reject email within the next two or three weeks. (And there's still an outside chance that you'll get a JR1 email.)

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby rockchalk86 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm

^^^^ I have been UR since 11/20 and have not heard a thing yet. People UR after me have been dinged so that is not always the case.

monique522
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby monique522 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:29 pm

gilagarta wrote:So I submitted my app 1/3 and just got an email for my JR1 for 1/26. The thing is, my #s are 171/4.03. Are they just messing with my head here? It seems like I'm definitely destined for the 25% who get JR1 and no JR2. Or do you think it's possible they're trying to balance out the class with interesting softs? I've got 2+ years work experience at a political nonprofit and wrote my personal statement about all my public interest work.

Just trying to realistically assess what this JR1 means for me!


Yes, I'm sure JR and all his cohorts sit in their marble offices, petting their kitties and saying, "Whose head can we mess with today?"

User avatar
Veritas2010
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Veritas2010 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:^^^^ I have been UR since 11/20 and have not heard a thing yet. People UR after me have been dinged so that is not always the case.


Same boat

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28264
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Eh, Harvard accepts plenty of 171 / 4.00 types. That's at / above the 25th and above the GPA 75th. I have a feeling it's easy to find candidates between their GPA 25ths and 75ths (3.88 & 3.95?) but pretty hard to find those above the GPA 75th. Hence the reason so many JR1s have gone to high GPA folks early in the cycle.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Emma. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:13 am

Veritas2010 wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:^^^^ I have been UR since 11/20 and have not heard a thing yet. People UR after me have been dinged so that is not always the case.


Same boat


+1

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby adameus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:07 pm

cardinal08 wrote:They process applications roughly in order received, right? I submitted and the application was received on the same dates as Adameus (a little before in fact), and still haven't gone complete yet . . .


I hacked into Harvard's system and moved myself to the top of the pile :)

User avatar
coollegemex
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby coollegemex » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

JR2! Very humbled and excited!

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 pm

coollegemex wrote:JR2! Very humbled and excited!


Congrats! I'm guessing Mexican URM?

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby englawyer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:52 pm

coollegemex wrote:JR2! Very humbled and excited!


+1. still in shock

runrabbit
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby runrabbit » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:55 pm

just got the jr 2. good luck to everyone!

User avatar
coollegemex
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby coollegemex » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:57 pm

SolarWind wrote:
coollegemex wrote:JR2! Very humbled and excited!


Congrats! I'm guessing Mexican URM?


Yes sir... How did you decipher that one? haha I am in shock too englawyer! woo!!!

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28264
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:11 pm

I'd kill a man for a JR1 at this point.

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby portena » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Congrats, you guys! Do you mind sharing interview/complete dates? I had my jr1 Wednesday and I'm going INSANE

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby englawyer » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:16 pm

check out this thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93290&start=125

i posted my stats there too

lightbulb1986
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lightbulb1986 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 pm

.
Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

philos
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby philos » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:19 pm

JR2 just now. JR1 1/22. JR1 emails 1/15. Complete 1/14.

LSAT: 175
GPA: 3.68
URM
Ph.D. in philosophy from Harvard




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, BruiseWillis, dreamer_13, jurisdoctor2020, monotonemr and 26 guests