Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dbb44
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dbb44 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Held. Submitted mid October, no JR1.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby of Benito Cereno » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:02 pm

dbb44 wrote:Held. Submitted mid October, no JR1.


180/3.7?
is there something else to the story?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kretzy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:02 pm

dbb44 wrote:Held. Submitted mid October, no JR1.


Whoa, what? These holds don't seem to have much rhyme or reason to them.

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby EijiMiyake » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:04 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
dbb44 wrote:Held. Submitted mid October, no JR1.


180/3.7?
is there something else to the story?


whoa, admissions this year are getting kind of screwy

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby parker09 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:
dbb44 wrote:Held. Submitted mid October, no JR1.


180/3.7?
is there something else to the story?


whoa, admissions this year are getting kind of screwy



+1

I don't know who you killed to get held with those stats, but I can say for sure that I and my 169 did not cure cancer.

edit: submitted mid-Oct; under review status hadn't changed from whenever it first showed up (mid/late Oct)
Last edited by parker09 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbb44
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dbb44 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm

of Benito Cereno wrote:
dbb44 wrote:Held. Submitted mid October, no JR1.


180/3.7?
is there something else to the story?


2 LSAT scores - first was 10+ points lower... otherwise, not sure

mozhou7
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby mozhou7 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Held...

Submitted - Mid Oct
Jr1 - Early Nov
3.9+ & 170/174 (dec retake)

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Amelie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:07 pm

These holds all seem to have submitted in early/mid-October. I submitted in late October, so I guess I should be expecting my email any day now...

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Core » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Do we have any indication of the way these e-mails are being sent out - throughout the day, or in one giant batch at noon?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6341
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 5ky » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:13 pm

maggiebre wrote:These holds all seem to have submitted in early/mid-October. I submitted in late October, so I guess I should be expecting my email any day now...


+1. Probably a rejection in my case, though.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 pm

I hear purgatory is nice this time of year...

citydweller09
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby citydweller09 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 pm

So I'm guessing there won't be any JR2s today ... It seems strange that they'd wait so long before accepting any more people, it's been almost a month.

Oh well.

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:38 pm

julesm2200 wrote:Under Review today. What a joke. There is no way I'm getting in. I kind of wish they held out on reviewing my file until I had heard back from more places. I dont want my 2nd decision to be a rejection....haha


I applied December 12th as well and I just noticed that I'm under review too, though it says that I've been under review since 1/6. I figured they would send an email with the status change.

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby EijiMiyake » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:49 pm

crackberry wrote:I hear purgatory is nice this time of year...

citydweller09 wrote:So I'm guessing there won't be any JR2s today ... It seems strange that they'd wait so long before accepting any more people, it's been almost a month.

Oh well.


And there are more JR1s tomorrow, so most likely no admits tomorrow either...

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby uganik » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 pm

gahthelaw wrote:held.

but hey, at least they emailed.



They just emailed you?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:And there are more JR1s tomorrow, so most likely no admits tomorrow either...

Well what's odd for me is that Friday will be 4 months since I clicked "submit" on my HLS application. If they were going to send me a "held" email, they would have done it already. If they were going to reject me, they would have done it already. I submitted on the first day possible, went UR on the first day possible and had a very early (11/3) JR1. They have to notify me soon right? Like this week...

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 pm

uganik wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:held.

but hey, at least they emailed.



They just emailed you?


yes, they emailed me within 10 min or so of my posting it.

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby EijiMiyake » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

crackberry wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:And there are more JR1s tomorrow, so most likely no admits tomorrow either...

Well what's odd for me is that Friday will be 4 months since I clicked "submit" on my HLS application. If they were going to send me a "held" email, they would have done it already. If they were going to reject me, they would have done it already. I submitted on the first day possible, went UR on the first day possible and had a very early (11/3) JR1. They have to notify me soon right? Like this week...



Yeah, I think you should take it as a good sign. I just had my JR1 in late December (no admits since then), and I'm definitely not looking forward to the possibility of being strung along till March.

START ADMITTING PEOPLE ALREADY!

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby uganik » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:25 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:
crackberry wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:And there are more JR1s tomorrow, so most likely no admits tomorrow either...

Well what's odd for me is that Friday will be 4 months since I clicked "submit" on my HLS application. If they were going to send me a "held" email, they would have done it already. If they were going to reject me, they would have done it already. I submitted on the first day possible, went UR on the first day possible and had a very early (11/3) JR1. They have to notify me soon right? Like this week...



Yeah, I think you should take it as a good sign. I just had my JR1 in late December (no admits since then), and I'm definitely not looking forward to the possibility of being strung along till March.

START ADMITTING PEOPLE ALREADY!


No news has to be good news. At least that's my frame of mind as I have not heard from Harvard since my application went complete on October 8th.

Hey, we're still in the ball game!

AKLaw
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby AKLaw » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
uganik wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:held.

but hey, at least they emailed.



They just emailed you?


yes, they emailed me within 10 min or so of my posting it.



I got the same email. Held as of 11:49am today.
lsat: 175
gpa: 3.6

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Core » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 pm

AKLaw wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
uganik wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:held.

but hey, at least they emailed.



They just emailed you?


yes, they emailed me within 10 min or so of my posting it.



I got the same email. Held as of 11:49am today.
lsat: 175
gpa: 3.6

Sorry.
When did you submit?

AKLaw
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby AKLaw » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Submitted in early october

SR86
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby SR86 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Wow, just got the JR2 ~10 min ago, can't believe it... This definitely just made my day :) My info is on LSN.

User avatar
ConMan345
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ConMan345 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 pm

SR86 wrote:Wow, just got the JR2 ~10 min ago, can't believe it... This definitely just made my day :) My info is on LSN.



Congrats! :D

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby englawyer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:57 pm

SR86 wrote:Wow, just got the JR2 ~10 min ago, can't believe it... This definitely just made my day :) My info is on LSN.


congrats. nice to see some engineer love!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Assasindowntheavenue, Baby Gaga, Baidu [Spider], blahblah123, Cjozsa242, dietcoke1, elcamino4, glockov, goodlucksister, Google Adsense [Bot], lawschool2017712, Mia93, notsolawful, okf731, pleaseclassof2020, Pomegranate27, tlsfan13, vho1791, xn3345, xnsch and 37 guests