Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Chichaca wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:
ad astra wrote:got the JR1 just now. good luck everyone!


congrats!

interesting, I think what someone said earlier about lots of high GPAs is still true. unless I missed someone, everyone who's reported getting one so far (and has his/her stats available) is a 3.9+ type, but the LSATs have been a bit more varied. really small sample obv, but I wonder whether it's pure coincidence or it actually means something

I don't like this.


heh. i don't either, trust me. unless we'd be trying to conclude that they are looking to fill a GPA quota early on and then taking high LSAT folks, in which case i wouldn't mind the news

obviously pure speculation in either case. we'll probably need to wait at least a few more weeks and see a bunch more people get JR1s before we can start to draw meaningful conclusions about who's getting them

User avatar
humdrum
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby humdrum » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:40 pm

SolarWind wrote:Sent October 16/17th... just went under review! so joining the thread..

Oh and have we figured out if under review = complete or not??


intuitively, yes. many people receive a complete email some time after their status changes to "under review" though.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:11 pm

kwat wrote:
picaresco wrote:Can we assume that they're processing people in order w/r/t phone interviews?

Like, the people who are getting them now are by and large Sept. applicants/completes? While those of us in Oct. will be notified later?

This is what I think about when I've got the flu the weekend before midterms.



Got my JR1 email today. Sent my app in early October, went complete October 13.


grats kwat! hope your JR1 goes well!

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:12 pm

asriel wrote:what are some possible reasons for not going complete? my app was received on 9/25, has been under review since 10/1 (although the date recently changed to 10/16), but i haven't received a complete email yet. stats are 176, 4.01


whoah nice numbers - id imagine you'd get a JR1, esp since you applied awhile ago

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28043
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:14 pm

I am not going to worry about it until December.

janer
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby janer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:17 pm

VoidSix wrote:I am not going to worry about it until December.

I don't believe you

DoubleChecks wrote:
asriel wrote:what are some possible reasons for not going complete? my app was received on 9/25, has been under review since 10/1 (although the date recently changed to 10/16), but i haven't received a complete email yet. stats are 176, 4.01


whoah nice numbers - id imagine you'd get a JR1, esp since you applied awhile ago


I also have a 176 and a slightly lower GPA (3.9). I submitted on 9/28 and just received a complete email yesterday. No JR1 :?

User avatar
hoopsguy6
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hoopsguy6 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:31 pm

I'll be submitting this weekend! My GPA is a bit low for Harvard, so fingers crossed.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby GeePee » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm hoping to go complete in time to get a possible JR1 before the holidays. It's too bad my recommenders are sucking badly at writing a 1 page letter...

User avatar
chelita
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby chelita » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi. I just found this forum. I had the harvard phone interview yesterday, it seemed to go well. JR was really nice, don't be too nervous if you have an interview coming up. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

My question, what does JR1 and TS1 mean? And does any idea what it means to have an early phone call? Any idea how many people he called?

Thanks!

User avatar
hoopsguy6
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hoopsguy6 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:41 pm

chelita wrote:Hi. I just found this forum. I had the harvard phone interview yesterday, it seemed to go well. JR was really nice, don't be too nervous if you have an interview coming up. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

My question, what does JR1 and TS1 mean? And does any idea what it means to have an early phone call? Any idea how many people he called?

Thanks!


I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but what did you guys talk about? Any specific questions he asked?

User avatar
chelita
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby chelita » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:53 pm

The questions are exactly what you would expect - there is one about your resume, one about why you want to go to law school, and one about "why harvard." The only one that was a little unusual was he asked how I thought I would handle the stress of law school. He was really nice, which put me at ease, so don't worry too much! Good luck!

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby capitalacq » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:07 pm

finally hit submit :shock:

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Core » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:44 pm

I submitted less than a week ago and as of today am "Under Review." Thank god for this thread...

exeunt
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby exeunt » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:50 am

congrats to those who have gotten a JR1 :D

3.9+/mid 170s here, but complete 10/8 and no invite.. not looking good :cry:

User avatar
joshikousei
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby joshikousei » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:56 am

chelita wrote:My question, what does JR1 and TS1 mean? And does any idea what it means to have an early phone call? Any idea how many people he called?


TS1 = toby stock call number #1. when application were under review (and often before it went "complete" on the status checker), and if you were under serious consideration, TS would email to set up time to call you. first call is referred to as TS1. TS2, the phone call indicating acceptance, generally came a few days or weeks later

JR1 = josh r_________, the new guy this cycle who's calling, call number #1.

bazoogakitty
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby bazoogakitty » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:29 am

This thread makes me sad.

User avatar
triplecats
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby triplecats » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:09 pm

exeunt wrote:congrats to those who have gotten a JR1 :D

3.9+/mid 170s here, but complete 10/8 and no invite.. not looking good :cry:


If you're ever in the South, I'll buy you a drink. It may help ease the pain a little.

User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby capitalacq » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:22 pm

exeunt wrote:congrats to those who have gotten a JR1 :D

3.9+/mid 170s here, but complete 10/8 and no invite.. not looking good :cry:

when it's march and you haven't gotten an invite, then it isn't looking good. now, it's just being neurotic :P

User avatar
chelita
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby chelita » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks for your help joshikousei! He said I should hear by Thanksgiving, so I am hoping that's a good sign. Am very nervous!

driveshaft
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby driveshaft » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:27 pm

GeePee wrote:I'm hoping to go complete in time to get a possible JR1 before the holidays. It's too bad my recommenders are sucking badly at writing a 1 page letter...


+1 I feel like in every school thread I read a comment of yours after having just thought the same thing.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:35 pm

chelita wrote:Thanks for your help joshikousei! He said I should hear by Thanksgiving, so I am hoping that's a good sign. Am very nervous!


imo that is a good sign, but im reading too much into it haha...cuz they dont call you to reject you pre-thxgiving :P

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
chelita wrote:Thanks for your help joshikousei! He said I should hear by Thanksgiving, so I am hoping that's a good sign. Am very nervous!


imo that is a good sign, but im reading too much into it haha...cuz they dont call you to reject you pre-thxgiving :P


Hah, I was just thinking the same thing. Before thanksgiving sounds like admit only calls (at least based on past years). I wish he said that to me :(

User avatar
chelita
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby chelita » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:16 pm

I wouldn't worry if he didn't say anything, because I asked him at the end of the call what the timeline was. He probably wouldn't have brought up before thanksgiving if I hadn't asked directly.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28043
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kronk » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Also--I have heard Harvard plans to do rolling waitlists / rejections this year as opposed to last year, when the bulk of the borderline applicants were notified in April.

Whether I am accepted, rejected, or somewhere in the middle, I'm grateful for that.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:24 pm

VoidSix wrote:Also--I have heard Harvard plans to do rolling waitlists / rejections this year as opposed to last year, when the bulk of the borderline applicants were notified in April.

Whether I am accepted, rejected, or somewhere in the middle, I'm grateful for that.


+1




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”