Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby GeePee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:16 pm

likeaspark wrote:Jumping in on this thread - went Under Review as of 12/22. Yikes.

When i saw "Harvard 2010" hit the frontpage I had visions of calls going out today.

User avatar
musketeerlady
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby musketeerlady » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:20 pm

I guess this is it for 2009 for those still waiting for JR1. Happy holidays, and may 2010 bring more good news!

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 pm

I was hoping that my 12/12 application might go complete before the holiday even though I knew it was unlikely. Oh, well.

User avatar
sayan
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby sayan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:26 pm

GeePee wrote:
likeaspark wrote:Jumping in on this thread - went Under Review as of 12/22. Yikes.

When i saw "Harvard 2010" hit the frontpage I had visions of calls going out today.


Hah, me too. I had a dream about it. :lol:

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Sogui » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:31 am

Sent in my application on the 23rd, would love to hear from people who applied this past week when they start getting their emails.

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby englawyer » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:46 am

Sogui wrote:Sent in my application on the 23rd, would love to hear from people who applied this past week when they start getting their emails.


approx 12/10 submission, no news. i imagine you will have at least 2-3 weeks

User avatar
lalablondie28
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lalablondie28 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:31 pm

So, I went complete on 12/1, but my status says under review 11/23. Sounds like a bad sign to me... I think I may have missed the JR1 mark. Any thoughts/ people in the same boat?

User avatar
peyso
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby peyso » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:06 am

I've been "Under Review" since 9/29 w/ no other contact. Is this odd? Should I be worried?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:11 pm

peyso wrote:I've been "Under Review" since 9/29 w/ no other contact. Is this odd? Should I be worried?

You'd probably have gotten the JR1 email by now if you were going to get it. I wouldn't give up all hope, but don't hold your breath.

User avatar
manbearwig
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby manbearwig » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:36 pm

lalablondie28 wrote:So, I went complete on 12/1, but my status says under review 11/23. Sounds like a bad sign to me... I think I may have missed the JR1 mark. Any thoughts/ people in the same boat?


I'm in the exact same boat. Complete 12/1, under review 11/23, haven't heard anything else.

Though, I must admit I applied purely on a whim. I've got "good" numbers, but no where near HYS, both LSAT/GPA under 25th percentile.

gobucks8284
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gobucks8284 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:28 pm

There's a bit of a mixed message. Should the first interview come 1-2 weeks after the "under review" or the "complete" email? I was under review a few days after submission, just went complete on 12/22.

Does anyone know how the holidays have affected review/interviews?

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby GeePee » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:30 pm

gobucks8284 wrote:There's a bit of a mixed message. Should the first interview come 1-2 weeks after the "under review" or the "complete" email? I was under review a few days after submission, just went complete on 12/22.

Does anyone know how the holidays have affected review/interviews?

The office has been closed from 12/24 through 1/4. I'm taking JR at his word since some JR1's were scheduled for 1/5 even though the emails went out 12/22 or so. I'd expect a new wave of JR1 emails to go out sometime during that week of 1/4.

gobucks8284
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gobucks8284 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks for the info, though I'm officially utterly clueless as to the "complete" or "under review" distinction:

Submitted: 11/30
Under Review: 12/5ish (via status checker, no email or other communication from Harvard)
Complete email: 12/22 (status checker says complete until...)
Under Review: today, about 10 seconds ago, via status checker. What in the hell is going on?

Congrats to all the admits, now that I'm complete I'll throw my hat in the ring.

User avatar
amandap
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby amandap » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:56 pm

I was wondering if it is too late to apply or if applying this late would hurt ones chances of admission. I thought it would be a waste of time, but I have been admitted to schools that I was sure I wouldn't so I don't want to regret not applying later.

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Just to be clear: which is supposed to come first, under review or complete?

User avatar
PoorOrpheus
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby PoorOrpheus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:05 pm

gobucks8284 wrote:Thanks for the info, though I'm officially utterly clueless as to the "complete" or "under review" distinction:

Submitted: 11/30
Under Review: 12/5ish (via status checker, no email or other communication from Harvard)
Complete email: 12/22 (status checker says complete until...)
Under Review: today, about 10 seconds ago, via status checker. What in the hell is going on?

Congrats to all the admits, now that I'm complete I'll throw my hat in the ring.


This is the first I've heard of someone's UR date changing at Harvard.

User avatar
PoorOrpheus
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby PoorOrpheus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:06 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Just to be clear: which is supposed to come first, under review or complete?


It varies person by person. People have received a JR1 e-mail before and after the complete e-mail so don't worry too much about deciphering what it means.

Kulax22
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kulax22 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 pm

So is it necessary at all to remind them you got a new score, or is it 100% taken care of from their end? IE they really do review them all carefully? I submitted a while back and told them I was taking the Dec (but had a Sept score) no emails for JR1 yet if at all

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby GeePee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:36 am

Kulax22 wrote:So is it necessary at all to remind them you got a new score, or is it 100% taken care of from their end? IE they really do review them all carefully? I submitted a while back and told them I was taking the Dec (but had a Sept score) no emails for JR1 yet if at all

Well... the office hasn't been open at all since you got your new scores.

socdep
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby socdep » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm

To those "in the know."

If i had my JR1 in early Nov. and heard nothing since;
do i FORGET HLS (to the extent i can)?

Thx!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:55 pm

socdep wrote:To those "in the know."

If i had my JR1 in early Nov. and heard nothing since;
do i FORGET HLS (to the extent i can)?

Thx!

Join the club:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=98735

Kulax22
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Kulax22 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:09 pm

GeePee wrote:
Kulax22 wrote:So is it necessary at all to remind them you got a new score, or is it 100% taken care of from their end? IE they really do review them all carefully? I submitted a while back and told them I was taking the Dec (but had a Sept score) no emails for JR1 yet if at all

Well... the office hasn't been open at all since you got your new scores.


Yes, I know, but I still want to know if it's good to let them know once they open back up. I didn't expect an immediate acknowledgment anyway... but I'd like to think I'd at least be in the running now :x

User avatar
gymboree
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby gymboree » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:16 pm

amandap wrote:I was wondering if it is too late to apply or if applying this late would hurt ones chances of admission. I thought it would be a waste of time, but I have been admitted to schools that I was sure I wouldn't so I don't want to regret not applying later.


It's not too late to apply. Plenty of people are still sending out apps. If this is your one chance and you have the $97 to spare, go for it. Jump in and enjoy the ride on the boat called "You Never Know". I'm in the same boat (in that I applied with good but <25% numbers). Good luck.

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby vanstone22 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Just to be clear: which is supposed to come first, under review or complete?


It varies person by person. People have received a JR1 e-mail before and after the complete e-mail so don't worry too much about deciphering what it means.


Maybe not the place to ask, but what does JR1 refer to?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:20 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
PoorOrpheus wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Just to be clear: which is supposed to come first, under review or complete?


It varies person by person. People have received a JR1 e-mail before and after the complete e-mail so don't worry too much about deciphering what it means.


Maybe not the place to ask, but what does JR1 refer to?


The phone interview. JR2 = the acceptance call. JR = Josh Rubinstein, the man who does both of them.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”