Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
capitalacq
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby capitalacq » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 am

Rmosk wrote:Ive seen that a handful of the JR1 no JR2 groups are low LSAT/ Low GPA. I had a JR1 last week no JR2 yesterday, 175 4.0. The thing is though I have a non traditional undergrad degree. Whats interesting is if thats what the issue was, why do you think I got a JR1?

because you have a 4.0 and a 175

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 pm

capitalacq wrote:
Rmosk wrote:Ive seen that a handful of the JR1 no JR2 groups are low LSAT/ Low GPA. I had a JR1 last week no JR2 yesterday, 175 4.0. The thing is though I have a non traditional undergrad degree. Whats interesting is if thats what the issue was, why do you think I got a JR1?

because you have a 4.0 and a 175


:lol:

Rmosk
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Rmosk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:13 pm

:D
Last edited by Rmosk on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rmosk
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Rmosk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:14 pm

:D
Last edited by Rmosk on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motloe
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby motloe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Rmosk wrote:Ive seen that a handful of the JR1 no JR2 groups are low LSAT/ Low GPA. I had a JR1 last week no JR2 yesterday, 175 4.0. The thing is though I have a non traditional undergrad degree. Whats interesting is if thats what the issue was, why do you think I got a JR1?

gam zu l'tova

Rmosk
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Rmosk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Motloe your such a mystery man

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby EijiMiyake » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:02 pm

GeePee wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:
GeePee wrote:How long does it generally take to go UR after you submit?



I submitted on 11/16, got my last letter of rec in on 11/24, and am still at "Application Received."

Interesting, I think we should be at the same point in the process then. Maybe review is imminent?



Has anyone that submitted around Thanksgiving gone under review yet? I'm wondering if maybe we should call and make sure they have everything...

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:Has anyone that submitted around Thanksgiving gone under review yet? I'm wondering if maybe we should call and make sure they have everything...


Submitted 11/20; UR as of 12/9. No JR1 email.

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby EijiMiyake » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:14 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:Has anyone that submitted around Thanksgiving gone under review yet? I'm wondering if maybe we should call and make sure they have everything...


Submitted 11/20; UR as of 12/9. No JR1 email.


Hm, it sounds like they should be getting to us soon-ish, if we were half a week behind you.

pipcat
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby pipcat » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Haven't posted yet, but I've been following this thread religiously since discovering it!
Just got my JR2 at 1:45 today!!!!
UR: 10/16, JR1: 11/6, JR2: 12/15

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:24 pm

pipcat wrote:Haven't posted yet, but I've been following this thread religiously since discovering it!
Just got my JR2 at 1:45 today!!!!
UR: 10/16, JR1: 11/6, JR2: 12/15


Congrats!

Things are looking up for all those early JR1 no JR2 folks.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 pm

I was UR 9/28 and I have not received anything but it just updated to UR 12/14. Maybe they are looking at me again?? Just kidding, I have no hope. They probably wrote my rejection letter

User avatar
rowlf
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby rowlf » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:04 pm

What is the purpose of the JR1?

I have a theory, but what do you guys think (or what sourced answer to that can you dig up :))?

king of torts
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby king of torts » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Had my JR1 last week. Got an acceptance call from JR yesterday!

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:15 pm

pipcat wrote:Haven't posted yet, but I've been following this thread religiously since discovering it!
Just got my JR2 at 1:45 today!!!!
UR: 10/16, JR1: 11/6, JR2: 12/15


Congratulations! My JR1 was on 11/6 as well. You got accepted today right, not yesterday?

hopefulincal
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby hopefulincal » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:17 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I was UR 9/28 and I have not received anything but it just updated to UR 12/14. Maybe they are looking at me again?? Just kidding, I have no hope. They probably wrote my rejection letter


I'm so desperate I would be happy with an updated UR date...

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:22 pm

hopefulincal wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I was UR 9/28 and I have not received anything but it just updated to UR 12/14. Maybe they are looking at me again?? Just kidding, I have no hope. They probably wrote my rejection letter


I'm so desperate I would be happy with an updated UR date...

Weird.. I just checked again and now it says UR 9/30

pipcat
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby pipcat » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:25 pm

yep, got accepted today

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dms87 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:08 pm

motloe wrote:
Rmosk wrote:Ive seen that a handful of the JR1 no JR2 groups are low LSAT/ Low GPA. I had a JR1 last week no JR2 yesterday, 175 4.0. The thing is though I have a non traditional undergrad degree. Whats interesting is if thats what the issue was, why do you think I got a JR1?

gam zu l'tova


I know what this means! (my fiancee told me)

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby GeePee » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:23 pm

EijiMiyake wrote:
GeePee wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:
GeePee wrote:How long does it generally take to go UR after you submit?



I submitted on 11/16, got my last letter of rec in on 11/24, and am still at "Application Received."

Interesting, I think we should be at the same point in the process then. Maybe review is imminent?



Has anyone that submitted around Thanksgiving gone under review yet? I'm wondering if maybe we should call and make sure they have everything...

I went UR late yesterday. If you don't go UR by Friday I'd definitely call.

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Sakura3210 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:46 pm

GeePee wrote:
EijiMiyake wrote:
Has anyone that submitted around Thanksgiving gone under review yet? I'm wondering if maybe we should call and make sure they have everything...

I went UR late yesterday. If you don't go UR by Friday I'd definitely call.


Yeah, I went UR today, so it seems like they've gotten to Thanksgiving-ish submissions.

User avatar
T14
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby T14 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 pm

rowlf wrote:What is the purpose of the JR1?

I have a theory, but what do you guys think (or what sourced answer to that can you dig up :))?



I can't answer your question, but what is your theory? I am curious...

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dutchstriker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:55 pm

T14 wrote:
rowlf wrote:What is the purpose of the JR1?

I have a theory, but what do you guys think (or what sourced answer to that can you dig up :))?



I can't answer your question, but what is your theory? I am curious...

Seems pointless to me. He rushed through mine and I still got in two business days later. *shrug*

User avatar
sayan
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby sayan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

dutchstriker wrote:
T14 wrote:
rowlf wrote:What is the purpose of the JR1?

I have a theory, but what do you guys think (or what sourced answer to that can you dig up :))?



I can't answer your question, but what is your theory? I am curious...

Seems pointless to me. He rushed through mine and I still got in two business days later. *shrug*


That's quick! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

User avatar
rowlf
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby rowlf » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07 am

T14 wrote:
rowlf wrote:What is the purpose of the JR1?

I have a theory, but what do you guys think (or what sourced answer to that can you dig up :))?



I can't answer your question, but what is your theory? I am curious...


I actually think it's a way to get applicants thinking seriously about the reality of being at Harvard. I know I hardly dared to look at the website until I got my JR1 email. Now I'm forced to wonder how I would fit in as an HLS student, and what I would do while there. This establishes a substantive, personal connection with applicants when they are at their most impressionable and vulnerable (read: before they are in). This, combined with getting their decisions out fairly early, helps their yield, I'm sure.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”