Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Lmao Zedong

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm

think I should take some time off TLS. I've gotten into NYU which is huge for me, and I think the only place I could hear back from now that would change things significantly is H. a JR1 and three failed rounds of JR2s later, I'm not sure how likely that is.

this is the only thread I still check up on frequently because it's the only one that matters to me at this point. but it isn't productive and make me sad :(

so I'm gonna go play some video games, do some lines off hookers, watch some football, and stop checking TLS. this shit ain't good for my health. congrats to all the admits, and good luck to those still waiting. i'm sure I'll be back and commiserating with you sooner than I'd like

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm

GargamelITT wrote:think I should take some time off TLS. I've gotten into NYU which is huge for me, and I think the only place I could hear back from now that would change things significantly is H. a JR1 and three failed rounds of JR2s later, I'm not sure how likely that is.

this is the only thread I still check up on frequently because it's the only one that matters to me at this point. but it isn't productive and make me sad :(

so I'm gonna go play some video games, do some lines off hookers, watch some football, and stop checking TLS. this shit ain't good for my health. congrats to all the admits, and good luck to those still waiting. i'm sure I'll be back and commiserating with you sooner than I'd like

Amen. It's incredible how much my perspective changed with regard to my lack-of-JR2 after that call from SLS on Friday. A huge weight off my shoulders, to use the old cliche.

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:58 pm

So, I just checked my application status online for the first time. I submitted 11/2. It says that I've been under review for over a month (since 11/12). I'm assuming that's basically a kiss of death? I figure if they were interested I would've gone JR1 a while ago. My stats are low and so I never really expected to get in, so it's not really a big let down.

Eigenvalue A

Postby Eigenvalue A » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:04 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:So, I just checked my application status online for the first time. I submitted 11/2. It says that I've been under review for over a month (since 11/12). I'm assuming that's basically a kiss of death? I figure if they were interested I would've gone JR1 a while ago. My stats are low and so I never really expected to get in, so it's not really a big let down.

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to move on, but I find myself returning to this thread everytime I login.

amidea

Postby amidea » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Eigenvalue A wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:So, I just checked my application status online for the first time. I submitted 11/2. It says that I've been under review for over a month (since 11/12). I'm assuming that's basically a kiss of death? I figure if they were interested I would've gone JR1 a while ago. My stats are low and so I never really expected to get in, so it's not really a big let down.

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to move on, but I find myself returning to this thread everytime I login.

+1. Also in the same boat, but I can't get myself to completely give up hope. Sigh...

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:13 pm

+1

UR since 11/4.

But I'm not at all disappointed, because I would be shocked out of my mind if they didn't auto-reject me. :D

letsgojayhawks

Postby letsgojayhawks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:+1

UR since 11/4.

But I'm not at all disappointed, because I would be shocked out of my mind if they didn't auto-reject me. :D

+1, and UR since 11/2

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:+1

UR since 11/4.

with all of your other acceptances, I would be really shocked. everyone wants you apparently.

0L Hoping for 1

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Well to make you all feel better.. UR since 9/28 and I have not received any word from them

Rmosk

Postby Rmosk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:08 pm

only JR2s on mondays right?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:12 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Well to make you all feel better.. UR since 9/28 and I have not received any word from them

Me too...not a word. I thought maybe I'd squeeze out a waitlist, but now I'm thinking ding.

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 pm

I realized there's a minor silver lining to my screwing up and not applying until mid-December, which is that like a week ago I reestablished my college's chapter of the national Political Science Honor Society with a few of my friends and of course that went on my resume and applications. It definitely doesn't make up for submitting my application two to three months later than I had intended to though. I took my stupid LSAT right after my sophomore year in June 2008 for God's sake. I hope I find something fun to do this winter break to make the time pass more quickly.

lz06

Postby lz06 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 pm

GargamelITT wrote:

Same here. This is the only thread that I constantly check/read every single post. after next weeks batch (assuming there is one) I quit, and will begin dreaming about life in NYC instead of Boston. I expect my inevitable waitlist/rejection sometime in January like JR said. I do really hope it's a waitlist though and not a rejection.. Even though a wait list will only prolong the torture, getting completely rejected would make me :cry:

socdep

Postby socdep » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

.....any hope of receiving a JR2 when i had my JR1 in early Nov???

....Give up yet????

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:43 pm

socdep wrote:.....any hope of receiving a JR2 when i had my JR1 in early Nov???

....Give up yet????

People got in to Harvard like during the summer last year... way too early to give up

Celibidache

Postby Celibidache » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 pm

SolarWind wrote:
socdep wrote:.....any hope of receiving a JR2 when i had my JR1 in early Nov???

....Give up yet????

People got in to Harvard like during the summer last year... way too early to give up

Nonsense. It's a great time to give up! Go ahead, enjoy the holidays.

uganik

Postby uganik » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Well to make you all feel better.. UR since 9/28 and I have not received any word from them

Wow-

You've got me beat by one day.

UR since 9/29.......
:? :?: :(

agathon360

Postby agathon360 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Sorry to revive a topic which has probably been discussed before, but would anyone give me some advice about how to prepare for a JR1? What sort of questions will be asked? Only things on my resume? Any general adivce would be welcome (you can PM me if you like).

Thanks!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:30 pm

agathon360 wrote:Sorry to revive a topic which has probably been discussed before, but would anyone give me some advice about how to prepare for a JR1? What sort of questions will be asked? Only things on my resume? Any general adivce would be welcome (you can PM me if you like).

Thanks!

PM'ing you.

The Dan

Postby The Dan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 pm

agathon360 wrote:Sorry to revive a topic which has probably been discussed before, but would anyone give me some advice about how to prepare for a JR1? What sort of questions will be asked? Only things on my resume? Any general adivce would be welcome (you can PM me if you like).

Thanks!

There are two questions that he asks of everyone: Why is law school right for you? Why Harvard Law? You should be prepared to answer these thoughtfully.

The first question he asks, however, will be more personal. It will reference something in your application. In my case he asked what I do for extracurriculars. You can't really prepare for this question, but you also shouldn't have to. He doesn't seem to throw curveballs, and if you can't explain something on your resume then it probably shouldn't be on there.

At the end he asks if you have any questions. It wouldn't hurt to think up one or two (sincere) questions about Harvard Law, and it goes without saying that the answers should not be obvious (i.e. found in the viewbook). If you honestly have no questions it probably won't be held against you.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 pm

Kretzy wrote:

Me too...not a word. I thought maybe I'd squeeze out a waitlist, but now I'm thinking ding.

Me three. Although I'm still hoping to squeeze out a waitlist.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:38 pm

He never asked me anything personal... Just Why Law and Why Harvard. Sad that JR doesn't want to get to know me. Oh well, I'll still accept his offer of admission.

JollyGreenGiant

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm

I'm UR since 11/9 and have heard nothing but the sound of my self-pity.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:40 pm

VoidSix wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

So here's a question I've wanted to ask for a while: why do people always claim to want to get on a waitlist? How many people does Harvard really accept off the waitlist in a given year? 5? 10? So are people really saying, "I hope to get on a waitlist in hopes that I will then be one of the very very few selected off of it."?

I guess it's marginally better than a rejection, but still, seems sort of, err, pathetic.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:41 pm

crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

So here's a question I've wanted to ask for a while: why do people always claim to want to get on a waitlist? How many people does Harvard really accept off the waitlist in a given year? 5? 10? So are people really saying, "I hope to get on a waitlist in hopes that I will then be one of the very very few selected off of it."?

I guess it's marginally better than a rejection, but still, seems sort of, err, pathetic.

5/a lot >>>> 0/a lot more

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”