Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
englawyer

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby englawyer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:14 pm

Apologize for my misreading of the Senator conversation.

H vs Y vs S..yeah its not the most important issue of the day, but it could actually have implications for some (if they are so lucky to choose between 2 or even 3 of these schools). and plus its fun :shock:

my senator info was from wikipedia. i will double check the list

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:19 pm

englawyer wrote:

H vs Y vs S..yeah its not the most important issue of the day, but it could actually have implications for some (if they are so lucky to choose between 2 or even 3 of these schools). and plus its fun :shock:

I hope that it has implications for me! But discussing it at this point is a little premature. And my issue was not with comparing them itself (certainly a useful exercise) but the way in which people were comparing them: with relatively superficial criteria such as the USNWR statistics.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:22 pm

BreakOrDeath88 wrote:
Jesus, you guys are scaring the shit out of me. When did you guys have your JR 1's? And what are your stats (If you're comfortable revealing, of course)?

I had my JR 1 on Thursday (12/10) and am waiting for that mystical JR 2...My stat range is 176-178, 3.75-3.80.

PMd you...

zamd006

Postby zamd006 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:33 pm

managamy wrote:
englawyer wrote:

I hope that it has implications for me! But discussing it at this point is a little premature. And my issue was not with comparing them itself (certainly a useful exercise) but the way in which people were comparing them: with relatively superficial criteria such as the USNWR statistics.

I agree with that. I only made the point that if you start your own private practice, in my opinion Harvard might make it easier to get clients (Lay prestige).

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

zamd006 wrote:
managamy wrote:
englawyer wrote:

I agree with that. I only made the point that if you start your own private practice, in my opinion Harvard might make it easier to get clients (Lay prestige).

Point taken, and a relevant one to many people.

BreakOrDeath88

Postby BreakOrDeath88 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:14 pm

driveshaft wrote:
BreakOrDeath88 wrote:
Jesus, you guys are scaring the shit out of me. When did you guys have your JR 1's? And what are your stats (If you're comfortable revealing, of course)?

I had my JR 1 on Thursday (12/10) and am waiting for that mystical JR 2...My stat range is 176-178, 3.75-3.80.

If you're getting a JR2, LSN pattern says it'll be tomorrow ... but maybe I shouldn't tell you that because I barely slept last Sunday. My fingers are crossed for you.

LOL it feels like LSAT scores are coming out all over again. I'm in California too so we're 3 hours behind. It's going to be a long day tomorrow if I wake up without a voicemail...

Good luck to everyone though!!!

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 pm

the senate ranking:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99499

NeuroticallyYours

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:15 pm

JR2 tomorrow??? Please? I'm squeezing my iPhone. My desperation is so palpable.

Celibidache

Postby Celibidache » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:JR2 tomorrow??? Please? I'm squeezing my iPhone. My desperation is so palpable.

squeezing your phone, eh? how far up is it?

NeuroticallyYours

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Pretty far.

skip james

Postby skip james » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:36 pm

why oh why am i not even complete yet? :|

capitalacq

Postby capitalacq » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:49 pm

letsgojayhawks wrote:Any opinions on how long till the first rejections/waitlist? I'll be sad if Harvard waits until April like it did last year.

I think they said mid-to-late Jan.

Pankun

Postby Pankun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:00 am

NeuroticallyYours wrote:JR2 tomorrow??? Please? I'm squeezing my iPhone. My desperation is so palpable.

There's an interesting new app for the iphone that predicts, based on how hard you squeeze the phone, your likeihood of getting a JR2. Good luck to everyone.

Casus

Postby Casus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 am

Pankun wrote:

There's an interesting new app for the iphone that predicts, based on how hard you squeeze the phone, your likeihood of getting a JR2. Good luck to everyone.

Interestingly enough, I hear it's also inversely related to the likelihood that your phone will actually be able to receive the JR2 if it comes.

brennanlives

Postby brennanlives » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:47 am

capitalacq wrote:
letsgojayhawks wrote:Any opinions on how long till the first rejections/waitlist? I'll be sad if Harvard waits until April like it did last year.

As winter starts to slowly (very slowly – it was 70 degrees last Thursday) creep into Cambridge, we’ve been hard at work reviewing your applications.

Over the last several weeks, we’ve gotten many questions around timing – specifically, when will we be able to convey a decision on your application. Rest assured, we’re working to get all of you decisions as quickly as possible – however, our highest priority is to ensure that each of your applications gets a thorough review so that we can make a fair and informed judgment of your candidacy. While this takes time, we’re confident it’s worth it.

In general, we aim to get you a decision somewhere in the ballpark of two months from the time your application becomes complete. For early applications (e.g. September & October) this can take a little longer, as our fall school visits and the holidays interfere a bit with timing. As a general rule of thumb, if your application was complete before November 1, we should be able to get you a decision by early-to-mid January. Since we review applications in the order they were received, decisions on applications completed in November should be reached later in January.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to call (617) 495.3179 or e-mail jdadmiss@law.harvard.edu. Note, our office will be closed from December 25 through January 3.

Have a great weekend.

- Josh

ankit

Postby ankit » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 am

brennanlives wrote:
capitalacq wrote:

As winter starts to slowly (very slowly – it was 70 degrees last Thursday) creep into Cambridge, we’ve been hard at work reviewing your applications.

Over the last several weeks, we’ve gotten many questions around timing – specifically, when will we be able to convey a decision on your application. Rest assured, we’re working to get all of you decisions as quickly as possible – however, our highest priority is to ensure that each of your applications gets a thorough review so that we can make a fair and informed judgment of your candidacy. While this takes time, we’re confident it’s worth it.

In general, we aim to get you a decision somewhere in the ballpark of two months from the time your application becomes complete. For early applications (e.g. September & October) this can take a little longer, as our fall school visits and the holidays interfere a bit with timing. As a general rule of thumb, if your application was complete before November 1, we should be able to get you a decision by early-to-mid January. Since we review applications in the order they were received, decisions on applications completed in November should be reached later in January.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to call (617) 495.3179 or e-mail jdadmiss@law.harvard.edu. Note, our office will be closed from December 25 through January 3.

Have a great weekend.

- Josh

Lol! I initially thought the Deans posting on TLS fad had caught on :)

pocketwatcher

Postby pocketwatcher » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 am

I've been under review since 11/23. Still no JR1. Is it time to despair?

Rmosk

Postby Rmosk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:48 am

Any movement today?

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 am

pocketwatcher wrote:I've been under review since 11/23. Still no JR1. Is it time to despair?

I've been UR for at least a month more than you, and probably despairing for a minimum of a month (really, though, longer). so sure.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:58 am

ugh, i actually just got a call from a 617 number........from a doctor who is trying to collect on this bill that is incorrect. today!!....of all days.

....and, of course, i have a deadline at work, so i can't really be obsessively staring at the phone all day.

pocketwatcher

Postby pocketwatcher » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:42 pm

You are about to board the Harvard University Express. Destination: horror.

snackattack

Postby snackattack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:53 pm

Just got my JR2!!! Ahhh so excited!!! And I promise I'm not a flame--I've been obsessively lurking for the past month or so, but I just thought I'd pop in to let you guys know that at least some calls are going out today...!

shenanigans

Postby shenanigans » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Same here!!!! JR2!!!! info to follow when I'm coherent....

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm going to drop a shameless plug for my PS thread, I feel like Harvard applicants would be in a better position to evaluate the relative quality of my PS and where it needs fixing. (Or sabotage my PS to improve their admissions chances)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=99533

Also because Harvard is the reason I really want a quality PS, getting into HLS would mean a full ride with my family's income level. I need a PS that at least puts me at par with other applicants.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Ugh... I missed a call from Harvard about 15 minutes ago. He left no message. Why did I not get to the phone in time? Ahhh.... this waiting is killing me.

Doesn't he normally leave a message?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”