Harvard 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Just got my "complete" email and no JR1 :(

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:27 pm

...
Last edited by NeuroticallyYours on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:29 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Sorry, I'm not going to say anything more than a few days before Thanksgiving.


You really are super neurotic. Wow. No big deal though.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Dignan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:Just got my "complete" email and no JR1 :(

I just got my complete email as well. I am not that concerned, though--at least not yet. Browsing through this thread, it appears that many applicants received JR1s a week or two after their complete email. Also, keep in mind that application volume is likely higher now than it was earlier in the cycle, so everything is probably going to be a bit slower.

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby dutchstriker » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:34 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Do people get "complete" emails after their JR1? Would that be a good or bad sign?

Dude, you seriously need to relax.

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:36 pm

...
Last edited by NeuroticallyYours on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:It's just strange that they would send an email thanking you for applying, saying they have all your materials and that they normally do not give decisions over the phone (I hope they will in my case!) AFTER I've already been under review for a while and have already had my JR1. Are they just really behind on those "complete emails"?


OMG! Your email said they don't give decisions over the phone?!! That's definitely a bad sign. I would start worrying if I were you.

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:48 pm

...
Last edited by NeuroticallyYours on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:50 pm

...
Last edited by NeuroticallyYours on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Allyn
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Allyn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:51 pm

That's their standard "complete" email

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Hattori, were you just messing with me??? Please don't! I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Allyn, did you get your complete email after your JR1 or before?

User avatar
Allyn
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Allyn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:56 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Allyn, did you get your complete email after your JR1 or before?


Before anything. First got the complete email, then an email scheduling the JR1, then JR1.

It seems like the complete emails come completely randomly, though. Everyone seems to have a different order of emails/events.

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:59 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Hattori, were you just messing with me??? Please don't! I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Allyn, did you get your complete email after your JR1 or before?



LOL Sorrrrry man I just couldn't help it! You're FINE! I got the same email and don't even have a JR1 yet.

zamd006
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby zamd006 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:59 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Did anyone who's gotten a JR2 also get the same email?


Calm down man, that is their standard complete email. I received that email 4 days before my JR2. The complete email is unrelated to everything else, forget about it.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby crackberry » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Honestly, this is fucking hilarious. What's your blood pressure NeuroticallyYours? 180/140?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
NeuroticallyYours wrote:It's just strange that they would send an email thanking you for applying, saying they have all your materials and that they normally do not give decisions over the phone (I hope they will in my case!) AFTER I've already been under review for a while and have already had my JR1. Are they just really behind on those "complete emails"?


OMG! Your email said they don't give decisions over the phone?!! That's definitely a bad sign. I would start worrying if I were you.


+1.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Allyn wrote:Before anything. First got the complete email, then an email scheduling the JR1, then JR1.

It seems like the complete emails come completely randomly, though. Everyone seems to have a different order of emails/events.


the weird thing is that it does seem to come around the same time as the JR1 e-mail for enough people to make it seem related sometimes.....definitely not always, though...

edit: NY, are you sure you're not too highstrung for law school?

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 pm

My blood pressure is 4,00000000/5,00000000000. (I'm obviously not going to medical school.)

I'm usually not this neurotic. There's something about law school applications (and especially HLS) that makes me hemorrhage slightly every time I think about it. I'm sure this site makes it worse. I should go cold turkey.

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
Allyn wrote:Before anything. First got the complete email, then an email scheduling the JR1, then JR1.

It seems like the complete emails come completely randomly, though. Everyone seems to have a different order of emails/events.


the weird thing is that it does seem to come around the same time as the JR1 e-mail for enough people to make it seem related sometimes.....definitely not always, though...

edit: NY, are you sure you're not too highstrung for law school?


I think I will be relaxed once I'm in school. I was just fine in a very competitive college. It's the wait that is killing me. Killing me!

How do you think the emails and JR1s are related?

ylc
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby ylc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:25 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:How do you think the emails and JR1s are related?


Complete e-mail = everyone gets.
JR1 = not everyone gets.

I wish you luck and I hope you get your JR2... I'd love to see what you look like during finals.

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Waiting to hear back about admissions is worse than finals. At least with finals, I'll be able to actively do something to help myself.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:35 pm

NeuroticallyYours wrote:Waiting to hear back about admissions is worse than finals. At least with finals, I'll be able to actively do something to help myself.


lol not to seem rude, but if you do get in and you're in my section, please dont be outspoken and act like this every day in class...

NeuroticallyYours
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby NeuroticallyYours » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
NeuroticallyYours wrote:Waiting to hear back about admissions is worse than finals. At least with finals, I'll be able to actively do something to help myself.


lol not to seem rude, but if you do get in and you're in my section, please dont be outspoken and act like this every day in class...


No way dude; I keep this in check in real life. I'm using TLS as therapy. Being on this site is a sick addiction. I need to stop...
Last edited by NeuroticallyYours on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby lz06 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:51 pm

This has to be a flame

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Harvard 2010!

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 pm

lz06 wrote:This has to be a flame


yeah i actually don't buy it anymore. there've been a few neurotic displays in this thread (myself among them), but this is really going above and beyond the call of duty.

if you're a flame, consider your bluff called.
if you're not, jesus loves you




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest